Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Price cheaply inclusive of energy bills. Also use of Bathroom, Kitchen and Patio Garden.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ronan45 wrote: »
    Use of front living room accommodated with a purpose built bed, which is a couch during waking hours. Privacy respected during sleeping hours.:cool:

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-flatshare-houseshare-in-dublin/comfortable-living-in-cottage-on-canal-waterfront-rathmines-d6-599927255

Who decides what "waking hours" are? No hangover days lying in bed til 4 o'clock in that house anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Who decides what "waking hours" are? No hangover days lying in bed til 4 o'clock in that house anyway!

The waking hours are when the owner wakes up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ronan45 wrote: »
    Use of front living room accommodated with a purpose built bed, which is a couch during waking hours. Privacy respected during sleeping hours.:cool:

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-flatshare-houseshare-in-dublin/comfortable-living-in-cottage-on-canal-waterfront-rathmines-d6-599927255

Is that 75 a week or month? :confused: That said 300 a month in dublin sounds ok
    Would suit someone who wishes to share with less people than in a hostel or bedroom share, for the same or a cheaper price,

I suppose if you're stuck and it's short term you might be ok with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is that 75 a week or month? :confused: That said 300 a month in dublin sounds ok
    Would suit someone who wishes to share with less people than in a hostel or bedroom share, for the same or a cheaper price,

I suppose if you're stuck and it's short term you might be ok with it

It's at the end here -
    Deposit 325 euro plus Months rent 325 euro or if more convenient, 75euro paid weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

wonski wrote: »
    The waking hours are when the owner Andy, the music-playing, dumbell-lifting tenant, who is sub-letting the place, wakes up
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Registered Users Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

stevek93 wrote: »

Has to be.

Between the dodgy email, being described as both 1- and 2-bedroom, and the price - definitely a lot not right with it.

Wonder what the scam is, though? Collect a load of deposits off people and disappear? Or have they got more sophisticated than that these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Has to be.

Between the dodgy email, being described as both 1- and 2-bedroom, and the price - definitely a lot not right with it.

Wonder what the scam is, though? Collect a load of deposits off people and disappear? Or have they got more sophisticated than that these days?

How would that work collecting deposit, you would have to visit the apartment?

• Advertisement

stevek93 wrote: »
    How would that work collecting deposit, you would have to visit the apartment?

I think they used to rent the apartment themselves, set a load of people up with appointments for a couple of days and get them to pay a deposit on the spot, and then vamoose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

And it's been let! :O

how many times???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Or its been reported and taken down. I think that "This property has been let" notice is standard across daft once an ad is no longer active

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno if people remember the bedsit where there was a wooden bed frame above a kitchen - here is something similar - two beds above a lavatory "an unusual design". Contact Robbing Pain http://www.daft.ie/21449125
    and there are probably seven other flats like it in that building!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunno if people remember the bedsit where there was a wooden bed frame above a kitchen - here is something similar - two beds above a lavatory "an unusual design". Contact Robbing Pain http://www.daft.ie/21449125

and crying chairs sprinkled around everywhere. nice:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

It's "large spacious" too. Deceptively spacious no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Archeron

tara73 wrote: »
    and crying chairs sprinkled around everywhere. nice:p

So the collective term for crying chairs is a sprinkling?

I like that :)

Archeron wrote: »

I'd have thought that "A tear of crying chairs" would be more appropriate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

A river of crying chairs?

Cry me a river, oh, cry me a riverrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

LUAS is quite close...think he means The loos quite close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think the lava lamp between the sink and the cooker is my favourite bit - adds a bit of ambience I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

That can't be good for ventilation/damp/smelly turds.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I'd go with a 'gloom' of crying chairs.

There must be some rules or regulations regarding living space surely? Some of these places look ridiculously and unfairly tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Look at this dream house

'Excellent Location, this Flat has just come to
    the market to let in pristine condition '

Well, they certainly did an excellent job of duct taping the curtain rail together

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/iona-road-drumcondra-dublin/1443815/

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Look at this dream house

Well, they certainly did an excellent job of duct taping the curtain rail together

How short is that bed? That's a depressing room ('flat').

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Look at this dream house

Pristine! Check out the prehistoric fuseboard behind the bin, and what is spilling out over the door/mirror?! Depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

The reflection of all the mold they're trying to hide... Classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Archeron

rawn wrote: »
    The reflection of all the mold they're trying to hide... Classy!

So they photoshopped the mould out and forgot the reflection. A nice intro to your new honest landlord.

• Advertisement

So they photoshopped the mould out and forgot the reflection. A nice intro to your new honest landlord.
    I think it's more to do with that old mirror being rotten (reflective silver falling off) than mould. But it is of course an ALL expenses spared flat!
    I doubt that the agent would bother to photoshop out mould if he puts in a pucture of a broken curtain pole. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement