Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call from UPC about quality survey

• 05-02-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Got a call from UPC this morning (blocked number) saying they were doing a "quality survey" in my area next week and would I mind if they checked my broadband. She gave me a time slot for Monday and said I could ring to reschedule if I wanted by ringing them on the 1908 freephone number. I just got their phone and broadband installed last week.

Has anyone else got a similar call. Was it a genuine? Maybe I should ring UPC to confirm although my gut feeling was that it was legit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Ring UPC to confirm the appointment. Better safe than sorry.

I've been with them almost a year, and except for an sms regarding a speed upgrade, have never received any contact from them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 martins2309

Same been with the for 2 years now we have the full package and were only notified when the speed/ price changed using an SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I reckon I will ring them. Would thye not be able to determine broadband quality remotely anyway or maybe they want to actually check up on the quality of the install - routing of wire etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

It could very well be a check on the installation work carried out. Random inspections are carried out on recent installs.

Come to think of it he did knock a biggish chunk of render off the outside wall of the house (didn't repair it either!) - I think he drilled from inside out. Having said that he did route the cable neatly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UPCJason should be able to help you on this and confirm or not.

Good idea Dub45 - I've just sent him a pm

UPCJason has confirmed that they randomly inspect about 1 in 4 installations to make sure their contractors are doing a good job. If there's a problem they'll send out someone to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bekean

got the same call yet when we phoned them they knew nothing about it.

Advertisement