Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I haven't been in that house but I've been in one nearby and they're absolutely tiny. Very little natural light as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Staph wrote: »
    Here's a lovely one! I wonder how they managed to get the bed in?

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/niochlas-church-lane-cork-city-centre-cork/1440627/

"Timber floor in bedroom". Shame you can't actually see it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Apart from the bedroom, its a lovely little flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I viewed a little house a few doors up from this a couple of years ago, and I swear it was even worse! This is a veritable palace by comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

KTRIC wrote: »
    How do you work that one out from looking at the other pictures?

• Advertisement

How do you work that one out from looking at the other pictures?

In fairness, looking at the other pics the kitchen/living room and bathroom look nice, small but nice. Ideal place for one person, especially if you enjoy bouncing on the bed (to gain admittance!) and not having a wardrobe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

KTRIC wrote: »

BER rating of G and all, making it even nicer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I have to admit that the part of me that is still a child went "My whole room would be like a bouncy castle!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Vojera wrote: »
    I have to admit that the part of me that is still a child went "My whole room would be like a bouncy castle!"

At least you never have to worry about accidentally rolling out of bed in the middle of the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

LenaClaire wrote: »
    At least you never have to worry about accidentally rolling out of bed in the middle of the night :)

Unless you leave the door open and you roll out of the bedroom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

dee_mc wrote: »
    In fairness, looking at the other pics the kitchen/living room and bathroom look nice, small but nice. Ideal place for one person, especially if you enjoy bouncing on the bed (to gain admittance!) and not having a wardrobe...
    I'd use very very basic instead of nice. Could you really imagine sitting in watching TV on that little couch in your kitchen? I pay the same price for a bedroom and ensuite in Dublin 6 almost the size of that whole apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

dmc17 wrote: »

I don't think the room has a door! Another glorious 'quirk' of the apartment :P

I'd use very very basic instead of nice. Could you really imagine sitting in watching TV on that little couch in your kitchen? I pay the same price for a bedroom and ensuite in Dublin 6 almost the size of that whole apartment.

Ah I'm not saying it's my dream place, I'm saying it's relatively clean and bright compared to a lot of the places on these sites! Of course there's better to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

dmc17 wrote: »

There doesn't seem to be a door. :D

In the photo showing the kitchen, the bed seems to be at a different angle, than in the one showing the bed(room)... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

I don't think the room has a door! Another glorious 'quirk' of the apartment :P

Oops. I thought the one to the right was the door opened out

What I don't get is - look at photo 1. There's a mattress back against the wall and you can see the actual floor. However, photo 4 shows the bed filling the entire room. And what room is photo 5 showing? It looks, going by the picture of the flower on the wall, to be on the near side of the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

He couldn't even spell his own name right on the ad. "Desomnd Daly"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

BER rating of G and all, making it even nicer...

Hmmmm.....stays warm for about as long as it takes a birthday candle to burn.....cosy!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hmmmm.....stays warm for about as long as it takes a birthday candle to burn.....cosy!:o

Once you get into/onto the bed block the door and the heat will have nowhere to escape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Tis like farting in a lift!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Ste- wrote: »
    Once you get into/onto the bed block the door and the heat will have nowhere to escape.

At least there isn't a chance you could whack your baby toe of the corner of the bed.....this place is lookin' good!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He couldn't even spell his own name right on the ad. "Desomnd Daly"

Or the address...am assuming "Niochlas" should be Nicholas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

What I don't get is - look at photo 1. There's a mattress back against the wall and you can see the actual floor. However, photo 4 shows the bed filling the entire room. And what room is photo 5 showing? It looks, going by the picture of the flower on the wall, to be on the near side of the couch.

Yes, I was saying that too. It looks in one photo that the bed is at an angle to the doorway, but in the photo of the bedroom, it looks like it's jammed across the doorway and that it literally fills the room.
    I suppose it saves on vacuuming/ sweeping the floor :D.

Vojera wrote: »
    It's a bit like having a four post bed, but with walls instead of curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I've looked at that again and I think it's two different places!

Look at photo 1 - you see the sink side on, and the fire extinguisher, and the bedroom. There is only one doorway.

Look at photo 4 - you see the sink side on again, and the fire extinguisher again, but - hey presto! - a doorway has miraculously appeared beside the bedroom door :eek:

serfboard wrote: »
    I've looked at that again and I think it's two different places!

Look at photo 1 - you see the sink side on, and the fire extinguisher, and the bedroom. There is only one doorway.

Look at photo 4 - you see the sink side on again, and the fire extinguisher again, but - hey presto! - a doorway has miraculously appeared beside the bedroom door :eek:

I was going by the pictures of the flowers on the wall. It looks like the couch is between two doorways. I'm assuming that the small room with the wardrobe in it, on the side of the couch nearest the camera, leads to the bathroom. So, did they sacrifice a bedroom just to allow access to the bathroom?

Also, that security grille on the front door is rather worrying. Why only that house? I'd have the horrors about some prankster putting a lock on it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I see the pictures a bit different. While it looks like a different apartment I think the pictures were taken a completely different times. The fire extinguisher is a different colour, no mat outside the bedroom door etc.

I think the door in pic 4 is at an angle which is why its hard to see it in pic 1.

See my drawing below - and before you ask, YES!, I have a lot of time on my hands today!! :P:D

bedroom.png

kitchen.jpg

Great detective work!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

for the right person ONLY...

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/clonturk-stonepark-athlone-road-longford-town-longford/1438792/

interesting definition of anti social too....mechanic outside the back window...

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    for the right person ONLY...

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/clonturk-stonepark-athlone-road-longford-town-longford/1438792/

interesting definition of anti social too....mechanic outside the back window...

What's a "Caravan converter" when it's at home?

Must be the s**test Transformer of them all that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement