Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Peugeot Car Advert Child In Front Seat

• 05-02-2011 9:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Has anyone seen the new Peugeot car add on T.V, just saw it there now and in the front seat of the car in the opening sequence is a child no more than six at most, i thought its illegal for a child under 12 years to sit in the front seat of a car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh ffs, it's an ad. The car probably never even moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I rank my kids by

1. Per Annum drain on my resources

2. How much I love them

Hence Ciara gets the front seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

This is probably the most dull thread I've ever read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

pc gone mad again

drdeadlift wrote: »
    pc gone mad again

blue screen of death? try the computers forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Anita Blow wrote: »
    This is probably the most dull thread I've ever read

See this Jonjo? I hope you're proud of yourself. Disgraceful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Well i think it is quiet serious, its against the law to have someone under 12 in the front seat and to see this in a car advert is quiet frankly highly irresponsible.
    Do people on here actually condone this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It is not illegal to have a child in a front seat. However, they must be restrained and in a proper booster seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Well i think it is quiet serious, its against the law to have someone under 12 in the front seat and to see this in a car advert is quiet frankly highly irresponsible.

Yeah, it's serious, but it doesn't like to talk about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Joe Duffy - 1850 715 815

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I condone it. I condone the fuck out of it. When I was a kid my dad would drive the car with me in the front. He'd be drunk and smoking cigarettes. Even though mobile phones were the size of bricks and not yet available in Ireland he'd text endlessly and do his Facebook business while driving.

It never did me any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

is it illegal in France?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

ottostreet wrote: »
    is it illegal in France?

Is anything illegal in France?

I mean, strictly speaking if you could afford to take it to the 'highest court in the land'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah, it's serious, but it doesn't like to talk about it.

in ireland it probably is illegal, it was probably made in france where its not

anyway WHO CARES!!!

Advertisement