Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Has the ad been withdrawn because of the negative reaction or because he's found someone already? If the latter, I wonder if it's a Boardsie who's taken it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

tara73 wrote: »
    omg, creepy, eccentric??? it's disgusting.

it seems the dublin housing market is heading to spheres nobody can imagine what abstruse and pervert ideas emerge next. this guy is actually looking for a prostitute who's paying him 290 € for being his prostitute..:eek::eek::eek: lost for words...

I thought it was quite a funny ad actually. I presume he's (mostly) joking. Either that or his brother found out and is currently bateing the head off him.

Still a bit dear though for a shared house in Harold's X?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I'd say it's gone due to negative action, seems to have spread quickly. Here, broadsheet and the Indo in one day it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Smidge wrote: »
    Have to say the washing machine/toilet combo gave me a good laugh.
    Thanks for that :):)

you're welcome:) my favourite is the 'wild mattresses weak with thirst'...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Another Vancouver gem for you. As seen on Facebook, so I can't provide a listing.
    [DEN for rent / Available September 20th]
    A small Den in a nice new building.
    Downtown area, Coal Harbour.
    CAD 600/month with laundry, swimming pool, gym, sauna, internet, tv and electricity all included.

CAD600 is currently about €420. Look at the room:

MqzoGm0.jpg

€420 for your little slice of heaven... Where you can't even close the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Faith wrote: »
    Another Vancouver gem for you. As seen on Facebook, so I can't provide a listing.

CAD600 is currently about €420. Look at the room:

MqzoGm0.jpg

€420 for your little slice of heaven... Where you can't even close the door.
    Laundry, swimming pool, gym, sauna, internet, tv and electricity all included
    €420 for no bills + Gym? Sorry but Id be in there in a second if you could get that over here anywhere near Dublin :eek:

You should have put that in Bargain Alerts not Funny Houses/Flats!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I thought it was quite a funny ad actually. I presume he's (mostly) joking. Either that or his brother found out and is currently bateing the head off him.

Still a bit dear though for a shared house in Harold's X?

Did other people just stop at the underlined bit? The last paragraph made it really clear it was just a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Did other people just stop at the underlined bit? The last paragraph made it really clear it was just a joke...

Well, did you get any takers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

This one caught my eye...

Seems just a little too good to be true?

I never been to Clara but I don't remember seeing any scenery like that in the Midlands...

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/9-st-patricks-terrace-clara-offaly/783952/

Map view shows it on an island in a lake aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Thargor wrote: »
    Map view shows it on an island in a lake aswell.

If you google the address, the map view just shows a pond at the edge of the town this is in.

I am afraid this is the actual house.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

Nomis21 wrote: »
    This one caught my eye...

Seems just a little too good to be true?

I never been to Clara but I don't remember seeing any scenery like that in the Midlands...

http://www.daft.ie/sharing/9-st-patricks-terrace-clara-offaly/783952/

Aw gone already:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Fluxfan wrote: »
    Aw gone already:mad:

We need a rule of posts to include saved screenshots!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I read the whole lot of it and there's no two ways about it.
    The ad was serious.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thargor wrote: »
    €420 for no bills + Gym? Sorry but Id be in there in a second if you could get that over here anywhere near Dublin :eek:

You should have put that in Bargain Alerts not Funny Houses/Flats!

Did you look at the picture? The room was about 6' x 4' and you couldn't even close the door. It is a closet, basically.

I can't imagine things are quite so bad in Dublin that you'd jump at the chance of renting a doorless, windowless closet for €420!

So just sleep in there and use the apartment for everything else, its a good deal for the people its aimed at, Id be staying there until I found my feet if I was moving to Vancouver anyway with those extras, no bills=free heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

as to who would pay 380 to share a room, I don't know. and what does 'view visits welcome' mean? you're welcome to come view it? am, what else would people to coming to do :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Gongoozler wrote: »
    as to who would pay 380 to share a room, I don't know. and what does 'view visits welcome' mean? you're welcome to come view it? am, what else would people to coming to do :confused:

Personally I like how s/he helpfully tells us what less than 3 months might mean ("for example 1 month or 2 months").

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

It would be like living in a multiple choice questionnaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It would be like living in a multiple choice questionnaire.

Ha ha, brilliant! At least the mattresses look brand new. Some of these apartment letters have no shame in baring their piss/ sweat/ blood soaked bedding to the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Condensation on bedsit window. Cheap though
    http://www.daft.ie/21483624

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

snubbleste wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/21483624

it's the tears of former tenants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

snubbleste wrote: »

For the monthly rent that doesn't look too bad. Would be good for someone just arriving in Ireland to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You would not want to be pegging it down the stairs in the apartment, you'd do yourself a mischief! :pac:
    http://www.daft.ie/lettings/victoria-street-portobello-dublin/1486996/#img=7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Panthro wrote: »
    You would not want to be pegging it down the stairs in the apartment, you'd do yourself a mischief! :pac:
    http://www.daft.ie/lettings/victoria-street-portobello-dublin/1486996/#img=7

So many stubbed toes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

wouldn't want to be too wide a person either...

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Check out pictures 7 and 12.

Is that really the living room of a €660,000 house?!

http://www.myhome.ie/2918954

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

page not found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Fixed now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement