Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,821 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What are they going to do if you break the rules?

"You have been evicted for having a steak".

Sounds like the people living there are part of some sort of scientific experiment on the behaviours of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I couldn't live in that house, just look at all the MDF furniture,can you imagine the fumes? and all those electrical appliances, generating cancer causing electromagnetic fields. If you want to be proper alternative, these things count.
    They are fake. They should move to a wilderness and gather their own fuel that's muscle therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

ArtyC wrote: »
    We should start up a fund and send someone in for a few months to report back...

Honestly, were it not for the whole "no animal produce" rule, I would seriously try it out as a challenge to myself, though I would probably fall over laughing after 5 minutes with these people. If I could stand the stench of pretentiousness that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What I cannot get over is the rules in Photo 7.

"Breathe natural air" - as opposed to what?

Eat only natural food (Fruit/Vegetables/Plants and Tree Food) - off to Woodies to get the dinner there.

Live during the daylight hours - Clearly these people don't work, since daylight hours change during the year, and what are you supposed to do after 4pm in December for yourself?

"No Toxic Air Sprays" - I assume that means deodorants, I sense there is a stench of BO there that would knock an elephant.

And no swearing. Fúck that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    If I could stand the stench of pretentiousness that is.

And patchouli oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Toots wrote: »
    This place again!? They must be looking for new housemates every couple of months....I can't understand how it might not work out living with them!

I wouldnt rule out cannibalism as a reason for the rooms vacancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wasn't that house in Wicklow not so long ago instead of Shankhill? Same magic space-ionizer box on the water tap, same muscle healing communal crap in the description?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thargor wrote: »
    Wasn't that house in Wicklow not so long ago instead of Shankhill? Same magic space-ionizer box on the water tap, same muscle healing communal crap in the description?

And don't forget that most ecological of all inventions - the Microwave! :rolleyes: - see photo stream #12

http://touch.daft.ie/imagebrowser.daft?type=sharing&id=759943

gozunda wrote: »
    And don't forget that most ecological of all inventions - the Microwave! :rolleyes: - see photo stream #12

http://touch.daft.ie/imagebrowser.daft?type=sharing&id=759943

A microwave is required by law in rental property.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And they are ridiculously energy efficient compared to cooking food in a conventional oven/hob.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    And they are ridiculously energy efficient compared to cooking food in a conventional oven/hob.

But not really a nominated 'ecological' cooking method now is it?

Some fairly typical 'blurb' on the 'dangers' of microwaves ;)

From the Global Healing Centre ...

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/health-hazards-to-know-about/microwave-ovens-the-proven-dangers

I'm surprised that those using a water ioniser or whatever -are happy with such contraptions :D

Edit: I don't 'believe' the blurb either ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

This thread was ok at one point, now it's just a place to bully people.

What's wrong with the way people chose to live, or how they decide on who they want to live with? Leave them be, they are not causing you any harm.

This mentality is disgusting to be honest.

gozunda wrote: »
    But not really a nominated 'ecological' cooking method now is it?

Some fairly typical 'blurb' on the 'dangers' of microwaves ;)

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/health-hazards-to-know-about/microwave-ovens-the-proven-dangers

I'm surprised that those using a water ioniser or whatever -are happy with such contraptions :D

"Who invented microwave ovens?
    The Nazis"

There's no way I'm taking that link seriously

• Administrators Posts: 53,821 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What's wrong with the way people chose to live, or how they decide on who they want to live with? Leave them be, they are not causing you any harm.

You live there, don't you?

The Nazis"

Bingo! That's the point!

Imo a fairly typical "blurb' put forward as an alternative reality ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The Nazis"

And what were imitation egg products?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Did you put up the advert?

The disgusting mentality is due to dodgy landlords putting up ****holes for outrageous sums of money.

And what were imitation egg products?

This :D

Square-Egg.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Custardpi wrote: »
    Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what "Mucusless Healing Technology" might be?
    The Mucusless Diet Healing System (MDHS) consists of various kinds of raw and cooked fruits, starchless vegetables and edible green leaves, to re-alkalize the body and build new blood. It uses a combination of long and short-term rational fasts, menus that progressively change to non-mucus-forming foods, and colonic irrigation.[94]

Ehret believed that by using his transition diet system, any serious practitioner could move away from mucus-forming foods to non-mucus forming foods, especially using mineral-rich organic produce. However, he recommended caution and rationality during the transition program, since too rapid detoxification could lead to various illness symptoms depending on the individual's constitutional weaknesses and approach to the system. When toxemia or mucus entered the blood circulation system too quickly or where food combining was not followed, elimination of toxins and assimilation of nutrients, could be hindered. This was later affirmed by Jethro Kloss and Henry Bieler.[95][96]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Ehret

So basically it's a house where you can't eat meat, can't eat dairy, can't swear, can't smoke, can't drink, and have to drive 30km to buy food that's approved by housemates who appear to spend their time avoiding deoderant and shoving hoses up their arses :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    You live there, don't you?

I wish, hippy sex is best sex.
    Jake1 wrote: »
    The disgusting mentality is due to dodgy landlords putting up ****holes for outrageous sums of money.

Yea, name and shame the greedy twits, not somebody who choses to live different to the norm.

For a small fee you get to share their car? That's bloody awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

You must be joking!!! It's like a lure to a cult!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I'm not sure there's many that would find that regimen alluring tbh. I think they might get more converts if they promoted the worship of beer & steaks.

Not at all. They're just alternative.

"Look at the strange people with their strange ways. Quickly, laugh at them so we feel better about ourselves".

Insecure much? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

"Look at the strange people with their strange ways. Quickly, laugh at them so we feel better about ourselves".

Insecure much? ;)

Nope quite happy, I can live with people who have their own way to live life. Whatever way they want .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Insecure much? ;)

They wont be laughing when a guy comes out with a hose to shove up their ass for some old fashioned irrigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Insecure much? ;)

I've lived in an alternative community, believe me, they are often less accepting of other people's ways than ordinary people. In fact they are quite snobbish and believe that only they have a good life style and will go out of their way to make other people feel uncomfortable. I went camping with a group and if you could have seem the drama round mealtimes, Some were vegan and went bananas if a non vegan but vegetarian meal got cooked in a pan. The pan was 'contaminated' and could never be used again for them. Also, it's funny how they worry about their diet but don't mind the drugs. I used to just go my own way and not say much, but some of the crazy beliefs and notions and some of the things I witnessed are out of this world. I believe no one will fit into this house because they will be dealing with moving goal posts and wouldn't be able to keep down a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

They're on airbnb with some additional details about living with them
    https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/2171152

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Have a sense of humour or typo?

* Fluoride and 2 other filters ( Ireland is the worst country in the world in terms of poisoning water through industrial waste fluoride, arsenic known in it find in feicboook and support with your time/money/knowledge "Girl Against Fluoride" . She seriously taking Irish government to court )

One of the perks .
    money/time as daily voting tickets,

Only the person with the "Talking ticket" can speak :confused:
    Self-Regulating
    Don't think my bowels will be well regulated with the diet they are trying to publicise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

mosi wrote: »
    They're on airbnb with some additional details about living with them
    https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/2171152
    GFCH (Gas fire central heating) switched to ecological Airtricity gas

Gas from Airtricity is still burning a fossil fuel, in fact it's the exact same gas off the national gas grid a you will get from Bord Gais/Ervia, Flogas Natural Gas, Energia, etc - do they think that because they are paying Airtricity for the service that it suddenly becomes wind-generated natural gas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement