Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/mount-eden-road-donnybrook-dublin/1435028/

God, that's so depressing, and a grand a month they want. Is there a severe shortage in Dublin nowadays? A few years ago when I left, the prices were way cheaper and there seemed to be more available. What's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

God, that's so depressing, and a grand a month they want. Is there a severe shortage in Dublin nowadays? A few years ago when I left, the prices were way cheaper and there seemed to be more available. What's going on?

That would be 500 for each bedroom?

"Newly Decorated":D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭OntheStrings

"Beautifully maintained period house off Morehampton Road. QUIET house. Newly decorated s/c fully furnished apartment with two single bedrooms, own bathroom and toilet."

Newly decorated... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Newly decorated... :confused:

decorated by the well known John Newly in 1937

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

That picture of the squished chairs makes it look like Mount Eden Road is handy for a nearby black hole as well as being near the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

McChubbin wrote: »
    Not a house on Daft or anything but this was pretty awesome and I wanted to share it. A 96 year old Canadian woman is trying to sell her house and it's like stepping back in time to the 1950s. :)
    Oh, if I only had cash and a Green Card...

It's amazingly well preserved. It seems hard to believe she's actually been living here all this time.

My eyes are hurting now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

It's amazingly well preserved. It seems hard to believe she's actually been living here all this time.

My eyes are hurting now too.

Living there all this time with Liberace by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

This thread is so depressing. We would love to move somewhere cheaper but unless we are willing to literally live in a hole in the ground there just isn't anything!

I'm gonna move to Kerry and live here instead. Its less than what I currently pay for a 2 bed terrace in an estate in North Dublin :(

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/hawthorn-woods-kenmare-kerry/1402712/#

That is unreal! Shocking to see such a vast difference compared to what you would rent in Dublin or the suburbs.

I wonder could Kerry be considered a Dublin commuter town 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You can practically smell the corpse of the last tenant looking at the decor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The area is amazing, I lived about a 1 minute walk from that spot a year ago. Considering "nice" 2 beds in the area are now heading into 1400-1600 territory(near 40% rise), there will be people who take it at that price.

The area is amazing, I lived about a 1 minute walk from that spot a year ago. Considering "nice" 2 beds in the area are now heading into 1400-1600 territory(near 40% rise), there will be people who take it at that price.

It's a nice area but the decor and state of the place is shocking for that price. You can tell it's run by an old school money grabbing aul bint. I've dealt with these people before and they put Dickensian villains to shame, you'd think you'd have a little bit of pride in what you're renting to your tenants, it clearly hasn't been done up since the 50s or 60s ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I'd say if they spend a grand on the place on second hand bits and pieces they could easily up their rent by a couple of hundred quid too. To spend a bit more and modernise it would probably work out much better for them in the long run too. If they put ten grand into it i'm sure they could recoup that spend within 2 years in the extra rental price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Is he reading between the lines?:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dear God - two beds, the kitchen and the sitting room (ie 2-seater couch) all in one room :eek: Imagine the smell! And then the bathroom leading straight off it.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The Kitchen is the Bedroom?

Nah, the bedroom quite clearly is in the kitchen. As is the sitting room.

Less hoovering that way.

Check out where the shower is in this one. That would be handy I think. :)

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/lohunda-blanchardstown-dublin/1435202/

• Advertisement

For 420 euros a month this place is surprisingly nice.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/hazelwoo...ublin/1430998/

"The living room and kitchen are shared with the three other students already in situ in the apartment."

The c*nts regularly do that, put a room into the lettings for an entire place. It clogs up the searches and is bad form really, especially as it's usually rental agencies that do this. C*nts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Photo attached for people who might miss it later. :pac:

"The living room and kitchen are shared with the three other students already in situ in the apartment."

Still nice even if you do have to share.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Photo attached for people who might miss it later. :pac:

Never noticed before but he has writing all over his tshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Check out where the shower is in this one. That would be handy I think. :)

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/lohunda-blanchardstown-dublin/1435202/

That's down the road from me. Nice area. My partner and I are desperately looking for a one bed place that is within the RA limit and here is one but of course they won't accept it... fúcking typical. How on earth are we supposed to find a place to live if the RA limit is stupidly low compared to rent prices and no landlords will accept it anyways? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Rawn the statistics are awful- of the 1567 properties in Dublin to rent this evening 14 will take RA. Put a rent cap of 1,100 on that and it's 10 properties. Strangely nearly all of them are in or around D.10 or D.22. It's a situation that the Govt need to address ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

rawn wrote: »
    That's down the road from me. Nice area. My partner and I are desperately looking for a one bed place that is within the RA limit and here is one but of course they won't accept it... fúcking typical. How on earth are we supposed to find a place to live if the RA limit is stupidly low compared to rent prices and no landlords will accept it anyways? :/
    Why won't landlords take rent allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Paddy Cow wrote: »

My guess was always that it might put them on the taxman's radar. That or they have some outdated and unfair views of rental allowance recipients as "trouble".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Landlords are required to sign a contract with the relevant council/corporation for a set period of time e.g. 5 years. I don't think they have a lot of control over the choice of tenants in that period. A landlord in high demand areas can pick and choose, and ask for a higher rent, so why bother?

• Advertisement

Millicent wrote: »
    My guess was always that it might put them on the taxman's radar. That or they have some outdated and unfair views of rental allowance recipients as "trouble".

No, it's often because you're required to commit for long periods to having your property in the local authority pool, and have little say about the tenants. It's just a bit of a blind risk.

It's reasonable enough to want to retain some flexibility, but thats not to say that some of them aren't just avoiding complications with the taxman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement