Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Custardpi wrote: »
    Are arrangements like this subject to FSAI inspections?

Of course not, artistic cooks are outside the remit of the Food Safety Authority!

batman-slap-header.jpg

Seriously though so many questions. If you don't partake in the candlelit dinner and just want a dirty takeaway, can you take it home with you? Will they allow you to use Radek's cups to drink store-bought drinks if its not part of their meals? Where the hell are the jets in the 'Jacuzzi bath'??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Jesus they're charging €1,099 p/m for a tiny little room for ONE person, and an additional €19 a night for a second guest so for two people to stay there for a month it would be €1,669! That includes continental breakfast, but you have to contribute to electricity. What a rip off!

This is shocking, I think this is one of the worst ones we've had here for chancer landlords. They make the house out to be a show house, antique gallery, have a library, jacuzzi , on an island, and you can "live like a local" :confused: However, you only have a "day bed" in your "snug little guest room"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

emzolita wrote: »
    This is shocking, I think this is one of the worst ones we've had here for chancer landlords. They make the house out to be a show house, antique gallery, have a library, jacuzzi , on an island, and you can "live like a local" :confused: However, you only have a "day bed" in your "snug little guest room"

I disagree. Okay, they should be advertsing on airbnb, not daft, but that is a good price for short stays. And I know that development well, and it is pretty stunning. This isnt a room share for a grand....its an airbnb deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Currently looking for a house to rent and I swear I'm almost reduced to tears and hysterics ... There's nothing and what there is, is horribly overpriced for what they are!

ahhhhh I hate being a grown up :(

This thread normally makes me laught now it's just giving me a sinkimg feeling of dispar that I might end up in one of them ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

You'll be fine. House hunting is just like dating for most people. You learn to lower your standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

retalivity wrote: »

Seriously though so many questions. If you don't partake in the candlelit dinner and just want a dirty takeaway, can you take it home with you? Will they allow you to use Radek's cups to drink store-bought drinks if its not part of their meals? Where the hell are the jets in the 'Jacuzzi bath'??

haha, this is hilarious, exactly my thoughts.

retalivity wrote: »
    Where the hell are the jets in the 'Jacuzzi bath'??
    Bathe after the "bean surprise" meal. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Jake1 wrote: »

Are you F'ing joking? Its a pig sty

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh yeah that's been up before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

blackwhite wrote: »
    Pic 15

"Your hosts Alice and Radek having breakfast from Radek's tea cups"

No debating who gets the cups if/when they split :pac:

I know these folks! They were on Nationwide a few weeks ago!

Radeks teacups, as in that is his trade. He made them. He's a potter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Are you F'ing joking? Its a pig sty

Ha ha. I was expecting it to be messy. It is literally a converted pig sty. What the actual F**k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

not bad, i'd actually live in that.:o:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have, without doubt, lived in worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

amdublin wrote: »
    I know these folks! They were on Nationwide a few weeks ago!

Radeks teacups, as in that is his trade. He made them. He's a potter!

oh no, so I guess next thing they'll charge a celebrity fee for renting their gaff...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

photo 1 reminds me of the film A Clockwork Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

what the fu~~ is that green fence like thing in the bedroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Could be great if you were an aspiring ballerina or whatever the male equivalent is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

gjc wrote: »
    what the fu~~ is that green fence like thing in the bedroom

I think it's a trough! Here's the previous discussion on The Piggery. Some place alright! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93140504&postcount=4648

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Could be great if you were an aspiring ballerina or whatever the male equivalent is.

A fairy

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Chiorino wrote: »
    Christ, who still actually lives like that.

Somebody old and lonely and forgotten, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

the views are stunning in fairness. well out of my league:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

There's so much empty property round Kenmare, it's frightening. I suppose they are aiming at the overseas market.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

There's so much empty property round Kenmare, it's frightening. I suppose they are aiming at the overseas market.

Any empty during the summer months, and the owner lives abroad by any chance, lovely part of the world.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

http://www.daft.ie/sales/167-cooley-road-drimnagh-dublin/1028683/

The crying chair has pride of place, photo 11...the new buyers might be lucky enough to keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Along with a free David Attenborough in both front and back gardens:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Babyboy09

Sometimes I have to take my hat off to the plucky estate agent who is intrepid/crazy enough to step inside these houses to photograph them.

Not for all the tea in china would I step foot in here.

daft.ie/11013771 (not able to post links because I'm too new. :-)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Yes, but fantastic property. Great exterior and I love the triple floor-to-ceiling windows in the lounge, with lounge chair.

So much 1970s architecture in Ireland is BBB: bland boxy bungalows.

The people who built that house had real imagination.

I bet they had a lot of fondue, too.

Can't believe I spend the same amount renting my much smaller apartment. I'd nearly commute to live there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement