Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

massive place, i am taking my whole family there...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

wonski wrote: »
    Double bedroom:D

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/brownstown-the-curragh-kildare/1556075/

And photo of a photo of the house:confused:
    I also like how they describe it to be in Naas area, but it clearly isn't.

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/loughtiwn-donadea-naas-donadea-kildare/1557440/

I am 6'3" ....
    How on earth am i supposed to do dishes there? Sitting on my arse on the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

inforfun wrote: »
    I am 6'3" ....

On your knees maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I am 6'3" ....
    Yeah, wouldn't you love to go along to the place and start using the sink while the agent is showing you around - complete with head-whacking ... :rolleyes:

Also, how are you supposed to access this "apartment" - through stairs in the house? So what about if you feel like going home to your apartment at 3 in the morning? If you wake the rest of the house do they have any justification in complaining?

Yep, no more than the construction boom in the past, we have a rental boom now - and every outhouse, henhouse and sh1thouse in the Greater Dublin Area is being converted to cash in on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

serfboard wrote: »
    Yeah, wouldn't you love to go along to the place and start using the sink while the agent is showing you around - complete with head-whacking ... :rolleyes:

Also, how are you supposed to access this "apartment" - through stairs in the house? So what about if you feel like going home to your apartment at 3 in the morning? If you wake the rest of the house do they have any justification in complaining?

Yep, no more than the construction boom in the past, we have a rental boom now - and every outhouse, henhouse and sh1thouse in the Greater Dublin Area is being converted to cash in on it.

Too far away for going for a joke visit.
    Even after all those years of living here, i still am amazed what they dare to call apartments here.
    It is about the only thing i really miss from my home country, a properly regulated rental market although it is going down the ****ter there as well but for completely different reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Got it for you.

http://i.imgur.com/2UO6018.jpg

No idea what that is, but it looks dangerous!
    Perhaps it's a poor home-made attempt at a Japanese bath?

rotenburo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

osarusan wrote: »

rotenburo.jpg

They both look incomplete to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

I am 6'3" ....

Clearly there's a skylight type window just off camera where you can stick your head through so you can get fresh air at the same time as doing dishes ;)

redbel05 wrote: »
    Clearly there's a skylight type window just off camera where you can stick your head through so you can get fresh air at the same time as doing dishes ;)
    That's for when you need to change the baby's nappy!:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Lovely Bedsit in the heart Notthing Hill!

double room £810pcm [according to Xe.com that is €1,118.85)
    Available 19 Jun 2015
    Min term 6 months

-AVAILABLE NOW-

Hi Everyone!

I'm pleased to present this very well located bedsit in the heart of Notting Hill, less than 5 min walking to Bayswater station and Notthing Hill station.
    Surrounded by lots of shops and amenities, just 5 minutes walking to Hyde Park and around 15 minutes to central London.

Please note: shared the toilets and showers.

Please give a call to book a viewing

-NO COUPLES-

Thank you ;)

The Daily Edge has helpfully reposted some of the photos, so we won't lose them when the ad comes down:

Photo 1
    Photo 2

The armchair under the bed is my favourite part :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is that a microwave under the sink as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭LadyFenghuang

I think they look amazing! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Rodney: Think of it from our business point of view, eh? I mean this flat is in a wonderful position. It's 15 minutes from the West End, it's 15 minutes from the motorway.

Albert: And 15 minutes from the ground!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Taboola wrote: »

You have a fridge and a cooker. What would you need with counter spaces and cabinets?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You have a fridge and a cooker. What would you need with counter spaces and cabinets?
    Or a sink.

Useless things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Or a sink.

sure there's one of those in jacls. Seriously tho this place must be in violation of some law.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Or a sink.

Useless things.
    Ara, sure can't you rinse them in the toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Washing clothes is a pain too. Just buy new one's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

sure there's one of those in jacls. Seriously tho this place must be in violation of some law.

It absolutely is, the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2008.

What I don't understand is the fact that it says 2 bedrooms and the one shown is fairly sizeable so why is there no kitchen? I could imagine in an old building which has been converted from bedsits or something but this looks fairly modern.

Edit: just checked the address on streetview and it's a house so it's likely been split into two flats, upstairs and downstairs and the downstairs probably has the proper kitchen. Still illegal though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It absolutely is, the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2008.

What I don't understand is the fact that it says 2 bedrooms and the one shown is fairly sizeable so why is there no kitchen? I coyuld imagine in an old building which has been converted from bedsits or something but this looks fairly modern.

That's what I don't get. Two bedrooms and no kitchen?? Greedy fcukers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think I know that house. That's in the extension that's tacked on the side of the house......so would you be sharing a kitchen and bathroom with the landlord?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I like the way one of the chairs from the dining table set has been designated as "The Crying Chair". There's so much bleakness in that I don't even know where to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Ha! They've removed the picture that shows the cooker and fridge corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Ha! They've removed the picture that shows the cooker and fridge corner.

I guess there is no longer a cooker or a fridge. Maybe you pay your rent for work in exchange for bed and board, and a lunch. :eek: on workdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

The Original Crying Chair is back....for 'Strictly one person only' :pac:

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/4-lower-mt-pleasant-ave-ranelagh-dublin/1566012/

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I like the candid shot of all those electricity meters. Swanky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Communal Laundry Room!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

kerash wrote: »
    That's pretty standard in that area, where space is tight

Of the 4 places i rented in Dublin, only the current one has its own washing machine. Communal laundry rooms are common in Georgian houses that are converted into flats. It's just a space issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

I know that its not renting, but thought people here might appreciate this. I was looking up bed and breakfasts or hotels to stay in for a last minute couple days away, only to find this place on booking. com. Imagine paying almost €90 per night midweek to for this. The funny thing about it is that when I showed my mum the place, she said that she had stayed there in the 80s and that it hasnt changed a bit since then- right down to the curtains :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement