Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What's a "Caravan converter" when it's at home?

Must be the s**test Transformer of them all that one.

Maybe it's one of the guys from Brainiac!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A truly sublime example of the Crying Chair & thoroughly depressing

http://touch.daft.ie/imagebrowser.daft?type=rental&id=1441274

So many of the places here keep reminding me of this not even a crying chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

gozunda wrote: »

Heartbreaking stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Where do people even get chairs like that?

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Where do people even get chairs like that?

In 1964 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

So many of the places here keep reminding me of this not even a crying chair!

Does anyone have a link to the 'original' crying chair pic???

Here you go

The original of the species ...

The Crying Chair

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Here you go

The original of the species ...

The Crying Chair

Link

NAa.. the 'original' 'daft houses to let' crying chair.... was it the one facing the microwave or washing machine or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

This one is close to the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

From 2000, surely a suitable soundtrack to the crying chair phenomenon.

pajor wrote: »

Arrrgghhh not the glowing turkey in the oven again!

Potential for steamy scenes on the telly in this house http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Doonagore-Doolin-Co-Clare/1437573/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Where did you find that one? It's identical to the one in this!?!

It's probably the same block.
    The chair just moves hovel to hovel!

It's probably the same block.
    The chair just moves hovel to hovel!

I reckon its a bit like the film The Ring but instead of viewing a video / the chair condemns anyone who sits on it to a perpetual twilight existence in a 'studio bedsit' forever ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Absolutely horrible house for rent in Mount Hawthorn. Anyone ever lived in a house full of FAS boys?, well this is it but theirs no one there anymore. Its very old, cold and bold(we reckon it lowers the price of houses around us). Before you waste petrol or taxi money i can give you a visual tour through skype etc.
    They are two lads in the house, Im a mechanic and the other lad is gone up to a farm for a while. the other guy is gone home for a while. We are respectful lads who enjoy a good powerful weekend. We are looking for a nice genuine person who can have a laugh.
    We have foxtel, internet and a chip pan, along with all the needs for, wait for it...........$100 a week plus two weeks deposit. We want someone asap male or female(irish).
    Contact me on 0414652910.

Thats an ad I put up on a facebook page. The ad got over 50 likes and our new tenant is a topless bar girl(skimpy) from Kilkenny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ah that chair looks soooo comfortable. perfect to rest my old bones while cooking...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

And TWO crying chairs! Bargain :P

But who do they think they're kidding with all them windows... do you have to pay extra for privacy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

F**k sake! The audacity of some people. If anyone actually pays €475 a month for that.. I don't even know.. I'm lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

F**k sake! The audacity of some people. If anyone actually pays €475 a month for that.. I don't even know.. I'm lost for words.

Thinking the exact same thing. 475 a month for that poxy room/shed. The ad suggests it even has a balcony. The furniture the finishings all suggest cheap greedy slumlord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Report it to housing standards @ SDCC or the environmental health @ HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

For stuff like that understair "bed", on the one hand it's totally wtf but on the other hand, if I were really stuck and booted out of somewhere, didn't have a big deposit, was on a waiting list or something for RA or falling between the gaps, it would be good to know there's really cheap stuff out there to do for a while

It's still mad seeing garden sheds though... wonder if it gets really cold

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

dirtyden wrote: »
    Thinking the exact same thing. 475 a month for that poxy room/shed. The ad suggests it even has a balcony. The furniture the finishings all suggest cheap greedy slumlord.

I like how there are no taps on the "kitchen" sink and the waste pipe for same sink runs across the yard. Complete diy job.

Patio in fairness, but the place is still super grim! Not even a proper oven. 'Easy to heat' doesn't sound very convincing - total chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

dee_mc wrote: »
    Patio in fairness, but the place is still super grim! Not even a proper oven. 'Easy to heat' doesn't sound very convincing - total chancers!

Yeah to be fair it did say patio/balcony. The honest description would have been small paved yard shared with main house.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Looks like they dragged the garden table and chairs into the "apartment". I can just imagine them furnishing the place.

"Right...hmmm.. they'll need a table and chairs also... ahh feck it.. spare table here in the garden will do"

And the beside lockers too, I use those in my garden shed for storing loose bits and bobs, tools, etc.

Yeah to be fair it did say patio/balcony. The honest description would have been small paved yard shared with main house.

Ah I just saw that in the rent.ie description! I think that's the catch-all term for a garden OR patio OR balcony. None of which really feature there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I googled 'daft.ie crying chair' and that came up from broadsheet.ie.

Some other pretty sad results too. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement