Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

€725 a month for whats basically someones garden shed!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1422030#

Dear God.

I wonder if it comes with a lawnmower and hedge clippers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€725 a month for whats basically someones garden shed!
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1422030#
    I googled Mark Redmond & Garda to see what would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

snubbleste wrote: »
    I googled Mark Redmond & Garda to see what would happen.

Looks like Mark Redmond is a cannabis grower, worked for Anglo and is a Garda. Aswell as a landlord, some dude!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Property Description:
    This is a one bedroomed wooden shellet, with a small walk in wardrobe, medium sized kitchen com living room, standard sized shower room, with toilet and sink.
    Perfect for 1 person, slightly too small for 2 people.

Mark or whomever composed this property description need to employ someone with a basic grasp of English to proof read their work. Shellet is not even a word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Property Description:
    This is a one bedroomed wooden shellet, with a small walk in wardrobe, medium sized kitchen com living room, standard sized shower room, with toilet and sink.

Mark or whomever composed this property description need to employ someone with a basic grasp of English to proof read their work. Shellet is not even a word.

Shed + Chalet = Shellet = Sly fuckers

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

mikom wrote: »
    Shed + Chalet = Shellet = Sly fuckers

They think it attracts more interest if they use imaginative language, if they were honest they'd have said Shed t' let

Property Description:

Shellet, made with Pallets...:)

€725 a month for whats basically someones garden shed! http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1422030#
    Property Views: 6,236
    That's a lot of views in five days.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Property Views: 6,236
    That's a lot of views in five days.

Word spreads when a Shellet comes on the market...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Archeron

Jake1 wrote: »
    Word spreads when a Shellet comes on the market...

Slightly too small for two people. Perfect for two really skinny fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ziggy_Stardust

A children's play house cozy log cabin to rent nestled in picturesque woodland surroundings of some blokes back garden.

http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/30-oakcourt-park-palmerstown-dublin-20/2117067

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

A children's play house cozy log cabin to rent nestled in picturesque woodland surroundings of some blokes back garden.

http://www.myhome.ie/rentals/brochure/30-oakcourt-park-palmerstown-dublin-20/2117067

Not bad, tbh! Again, students can't afford to be choosey ;-)

rawn wrote: »
    No toilet?

There's a small toilet / shower room in picture 7. An outhouse would have been better for a more authentic experience.

rawn wrote: »
    Not bad, tbh! Again, students can't afford to be choosey ;-)

I can just imagine a couple of hungover students being woken up by your mans kids playing in the back garden. At least there's a comfortable looking crying chair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Looks a lot nicer inside than a lot of flats in fairness! Wouldn't fancy living in one for the winter though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

To be fair , its not that bad. Like others have said it'll be awful in the winter !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It makes me sad to live in Dublin. Other places in Ireland you could get a nice 3 bed house for the same rent as a garden shed in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

He's looking for 2 months' rent as a deposit for that cabin. Jesus christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'd actually love a little cabin like that, if it wasn't in someones garden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

He's looking for 2 months' rent as a deposit for that cabin. Jesus christ!

That's the new thing now
    and zero protection for your deposit in case they feel like deducting all of it for "cleaning"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wonder could they provide a BER rating for these 'sheds'...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I wonder could they provide a BER rating for these 'sheds'...

You'd have to wonder about shed insurance also, i'd dread to think of a fire in one of these 'cabins'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you'd have to a right tool to go in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

That is disgraceful. Also, so much feckin wood it's like a coffin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

what exactly is wrong with those two cabins? They are well kitted out, very clean and have a decent amount of room. I've lived in a lot worse than either abodes. Why would people not like to live in them in winter? They are designed with insulation. The perception of these cabins is quite wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

what exactly is wrong with those two cabins? They are well kitted out, very clean and have a decent amount of room. I've lived in a lot worse than either abodes. Why would people not like to live in them in winter? They are designed with insulation. The perception of these cabins is quite wrong.

They're grand cabins but the fact that you've to go through (presumably) the landlord's garden to get to them is awkward. Plus you'd have wains running around outside in the morning and I'd imagine you'd open your front curtains and see straight into their house. Would be a weird living situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

There's a small toilet / shower room in picture 7. An outhouse would have been better for a more authentic experience.

Yeah I was on my phone and saw they listed shower but not toilet, edited after I saw pics ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Idobai

https://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=757279

This guy needs to work in advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

They don't conform to building regulations. If you applied to put one up as a residence you would get turned down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement