Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I don't get it...what's wrong with that?

Would you send all your details, and go see a place where nobody else has a clue where it is?

Ehhh Alarm bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Would you send all your details, and go see a place where nobody else has a clue where it is?

Ehhh Alarm bells?

Maybe he is on Holiday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Well having a shower after sex would be easy enough ...

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/newcastle-road-newcastle-galway/1455530/

The price of some of those "apartments" in Galway are ridiculous. For only €90 more a month were renting a four bedroom house which is closer to both the city center and NUIG. You really have to wonder how desperate people are if they'd live in a place like that. If it was €60 a week then maybe but for €650 you can almost get a house to rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

WWN has it right again
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/07/11/wwns-guide-to-renting-in-dublin/

Some advice for everyone
    1. Lower your expectations. Now lower them again. Several times in fact. Let’s get real here, you are scum of the earth and are not worthy of a hospitable and habitable abode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

8. “I don’t want my friends seeing me like this”. Don’t be silly everything can be explained when you tell your’re a hipster. Mold on the curtain your landlord refuses to replace? Hipster. The fridge doesn’t work. Hipster. The corpse in the attic is beginning to smell. Hipster!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Jake1 wrote: »

It's known as 'the throne' for a reason. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's a lovely house and I can't get over the amount of effort they have put into getting to the "throne". Why oh why couldn't they have put it elsewhere? I'm actually speechless after seeing that?!?

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's a lovely house and I can't get over the amount of effort they have put into getting to the "throne". Why oh why couldn't they have put it elsewhere? I'm actually speechless after seeing that?!?

I was too. Ive been sitting here all evening looking and lovely country cottages and then this :)

strange one, maybe they were trying to be funny.

• Advertisement

Bathroom 2.81 x 2.23 Raised throne style W.C. Tiled floor, Electric shower. High pine panelled ceiling

Looking at first I thought that was the kitchen - it's a bathroom with the washing machine strategically placed to the side... I wonder why it had to be elevated - maybe the fall to the 'shared septic tank' was not great :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Even with the ridiculous toilet and the terrible BER rating, I can't help but love the place!

But yeah, think of the climb after a night out, or the fall afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I love that toilet!!! It's brilliant- exactly the kind of 'why did they do that?!!' factor I'd build into my house if I ever build it :D

we really should have a 'Fantastic property' thread. Ive seen some amazing homes for great prices out west.

I love that toilet!!! It's brilliant- exactly the kind of 'why did they do that?!!' factor I'd build into my house if I ever build it :D
    Ya it's exactly the kind of thing I miss in the kitchen when I have guests over and they say "where is the toilet?". Instead of them having to leave the room, it would be much easier to continue the conversation if they could just move up a few steps to do their business, while I continue to stir the stew......

Ya it's exactly the kind of thing I miss in the kitchen when I have guests over and they say "where is the toilet?". Instead of them having to leave the room, it would be much easier to continue the conversation if they could just move up a few steps to do their business, while I continue to stir the stew......

See above - it's not the kitchen. It's a bathroom with a washing machine and hand washing basin to the side....

Rose%20Cottage,%20Kylebrack,%20Loughrea,%20Co.%20Galway%2013_l.jpg

gozunda wrote: »
    See above - it's not the kitchen. It's a bathroom with a washing machine to the side....
    You're right. After a quick glance I saw a counter, sink, kettle (actually a jug) and assumed it was the kitchen. It's still icky though. The rest of the house is lovely but I couldn't imagine anyone but the occupants of the house using this, and it would still take some getting used to. I've lived in my own apartment for nearly two years but I still close the bathroom door when I'm using it, even though I'm the only one there. I know I don't have to but social norms seem to be ingrained in me! I'm not sure if I would be comfortable doing my business in such an open space, where not only do you feel exposed but what about the smell? :eek:

You're right. After a quick glance I saw a counter, sink, kettle (actually a jug) and assumed it was the kitchen. It's still icky though. The rest of the house is lovely but I couldn't imagine anyone but the occupants of the house using this, and it would still take some getting used to. I've lived in my own apartment for nearly two years but I still close the bathroom door when I'm using it, even though I'm the only one there. I know I don't have to but social norms seem to be ingrained in me! I'm not sure if I would be comfortable doing my business in such an open space, where not only do you feel exposed but what about the smell? :eek:

Lol I did the same on the first pass but I don't think it is that big
    Bathroom 2.81 x 2.23 Raised throne style W.C. Tiled floor, Electric shower. High pine panelled ceiling

That's in metres - so def not that big. I can only presume that the design of Toilet throne was either for a very tall bloke or they have problems with the outflow? Either way it's fairly unique alright ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Galway has a "vibrant Latin quarter"? I lived in the city for 6 years and never noticed :confused:

we really should have a 'Fantastic property' thread. Ive seen some amazing homes for great prices out west.
    I know, 95k for the toilet throne house! I could have that right now and instead I live in a mouldy attic room in a dirty house with 4 other people, feel like I'm wasting my life sometimes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

No pics with this one unfortunately but still funny, a mobile home with your own pre pay electricity metre! €525 a month which is a steal really cos they were asking for €600!

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/swords-swords-dublin/1449404/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Thargor wrote: »
    Galway has a "vibrant Latin quarter"? I lived in the city for 6 years and never noticed :confused:

High Street, Quay Street, Kirwan's Lane, etc.

The Latin Quarter is how that area is generally referred to and, to be fair, it is usually pretty busy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I know, 95k for the toilet throne house! I could have that right now and instead I live in a mouldy attic room in a dirty house with 4 other people, feel like I'm wasting my life sometimes :(
    Don't feel too bad - check out the bedroom. If you sit up in the bed too quickly you'll hit your head off the ceiling ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

No pics with this one unfortunately but still funny, a mobile home with your own pre pay electricity metre! €525 a month which is a steal really cos they were asking for €600!

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/swords-swords-dublin/1449404/

Imagine a young couple living in a caravan in some strangers garden...even if free! And paying 525 a month for the privilege!? Go on out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

You could always email the owner and ask where it is. :)

I know the feeling. I was thinking if I had money Id buy a cottage or bungalow in the west and ride the "Surf' trend :) Live simply, do B&B for the sufers, raise chickens, grow veg. rent out camping space. Just make enough to live off.

Some beautiful properties very close to beaches to for about 120G. Around Doolin.

I know the feeling. I was thinking if I had money Id buy a cottage or bungalow in the west and ride the "Surf' trend :) Live simply, do B&B for the sufers, raise chickens, grow veg. rent out camping space. Just make enough to live off.

Some beautiful properties very close to beaches to for about 120G. Around Doolin.
    Dont forget you could be drawing the dole at the same time aswell...

Dont forget you could be drawing the dole at the same time aswell...

Sometimes it seems to me, that living in Dublin especially, you just live to pay bills. I think Id rather less money, and less stress.

:(

KungPao wrote: »
    Imagine a young couple living in a caravan in some strangers garden...even if free! And paying 525 a month for the privilege!? Go on out of that.

I have a lovely self contained tent at the side of the house that I am looking to rent out. Lovely neighbours. All electric (battery) lights etc. parking anywhere on the field. It's a bit knocked about but it would make a lovely place for a single person or a couple as long as they don't mind sharing. Rent allowance not allowed. How's €400 a month sound ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

To be fair, there was a trend at one stage of doing up decent mobile homes as granny flats. I've been in a few, and they were nice and comfy (they'd added insulation, put in proper windows, that kind of thing), and larger than some of the places I've rented in Dublin. They're not awwwful a one bed if they're done properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement