Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

gozunda wrote: »
    I have a lovely self contained tent at the side of the house that I am looking to rent out. Lovely neighbours. All electric (battery) lights etc. parking anywhere on the field. It's a bit knocked about but it would make a lovely place for a single person or a couple as long as they don't mind sharing. Rent allowance not allowed. How's €400 a month sound ;)

SOLD!! When can I move in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

SOLD!! When can I move in? :D

Grand did I mention the views? :D

camping-tent_1427363c.jpg

Grand did I mention the views? :D

Wave-Crest-Co.-Kerry-2-1024x592.jpg

Does he come with the view? I could use one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have a lovely self contained tent at the side of the house that I am looking to rent out. Lovely neighbours. All electric (battery) lights etc. parking anywhere on the field. It's a bit knocked about but it would make a lovely place for a single person or a couple as long as they don't mind sharing. Rent allowance not allowed. How's €400 a month sound ;)

You're underselling it.

Don't forget the "easy to maintain", Air-con, & "be at one with nature"

Does he come with the view? I could use one. :D

It comes with a slightly different one (see below) and lovely 'fresh' 80 Km/h winds - oh I forgot the resident flock of seagulls but they shouldn't be a problem if you keep a few lollipops handy ;)

Please note - the first photo is of my gaff. - the second photo shows the tent for rent with special 'wind deflector'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It does indeed and lovely 'fresh' 80 Km/h winds - oh I forgot the resident flock of seagulls but they shouldn't be a problem if you keep a few lollipops handy ;)

Please note - the first photo is of my gaff. - the second photo shows the tent for rent with special 'wind deflector'

You definitely are under selling it look at that spa and water feature.

It comes with a slightly different one (see below) and lovely 'fresh' 80 Km/h winds - oh I forgot the resident flock of seagulls but they shouldn't be a problem if you keep a few lollipops handy ;)

Where is the link for the photo?

Where is the link for the photo?

See the photo in your reply and the original post. - The original post was edited to show the rent a tent!

See the photo in your reply and the original post. - The original post was edited to show the rent a tent!

12 month lease?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Jake1 wrote: »
    Sometimes it seems to me, that living in Dublin especially, you just live to pay bills. I think Id rather less money, and less stress.

:(

That's capitalism.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

john.han wrote: »
    How dare you. It's a chalet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

With crying chairs a plenty. Huzzah.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miss.Mayhem

Ever wanted to live in a garden shed?

daft.ie/lettings/sandyhill-way-ballymun-dublin/1467634/

Holy f**k! That can't be legal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

That bed looks about 3 foot Long...at least you have the spare chair for your feet

That bed looks about 3 foot Long...at least you have the spare chair for your feet

I don't think that bed is even a single bed. It looks more like a toddler bed!

120 a week for a poxy shed in Ballymun????

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

More than my mortgage per month and it's literally a garden shed in the 'Mun.

Welcome to Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Rent allowance not accepted so they expect someone working to go back to a shed at the end of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Hey it's only "15mins from city centre". Not sure what time of day/transportation they used to test that one...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Custardpi wrote: »
    Hey it's only "15mins from city centre". Not sure what time of day/transportation they used to test that one...

You use a ride-on lawnmower that's usually stored in the jax to get into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Seriously thought that can't be legal can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Rent allowance not accepted so they expect someone working to go back to a shed at the end of the day?

Just as well, i can't be as depressing as being unemployed and broke and spending all that free time in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Jake1 wrote: »
    120 a week for a poxy shed in Ballymun????

:rolleyes:

But look, bill included! So I assume there's wifi and sky in the shed , so ud be sorted!

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Seriously thought that can't be legal can it?

According to Land Law, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

A lot of Indians are doing that in London, but the Units are smaller and the rent is a lot more

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just going back to the toilet throne cottage for a moment, that EA has a lot of "alternative" or "green" properties on his books and when I saw that toilet raised on the platform, I immediately presumed it was one of these:

http://weblife.org/humanure/images/fig6_4.jpg

A composting toilet. So if you thought sitting at height was the worst of it...

Interestingly, the washing machine in the toilet is a standard feature in many countries. I understand that some people would consider the idea of a washing machine in the kitchen as extremely unhygienic and would be shocked to see a standard Irish layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I know of an Irish couple with a composting toilet, and I've used it- I think they're deadly :D Definitely an option for me personally if I build a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

http://www.daft.ie/sales/main-street-coolaney-sligo/430799/

This house has everything; Happy strangers doing things, dirt, a crying chair, and a complimentary copy of a random persons Photoshop certificate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

http://www.daft.ie/sales/main-street-coolaney-sligo/430799/

This house has everything; Happy strangers doing things, dirt, a crying chair, and a complimentary copy of a random persons Photoshop certificate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement