Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Muhammad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fancy living in a shed with gardens in their "natural state"?

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/One-bed-cottage-Carrigacurra-Valleymount-Blessington-Co-Wicklow/1549355/#img=1

And I thought it was illegal to have a toilet beside the kitchen? http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/3a-Main-St-Blessington-Co-Wicklow/1547285/#img=12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

fussyonion wrote: »

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/One-bed-cottage-Carrigacurra-Valleymount-Blessington-Co-Wicklow/1549355/#img=1

And have a yaba daba doo time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Why illegal? It is close to the kitchen, but can't see anything illegal there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

matchthis wrote: »

And have a yaba daba doo time!

That was my thought, exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It is if the toilet is directly opening in to the kitchen, but in this case the toilet is actually just off the utility room, so it's grand. The way that picture is taken makes it look like it's opening into the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

More man cave in the back of someones garden. Nice double bed. Strangely no couples.
    Could understand no couples in a house share but in a rental.
    Maybe not a typical one for this thread, but the no couples is frankly weird. Not a typical shoebox. It is prolly bigger than places I have shared as a couple.
    http://www.daft.ie/lettings/village-leixlip-kildare/1548962/

More man cave in the back of someones garden. Nice double bed. Strangely no couples.
    Maybe not a typical one for this thread, but the no couples is frankly weird. Not a typical shoebox. It is prolly bigger than places I have shared as a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Where's the kitchenette? is it the microwave?

...a combined sitting, dining and kitchenette area.

I don't see a kitchenette. Is the bar suppose to be the kitchenette? Is there a sink behind there? It says there is a microwave, is that all? :confused:

Edited: Yellowlabradour, I swear I didn't your post a second ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

and again a ridiculously photoshop stretched pic to make it look 'bigger' (the bathroom btw).
    can't people get that this stretching is only giving an insight in their manipulative attitude and one just wonders where else this attitude is applied...:eek:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

tara73 wrote: »
    and again a ridiculously photoshop stretched pic to make it look 'bigger' (the bathroom btw).
    can't people get that this stretching is only giving an insight in their manipulative attitude and one just wonders where else this attitude is applied...:eek:

Maybe it's a special toilet for people with huge arses?

Bathroom pic gives it away for sure. Some others give the game away long before, you get to the bathroom. A fridge that is wider than it is tall for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Every estate agent does that too. Either that or everyone in Ireland owns a 21:9 ratio cinemascope widescreen telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Calibos wrote: »
    Every estate agent does that too. Either that or everyone in Ireland owns a 21:9 ratio cinemascope widescreen telly.

no, not every esatate agent stretches his pics with photoshop to a ridiculous level.
    I'm afraid you havn't noticed yet the difference between this photoshoped stretched pics and a professional pic shot with a wide angel lens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

cast_iron wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/57-castlegate-apartments-castle-street-dublin-2-dublin/815766/

- No men
    - You can stay 4 months or 12+months only
    - No alcohol allowed
    - No parties
    - No men between 11pm and 8am
    - No pork (you must go outside on the street to eat it)
    - No living area - eat in your bedroom!
    - The UPC will be gone when you move in
    - The study table and chair will probably be gone when you move in (So you can't even cry on the chair)
    - The electric bill is outrageous - if you DON'T use the heating

Yet apparently it's perfect for a student! Student life must have changed a lot since I was in college.

That's the funniest ad I saw in a long time

You'll have no keys because it's a 2 person flat.
    You'll have no living room because it is now your bedroom :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

That ad is still up? What a surprise. It sounds like such a fun place to live.

cast_iron wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/57-castlegate-apartments-castle-street-dublin-2-dublin/815766/

- No men
    - You can stay 4 months or 12+months only
    - No alcohol allowed
    - No parties
    - No men between 11pm and 8am
    - No pork (you must go outside on the street to eat it)
    - No living area - eat in your bedroom!
    - The UPC will be gone when you move in
    - The study table and chair will probably be gone when you move in (So you can't even cry on the chair)
    - The electric bill is outrageous - if you DON'T use the heating

Yet apparently it's perfect for a student! Student life must have changed a lot since I was in college.
    bjork wrote: »
    That's the funniest ad I saw in a long time

You'll have no keys because it's a 2 person flat.
    You'll have no living room because it is now your bedroom :pac::pac:
    Just had a look at the ad, it's been updated (maybe she's on boards)
    *im sorry if the descriptions keep changing, ive added everything bfore but some error occured so i have to retype everything again. so here goes;

looking for
    -quite
    -tidy
    -food lover
    -non alcoholic (drink moderately gurlz)
    -non smoker
    -polite
    -female, yes MUST be female!

i think its fair if i mention few things here :)
    1. no pork allowed in the apartment due to religious issue but i still enjoy meeting ppl from all around the world, (no biggie coz you can eat pork outside right?? :)
    2. no males in the house after 11 pm to 8am (you know why hehe, thats why no couples allowed).
    3.No parties, our landlord dont allow it. no living room coz we are making it a room (no problem, u can eat in your room or we have a table to eat there, look at the picture). as long as theres kitchen right? haha

Double ROOM FOR YOURSELF!! (i hv my own room)
    the double room is a normal double room. just that can only occupy 1 person. landlord doesnt allow more than that sorry. and the chair n study table might not be there when u move in

electric bill: if we dnt open heater all day itll be around 300 total for 2 months
    upc: unfortunately there's slight changes. the upc will not be there once u moved in, you will need to set up your own (as i will not be here for a month when u move in)but dont worry, we will split the bills.

Just had a look at the ad, it's been updated (maybe she's on boards)

It's the first time I've seen it so not sure what the original was like

This is the part I like

i really prefer if u whatsapp me, coz i had experience with people who doesnt use whatsapp -they promised to stay but then gone missing, its really annoying. so please use whats convenient :) thank u

As if what's app gives some sort of security?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The keys thing is new, otherwise we'd have already ridiculed the shite out of that too. The Whatsapp bit as well.

• Advertisement

important: this house is actually only for 2 people so theres only 2 keys. when u move in u will be the third occupant, i tried copying the key (da key with sensor) but i cant. i dont know why so maybe u can give it a try too. all this while we just take turns to hold the key.
    Wouldn't this be the landlord's job, to provide a key to a new tenant?
    no living room coz we are making it a room
    Does the landlord know this?

The keys thing is new, otherwise we'd have already ridiculed the shite out of that too. The Whatsapp bit as well.

*You only have 2 keys because your landlord doesn't want you to sublet.
    Didn't know Malaysian were muslim country, re the pork thing. Maybe I am slightly retarded, but surely, if I had whatsapp, I could ignore someone on it or simply delete my account.

*Speaking to the ad not lingua

had experience with people who doesnt use whatsapp -they promised to stay but then gone missing,

Dun dun dun.... has she checked the basement? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This one is back again.
    Bottom bunk bed is removed, an armchair inserted and a tv at the end.
    The obligatory crying chair
    http://www.daft.ie/21550114

snubbleste wrote: »
    This one is back again.

A bit of a DIYer with the washing machine/wardrobe combination

Picture #6 is the square in the ceiling for sticking your head through when you sit up in bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

snubbleste wrote: »
    This one is back again.

Do you come with the flat, Shadow Foreign Secretary Douglas Alexander MP?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A shelf and a crying chair left at the back door some how counts as a study area. The only thing you'll be studying there is your own misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

*You only have 2 keys because your landlord doesn't want you to sublet.
    Didn't know Malaysian were muslim country, re the pork thing. Maybe I am slightly retarded, but surely, if I had whatsapp, I could ignore someone on it or simply delete my account.

*Speaking to the ad not lingua

It is actually. I only found out recently, too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

wonski wrote: »
    It is actually. I only found out recently, too;)

I actually thought the indigenous Muslim community didnt go further East than India/Pakistan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I actually thought the indigenous Muslim community didnt go further East than India/Pakistan

I think Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement