Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Not really...think you (purposely) took that up completly wrong...

My opinion and clearly that particular landlord too! They don't expect people to stay for long so they expect people will accept a complete sh*thole. Short term renters would generally fall into certain brackets.

What Brackets would that be? :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think it's them lads back again all right. There used to be one where they'd give you a discount if you were vegan and other stuff

Yeah, it's not too long since that was on daft. Looks like the new room-mates couldn't hack all the craziness and moved out. You'd be so tempted to arrive in with a pile of friends and a big dirty chipper on your last night there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Toots* wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not too long since that was on daft. Looks like the new room-mates couldn't hack all the craziness and moved out. You'd be so tempted to arrive in with a pile of friends and a big dirty chipper on your last night there.

Or sacrifice a goat in the garden ! :pac:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Or sacrifice a goat in the garden ! :pac:

While doing a keg stand and cooking up a hit of heroin

Actually just looking at that ad again, those supposedly 'environmentally conscientious' people are recommending taking a 30km trip just to buy food?? How the hell is that environmentally friendly? Also from the looks of that sh1tbox car in the driveway, I reckon while it's economical to run, the emissions would be fairly high. Pretentious fcuks!

• Advertisement

While doing a keg stand and cooking up a hit of heroin

May as well have a full blown rave while you're at it with uv paint and loads of other nasty chemicals !

I'd hide a crap load of cocaine or ecstasy under the floorboards, then about a month after moving out anonymously tip off the drug squad. I wonder how organic prison food is.

I'd hide a crap load of cocaine or ecstasy under the floorboards, then about a month after moving out anonymously tip off the drug squad. I wonder how organic prison food is.

SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN !!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Actually just looking at that ad again, those supposedly 'environmentally conscientious' people are recommending taking a 30km trip just to buy food?? How the hell is that environmentally friendly? Also from the looks of that sh1tbox car in the driveway, I reckon while it's economical to run, the emissions would be fairly high. Pretentious fcuks!

Ah but you have the electric car with driver for a small price to get you there:rolleyes:

I also think this is funny:
    Places around for proper food:
    * "Healthy Habbits" living food cafe in Wicklow 30km trip. down to south
    * "Happy Pear" vegetarian cafe in Greystones 11km trip ( you might like 2.60Eur/h sauna/pool deal 4 times a week ) down to south
    * "Cavistons" market with a lot organic and variety of foods in Dun Laoghaire 11km trip up.
    * Blackrock Organic Market in Blackrock 15km trip up
    * LIDL 5min walk

All these organic places listed, and then LIDL!

mosi wrote: »
    Ah but you have the electric car with driver for a small price to get you there!

Electric car is ultimately powered by fossil fuels though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/51-52-capel-street-dublin-1-dublin/762119/

Is that supposed to be a wardrobe in pic #1?

Who gets the chair in the bold corner facing the washing machine??

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 FlusterCluck

yawhat! wrote: »
    LOL at the description!

FFS, these idiots travel 30 kilometres to eat in a damn vegetarian cafe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It is available until the 31th of April however, which is my very favorite day of the year.

Yo Man, Don't eat meat man. Its bad man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

They look for *English speakers but they can't spell or form proper sentences themselves. WTF!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

They look for *English speakers but they can't spell of form proper sentences themselves. WTF!

:D the irony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Yo Man, Don't eat meat man. Its bad man!

Caring for the environment means encouraging mould to grow on the inside of their windows. I bet everything in the house reeks of damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

fussyonion wrote: »

omg, it's in the indo. I guess at least half of the 4000 clicks on the ad were from readers of this thread...:)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

tara73 wrote: »
    omg, it's in the indo. I guess at least half of the 4000 clicks on the ad were from readers of this thread...:)

Not a surprise really, about half the stories in the independent every day are basically rehashed boards threads.

littlelulu wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/51-52-capel-street-dublin-1-dublin/762119/

The washing machine appears to be in lieu of a television, the chair is there so you can watch your socks going around and around. It's hypnotic in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hell Ram

littlelulu wrote: »

What I find strange is the second chair at the desk in what's clearly a one (single) bed room.

Also the 'clothesline' in the hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Hell Ram wrote: »
    What I find strange is the second chair at the desk in what's clearly a one (single) bed room.
    At first I thought the bed was in the sitting room. Wouldn't be the first time.

They look for *English speakers but they can't spell or form proper sentences themselves. WTF!
    They probably want English speakers there to help them to improve their own! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Not really, they're obviously Brazilians here to learn the language. It's easier to do that in a mixed setting rather than having a house full of their fellow citizens where one would naturally slip back into Portugeuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Looking for males only to share a room with a girl. In bunk beds. :cool:

Wonder who gets to be on top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I don't think I would be happy paying good money to an estate agent so that they could write something like this!

http://www.daft.ie/sales/765-st-patricks-park-celbridge-kildare/732877/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement