Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Trond wrote: »
    Its also technically in Finglas!

Glasnevin North in estate agent speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Saw one on daft for a house share in Galway that stated 'would suit someone who is out of the house by 9am and back not before 8pm Monday to Saturday - without any explanation as to why !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KungPao wrote: »
    Has this beauty been featured yet?

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/glasnevin/glasnevin-avenue-glasnevin-dublin-1576067/

Perhaps not the worst I've seen, but forget about making anything nice to eat.

Surely a proper kitchen is required by law?

And that socket right by the sink makes me nervous.

-Attached to family home with own entrance and house alarm

I don't think there is any need for one of those. The only thing you risk being robbed of there is your dignity and any feeling of self worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I don't think there is any need for one of those. The only thing you risk being robbed of there is your dignity and any feeling of self worth.

Granny must have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Didn't notice that. Jesus.

And how about this:

-Access to washing machine facilities

So when you have to wash your clobber you probably have to knock on "Eamon's" door and ask if his washing machine is available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

colossus-x wrote: »
    Saw one on daft for a house share in Galway that stated 'would suit someone who is out of the house by 9am and back not before 8pm Monday to Saturday - without any explanation as to why !

These people are ****ed in the head.

Also, 'you must leave on weekends' and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep, they would prefer if you just hand over the rent and stay in someone else's place the entire month.
    Also the ones where you probably can wait 4 months before something is fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

folamh wrote: »
    Well, that place definitely has ceilings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Preferred profesional female

What is with all the "will suit professional".

Is it because their money are better, or to bring the quality of the place (kip) up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

wonski wrote: »

Is it because their money are better, or to bring the quality of the place (kip) up?

They don't want to live with students.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No students and a steady income so less likely to have rent issues.

kylith wrote: »
    They don't want to live with students.
    awec wrote: »
    No students and a steady income so less likely to have rent issues.

Makes sense, I just don't like the term being used in ads. When I came to Ireland I thought these places are not for me because I was not on €100000 per year contract.

If I was, I wouldn't look at these places anyway:D

So in short professional = non students, jobseekers etc need to apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Makes sense, I just don't like the term being used in ads. When I came to Ireland I thought these places are not for me because I was not on €100000 per year contract.

Dont know where you are from but from where i am, "professional females" has a bit of a different meaning than a woman with a steady job.

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont know where you are from but from where i am, "professional females" has a bit of a different meaning than a woman with a steady job.

I think we are on the same page now:D

Luckily I am a male, but it does sound strange, especially when the owner's name is John, Paddy or Eamon, or any other male name for that matter.

What are these guys looking for? Free "extras":confused:

Creepy stuff.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Basically it means someone who is paid a salary instead of paid by the hour. People who work 12 hours a week in Dunnes need not apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

http://www.daft.ie/21577778

Some nice family photos at the end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

What are the photos at the end about?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is the ladder in Picture 6 someone breaking in our out?

SpaceTime wrote:
    What are the photos at the end about?!?

Friendly neighbours welcoming potential tenants in their new home perhaps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ciaradx wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/21577778

Some nice family photos at the end....
    Oh excuse me... I don't know how those got in there :o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

This thread has made my mind up for me.
    I was in two minds about emigrating because I'm coming to the end of a lease and facing a major rent hike.

I've job offers in Dublin and several on the continent too. I was contemplating Dublin but the quality of accommodation is so bad I think I'll just get on the plane. The quality of housing is a big deal to me at this stage and I'm not going to live in some hovel or converted shed.

Even the mid priced places look terrible.

wah all the ads are taken down
    save the pics :(

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I was in two minds about emigrating because I'm coming to the end of a lease and facing a major rent hike.

I've job offers in Dublin and several on the continent too. I was contemplating Dublin but the quality of accommodation is so bad I think I'll just get on the plane. The quality of housing is a big deal to me at this stage and I'm not going to live in some hovel or converted shed.

Same. Renting in Dublin seems more expensive than even London. There is no shortage of accommodation in London, for one thing, so demand and therefore cost is lower.

Back on topic: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=3483704&search_id=233350773&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2Findex.cgi%3F%26search_id%3D233350773%26offset%3D0%26sort_by%3Dprice_low_to_high&

"Free box room for a female"

"It is for the right girle in return of managing the property.
    Free of charge or bills
    You need to send some information about your self."

Same. Renting in Dublin seems more expensive than even London. There is no shortage of accommodation in London, for one thing, so demand and therefore cost is lower.

Back on topic: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=3483704&search_id=233350773&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2Findex.cgi%3F%26search_id%3D233350773%26offset%3D0%26sort_by%3Dprice_low_to_high&

"Free box room for a female"

"It is for the right girle in return of managing the property.
    Free of charge or bills
    You need to send some information about your self."

Required: Female
    Age 18-35.

Current occcupant: Male, age 21.

One of those ads I mentioned before. Creepy.

What 21 year old male can afford to house "girlies" for free anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Required: Female
    Age 18-35.

Current occcupant: Male, age 21.

One of those ads I mentioned before. Creepy.

I'd say some blokes would be so desperate for a free room they would pull a Tootsie on this creepo.

edit - Just had a thought, could this be the same creeper who was looking for a young female tenant to practice his foot massages on?

SpaceTime wrote: »

Look at the housing market before you make any rash decisions on that basis. I live in Paris. Accommodation prices here are probably on a par with Dublin, but standards (hygiene, appliances, decor) are often lower and space is usually tighter... I posted some dodgy Paris apartments earlier in the thread. This isn't a Dublin phenomenon.

The only places in Europe where you'll get really good bang for your buck are the small provincial towns... but then, it's the same in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Friendly neighbours welcoming potential tenants in their new hone perhaps :)
    I
    Yxdwuтт ну яе

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I
    Yxdwuтт ну яе

i concur

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement