Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I know, it's a link from the journal, but the daft link is now gone, but it does keep to the recent pervert theme. http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/two-girls-daft-ad-1288846-Jan2014/

Not as uncommon as you'd think. I bumped into a male buddy of mine a few months back and he told me that he recently moved into a house full of students where he was sharing not only a room but also a double bed with another girl :eek: I thought he was only pulling my leg until I called up to see him a few days later and he showed me the bedroom and introduced me to the girl and everything. I'm not sure how they came to the arrangement but he said there's no funny business or anything, they have room dividers to split the space and at the end of the day, they just sleep in the same bed....

Creeped the shìte outta me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Cosy studio accommodation for a mere €400 a month.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1417074&ea=1&fr=default

Imgur link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Funglegunk wrote: »

Imgur link.

Jaysus, can smell the damp just looking at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Jaysus, can smell the damp just looking at that!

You can always tell it's going to be a dump if they only post one photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Imgur link.

I think my uncle used to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Imgur link.

The reason there are no inside photos is because you can't fit a person and a camera inside at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

It's probably one of those houses where you can watch TV from the toilet. And answer the door from the toilet. And make scrambled eggs whilst on the toilet. The crying chair? Crying toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

kerash wrote: »

that doll!!! i had tears running down my face from laughing - like something out of "the conjouring"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I'm considering ringing them to see if I can get the doll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

that doll!!! i had tears running down my face from laughing - like something out of "the conjouring"

Hands up those who can count how many of the items in that house were in their own Grandparents house?

Sacred heart pictures......Check
    Holy relic ornaments and little statuettes......check
    Old Telecom phone(ours was in mustard but still).....check
    Artificial flowers.......check
    Mental pattern carpet clashing with wallpaper........check
    Curtains that neither match with carpet OR wallpaper.....check
    Mats fecking everywhere.........check
    A half drank bottle of Corona(cos all the cool OAP's drink corona).....check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1415191

Picture 3 - I think someone forgot to flush.

15f4om1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

madrabui wrote: »

Ahh here. Whatever else you can say about landlords, they are consistently the least capable photographers in the world. Close the lid or put some bleach down it. Jeeeeeez..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

They didn't use loo roll either. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

That is disgusting!!! The bathroom and the hovel/flat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

madrabui wrote: »

15f4om1.jpg

900 a month? Is that really the market for a place like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

But you are getting access to a bike.
    A bicycle is available for a nominal charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

axel rose wrote: »

urgh....the state of the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

That is hilarious. A hovel with its own pushbike.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    But you are getting access to a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I really don't understand close ups of toilets, but if they are to be included, why does the person who hopes to rent the place out, not make sure the toilet is clean, ugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Lol, this thread is gold. Have to follow this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

What strikes me about some of these places is the terrible terrible furniture. Like a 20 year-old red sofa...really?

Even buy a decent second-hand leather sofa, something that doesn't look like it belongs in the Trotters' flat in Nelson Mandela house.

So many landlords just don't have respect for their tenants, or for their property.

If I were a LL, I'd be mortified showing some scruffy place with furniture that looks like was pulled from a skip. I'd actually get a kick out doing up a place to look good and impress people...it doesn't have to be expensive. Some paint, a decent bit of furniture and some care and attention would go a long way.

For shame, you crappy landlords of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

KungPao wrote: »
    What strikes me about some of these places is the terrible terrible furniture. Like a 20 year-old red sofa...really?

Even buy a decent second-hand leather sofa, something that doesn't look like it belongs in the Trotters' flat in Nelson Mandela house.

So many landlords just don't have respect for their tenants, or for their property.

If I were a LL, I'd be mortified showing some scruffy place with furniture that looks like was pulled from a skip. I'd actually get a kick out doing up a place to look good and impress people...it doesn't have to be expensive. Some paint, a decent bit of furniture and some care and attention would go a long way.

Not all landlords are made of money and not all landlords Swan around during their day counting their money.

A lot of landlords are struggling to pay off a mortgage and break their back working every God sent hour.

Ever thought they just don't have the time to take a week off to redecorate. One week off is not just a weeks lost wage, it's also a weeks mortgage payed on top of it.

I'm not a landlord but you can't really tar everyone with the same brush.
    I enjoy seeing the hovels on this but you have to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

KungPao wrote: »

it is easy to cut up landlords, some are not so good, but i had a tenant who did not use bed sheets, mattress was shiny with the amount of skin and dirt that was stuck to it, some tenants dont even look at oven or grill to clean, i have found inch of dirt on bottom of my oven, even maggots at one time there was a tin of old cooked meat in there and maggots crawling out, the kitchen presses would not get a lick of a cloth, the shower cubicle i have had to use a deck brush and thick bleach to get the grime off the tiles, the toilet i just have had to smear with the thick bleach and leave it on for 24 hours and it would take redoing it to bring it back, the fridge would be reeking, the rubber around the door gone black, as for the floors , skirting, windows,doors, bleach and elbow grease, it would take alot of time and sweat to bring back, but that does not always happen, i have found great people, but i have also had the people who do not think of cleaning at all, i have found great people who have done nothing but added to the place and i always appreciate that.
    if i would not live in a place myself, i would not expect anyone else to do so,

so the moral of my story is,
    you get good and bad landlords,
    and good, great, and bad tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Not all landlords are made of money and not all landlords Swan around during their day counting their money.

A lot of landlords are struggling to pay off a mortgage and break their back working every God sent hour.

Ever thought they just don't have the time to take a week off to redecorate. One week off is not just a weeks lost wage, it's also a weeks mortgage payed on top of it.

I'm not a landlord but you can't really tar everyone with the same brush.
    I enjoy seeing the hovels on this but you have to be fair.

But that's precisely the point I'm making...they DON'T have to spend a fortune. Be creative. And a week to do some refurb? a few days hard graft with a friend helping out would be enough in many cases. If they are renting out grotty flats with an '80s "charm" the yield is going to be lower surly. Do it up a bit and stick an extra 50 or whatever on the monthly.
    goat2 wrote: »
    it is easy to cut up landlords, some are not so good, but i had a tenant who did not use bed sheets, mattress was shiny with the amount of skin and dirt that was stuck to it, some tenants dont even look at oven or grill to clean, i have found inch of dirt on bottom of my oven, even maggots at one time there was a tin of old cooked meat in there and maggots crawling out, the kitchen presses would not get a lick of a cloth, the shower cubicle i have had to use a deck brush and thick bleach to get the grime off the tiles, the toilet i just have had to smear with the thick bleach and leave it on for 24 hours and it would take redoing it to bring it back, the fridge would be reeking, the rubber around the door gone black, as for the floors , skirting, windows,doors, bleach and elbow grease, it would take alot of time and sweat to bring back, but that does not always happen, i have found great people, but i have also had the people who do not think of cleaning at all, i have found great people who have done nothing but added to the place and i always appreciate that.
    if i would not live in a place myself, i would not expect anyone else to do so,

so the moral of my story is,
    you get good and bad landlords,
    and good, great, and bad tenants.

Oh I know only too well how gross people can be.

I recently moved into a place. Very good price in a nice area of Dublin...but the previous tenant seemed to be senseless towards dirt. Years old dust on the curtain rails, dirty blinds, filth under the cooker...I was piised at the agent, HE let them away with it.

In a case like that, the tenant should lose x from their deposit for cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Ahh here. Whatever else you can say about landlords, they are consistently the least capable photographers in the world. Close the lid or put some bleach down it. Jeeeeeez..

i think that the pictures were taken before the tenant left, because if you look around the room, there are personal items on window sill, and sink, yes the toilet is badly in need of bleach, shows the tenant did not clean it, the mirror is all slop also, also the sitting room the tv and the bedclothes look like the belong to someone living there at the time,
    so i dont think that when pictures were taken that the last tenant had vacated the place,
    that could not be the way the landlord hands it over, usually these things are sparkling, without others personal items let lying around for the new tenant to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

goat2 wrote: »
    i think that the pictures were taken before the tenant left, because if you look around the room, there are personal items on window sill, and sink, yes the toilet is badly in need of bleach, shows the tenant did not clean it, the mirror is all slop also, also the sitting room the tv and the bedclothes look like the belong to someone living there at the time,
    so i dont think that when pictures were taken that the last tenant had vacated the place,
    that could not be the way the landlord hands it over, usually these things are sparkling, without others personal items let lying around for the new tenant to deal with.

That explains why the house was messy, but I still don't understand why they decided to upload the picture of a ****-stained toilet :confused:

My post was also speaking for the quality of pictures landlords take in general. That picture shows us almost nothing about the shape/size of the bathroom, except that there is a disgustingly dirty toilet bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That explains why the house was messy, but I still don't understand why they decided to upload the picture of a ****-stained toilet :confused:

My post was also speaking for the quality of pictures landlords take in general. That picture shows us almost nothing about the shape/size of the bathroom, except that there is a disgustingly dirty toilet bowl.

The least they could have done was pour in some bleach and leave overnight. Or simply closed the lid, come to think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

€600 p/m to live with this fella, his "au pair" and 3 year old. Doesn't sound creepy at all...

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/St-Laurences-Grove-Chapelizod-Dublin-20-West-Co-Dublin/749877/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

€600 p/m to live with this fella, his "au pair" and 3 year old. Doesn't sound creepy at all...

http://www.rent.ie/rooms-to-rent/St-Laurences-Grove-Chapelizod-Dublin-20-West-Co-Dublin/749877/

Not sure what part is creepy exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement