Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

A couple who turn the turf in the summer! :pac:

In the park out the back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just saw this posted on broadsheet.ie :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/pearse-street-dublin-2-dublin/773190/
    Property Description:
    Please note:
    - This room is available to STUDENT only.
    - This room will not be available until 07 August 2014

I am looking for 1 person ---STUDENT only (with a simply life)---to share a 2 bed-room (1 single and 1 double) apartment with me. The double room is the room to let. In another word, this room is to be let to 1 person only as a single room (1 high quality single bed is provided).

Exception for Korean girls: Alternatively, I would also like to accept 2 Korean girls; if they are willing to take this room and share it with each other (2 high quality single beds will be provided). The details need to be discussed further.

Some of the rules...
    11. Student only with a simply life
    13. party is not allowed
    15. no one else is allowed to stay over the night in this double room except the sharer self
    About myself:
    - I am a Chinese male professional, currently is living in the single room.
    - I am away from home (working) from 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
    - I do not either smoke or drink.
    - I never have parties.
    - I am a quiet, tidy and clean person; strictly require the shared places are kept neatly and cleanly at all the time.

Creepy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Run, Korean girls, RUN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That is super creepy! When I first read it I thought 'ok, it's obviously a Korean girl who would be open to sharing with 2 other Korean girls for company, maybe she's homesick'... nope, Chinese man :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

There's hidden cameras all over that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

dee_mc wrote: »
    That is super creepy! When I first read it I thought 'ok, it's obviously a Korean girl who would be open to sharing with 2 other Korean girls for company, maybe she's homesick'... nope, Chinese man :(

Ha forgot to add that bit in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ha forgot to add that bit in :D

It added to the whole experience :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

I'm going to ring him for the craic!

Edit - no number provided, damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Slightly off topic, but there are a few students in Manchester who will not be getting their deposits back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2670778/Students-accused-trashing-property-Manchester-furious-landlord-didnt-think-bit-risky.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Slightly off topic, but there are a few students in Manchester who will not be getting their deposits back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2670778/Students-accused-trashing-property-Manchester-furious-landlord-didnt-think-bit-risky.html

How could they even live in that filth?

Rich mammy and daddy will sort it out im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

And that my friends is why education is bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    And that my friends is why education is bad....

:eek:

I've seen homeless squats and junkie shooting galleries that were more hygenic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A room in a house in The Mun for €560 a month.

Just move out of Dublin at that stage.

It's not in the mun, that be finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Sharing with two young professional males who are banter kings and enjoy activities such as 5-a-side soccer, going to the beach/lake, pumping the guns in the gym, BBQs and going for pints.

I bet they do little, if any, of this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Do you want to be part of the Wolf Pack?"

Jesus, what a pair of bell ends. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

"Pair of insufferable dickheads seek room mate"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Would suit young outgoing professional that may be partial to a few pinteens on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night."

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz2xu1fs0u1qgj4zoo2_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

yawhat! wrote: »
    I'm going to ring him for the craic!

Edit - no number provided, damn

sowwy, no cwack arrowed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pinteens. Tossers.

On another note, this place is really maximising every inch it has

http://touch.daft.ie/lettings/near-fassaugh-avenue-cabra-dublin/1455359/

The worlds tiniest kitchen sink, a wardrobe packed in to just give you enough space to open the door, and a tv in the corner of the ceiling.

Also, the sad realisation that the photographer prob took all those pics standing in the same position, just moved some stuff around to change them slightly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

retalivity wrote: »
    Pinteens. Tossers.

The worlds tiniest kitchen sink, a wardrobe packed in to just give you enough space to open the door, and a tv in the corner of the ceiling.

Also, the sad realisation that the photographer prib took all those pics standing in the same position, just moved some stuff aroind

I would be tempted to go for a viewing and then ask how do I was dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Dishes? You eat the pot noodles directly from the tub. You can save the soy sauce packets by flavouring it with your tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Pair of insufferable dickheads seek room mate"

Just looked at it again "Banter Kings?" Sounds like Jack Whitehall's character in Fresh Meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Pinteens. Tossers.

Also, the sad realisation that the photographer prib took all those pics standing in the same position, just moved some stuff aroind

I do like the touch of changing the cover on the sofa-bed between pic 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

blackwhite wrote: »

And the tiny tv high up on the wall to make it really feel like it's a prison cell - only not as roomy.

blackwhite wrote: »

And is that a 4-inch TV hanging over the window?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pinteens. Tossers.

Photo 1,2,4 & 9 show the same area(?) with fold down bed (2 different covers) same picture on wall, corridor to right and slightly different radiators in photos 1 & 2 - does this mean there are more than one of these bijou spaces available to rent or is there some mad wreck your head thing going on??

Photo 3 - I note the 'kitchen' is actually contained in one of the two 'cupboards' - in phot 6. In kitchen photo note folding doors either side.

What is the tall silver item sticking out into the corridor in photos 2,4 & 9?
    There appears to be another one beside the patio door in photo 7....they look v odd.

They also state this is a bedsit but it is stated to be en suite - ok so which cupboard contains the toilet/shower/sink?

If I remember correctly 'bedsits' are no longer legal with shared facilities - a picture of the ensuite would be useful....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Pinteens. Tossers.

Ah yes nice suicide box there,

You really know you have made it in life when you are living in a place like that,It shouldnt be legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Ah yes nice suicide box there,

You really know you have made it in life when you are living in a place like,It shouldnt be legal.

If it doesn't have an ensuite then it's not but it says it does???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

gozunda wrote: »
    Photo 1,2,4 & 9 show the same area(?) with fold down bed (2 different covers) same picture on wall, corridor to right and slightly different radiators in photos 1 & 2 - does this mean there are more than one of these bijou spaces available to rent or is there some mad wreck your head thing going on??

Photo 3 - I note the 'kitchen' is actually contained in one of the two 'cupboards' - in phot 6. In kitchen photo note folding doors either side.

What is the tall silver item sticking out into the corridor in photos 2,4 & 9?

They also state this is a bedsit but it is stated to be en suite - ok so which cupboard contains the toilet/shower/sink?

If I remember correctly 'bedsits' are no longer legal with shared facilities - a picture of the ensuite would be useful....

I argee there the couch and the bed are one in the same. I think that pattio door is opposite the sofabed. So you would have to sit there and stare at the pattio door to watch tv and strain your neck if you wanted to watch it in bed.

Heres an even funner one http://www.daft.ie/lettings/43-clarinda-park-east-dun-laoghaire-dublin/1454685/

Love the way the you have to move the bed which doubles as your sofa to open and close the fridge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement