Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Jet Black wrote: »
    "Charming split level terraced red brick cottage with rear excess awaits you"

Yeah, in my nightmares. The blood covered head really brings the room together..

http://omg.wthax.org/7cPXvM.png

Link

That looks like a squat

When I was young, people who dealt in proprty were auctioneers & valuers. During the Tiger, they were "estate agents". Now they're all "property consultants".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Yeah, in my nightmares. The blood covered head really brings the room together..

Link

Those are the best photos they could take? :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Link

That rug really tied the room together, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

Link

Amongst the main features listed is - "Hallway: Light fitting" :(

Also:
    - All light fittings included
    - All blinds included
    - All kitchen appliances included

Surely this is a bad thing as you'll have to rent a skip to get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's 'sale agreed'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Paul G Grimes brings you a bungalow murder scene
    Viewings on 1 April
    Bargain
    http://www.daft.ie/11041679

snubbleste wrote: »
    Viewings on 1 April
    Bargain
    How could you sleep in the same bedroom, knowing it happened there? :eek:

would the vendor be Joe O'Reilly himself, I wonder? Or is it his dead wife's estate now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

How could you sleep in the same bedroom, knowing it happened there? :eek:

would the vendor be Joe O'Reilly himself, I wonder? Or is it his dead wife's estate now?

Wouldn't bother me to be honest. You never really know what's gone on in a house over the years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wouldn't bother me to be honest. You never really know what's gone on in a house over the years.

In this case though, you do know. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

But it's only €125k. etc etc

Das Kitty wrote: »

Meh, was a domestic murder. Happens unfortunately. No disrespect intended to the poor dead woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Meh, was a domestic murder. Happens unfortunately. No disrespect intended to the poor dead woman.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ratmouse wrote: »
    ??

The house didnt murder anyone (I assume is where he was going)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Viewings on 1 April
    Bargain

that is unreal. who on earth is buying this???

they could only hope for some poor person or couple who doesn't know about the story and then they'll find out after the deal...imagine...

??

!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

!!

I'll admit, I laughed. I deserved that response! Domestic murder or otherwise, I personally would feel the house would have a strange sense to it.

I'll admit, I laughed. I deserved that response! Domestic murder or otherwise, I personally would feel the house would have a strange sense to it.

I know what you mean and do understand where people are coming from. That said I'd hate to think about all the dodgy stuff that has gone on in a house over the years. I know with this one you know specifically.

Hence the good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

tara73 wrote: »

they could only hope for some poor person or couple who doesn't know about the story and then they'll find out after the deal...imagine...

There's a house near me where a woman and child were taken out of it and killed. Awful. The whole area is immensely effected by it still and the house was let go to rack and ruin until a young couple with kids bought it, did it up and made it their own. I can honestly say that the loving feeling in that house now (they actually moved on and another young family bought it since) is amazing and both families knew the history.

I don't believe in spirits personally, and can't quite get with places "having memories/left over presences" thing...but I have been in other homes where I couldn't pinpoint my uncomfortable feeling. Not that house though. I reckon if you can walk in somewhere and knowing what you know about it, still make it your own, then it can't be a bad place. There's many bad people, but I don't think there's as many bad places.

My aunt lives in flats that used to be a mental hospital. No vibe there either, for me anyway....
    There must be lots of homes where awful stuff went on in the past, but like another poster said, the house didn't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dunno but I know who can sell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Correct. Hence the viewing scheduled for April 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Das Kitty wrote: »

I rented a house an old woman was (violently) murdered in. Her blood was still on the carpet and wallpaper. I asked the landlord to redecorate. He gave me €700 to do it... I put it in my pocket and wore shoes on the 'bad patch' of carpet.

A practical person wouldn't (didn't) care. Loads of people have probably died in your bedroom, maybe even a good few births.

#thatslife

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

househero wrote: »
    I rented a house an old woman was (violently) murdered in. Her blood was still on the carpet and wallpaper. I asked the landlord to redecorate. He gave me €700 to do it... I put it in my pocket and wore shoes on the 'bad patch' of carpet.

A practical person wouldn't (didn't) care. Loads of people have probably died in your bedroom, maybe even a good few births.

#thatstheft

How did you explain the lack of redecoration?

dmc17 wrote: »
    How did you explain the lack of redecoration?
    He probably didn't.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

#thatslife

Knowing the stink of stale human blood, I can guarantee you got no action while you lived there.

Unless someone came in to my bedroom to die while I was on holiday, you're wrong on the second count. A couple of babies were made in there though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Viewings on 1 April
    Bargain
    The property is in need of modernization and upgrading.
    They forgot to put 'exorcism' on that list :eek:

Belief in the supernatural aside, I don't think I'd ever rest easy knowing what happened there.

A practical person wouldn't (didn't) care.
    Practicality around the house means: replacing shingles, preferring potted plants over cut bouquets, and using that spare bit of land for keeping bees or vegetables.

Not 'retaining the human-blood-spattered wallpaper of a murder scene', choosing to pocket the redecoration fund.

Stingiest person thread, thataway
    >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

#thatslife

#thathappened

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement