Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

That's gotta be someone from this thread! They gave themselves away with the reference to a weeping chair.

The weeping chair stood out to me too!

If it is someone from here, can I tell ye, ye got my hopes up a bit there when I got the alert. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Roger McAllen

Unfortunately this next one isn't a joke:

daft . ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/clonee/bramblefield-walk-clonee-dublin-1580538/
    ***** PROPERTY IS CURRENTLY FOR SALE MARKET, RENT IS TO REFLECT AS VIEWINGS WILL TAKE PLACE WHILE TENANCY IS IN PLACE *****

what kind of lease would you have ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/clonee/bramblefield-walk-clonee-dublin-1580538/

Made link work

Thank you i don't have enough posts yet for links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Someone likes pokemon enough at that house to have Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur painted on the wall of the kid's room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Looks like something my kid created in Minecraft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

daft . ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/clonee/bramblefield-walk-clonee-dublin-1580538/

It says unfurnished too. Can't see properly but it looks like there aren't even any beds. Do they really expect someone to move all their stuff in only to be kicked out if the place is sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

spurious wrote: »
    Loving the strategically placed copies of the Times - subtle no riff raff message.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/global-markets-surge-after-us-bailout-of-loan-firms-1.937200

Pictures are from 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    €1080 a month actually!

€1,025 actually hahaha!
    I read the ad wrong, the water charge is €25 every 4 weeks.
    derp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Saw this on Facebook. I'm not sure what site it's from - it's not Daft anyways - so I was wondering if it was real.

Then again, considering some of the posts on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if it is!

"Gay friendly bedsit available to share with students"

"One bed so (male) students might have to be comfortable with sleeping on floor or sharing bed"

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What's the law regarding people per room? I mean is there a limit on how crap you can treat the humans you rent to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Saw this on Facebook. I'm not sure what site it's from - it's not Daft anyways - so I was wondering if it was real.

Then again, considering some of the posts on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if it is!

"One bed so (male) students might have to be comfortable with sleeping on floor or sharing bed"

*shudder*

That advert sounds more like it should be on Grindr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

aidoh wrote: »
    €1,025 actually hahaha!
    derp

€250 a week is €1,083.33 a month. Water charge of €25 every 4 weeks is €27.08 a month. So the rent is actually €1,110 a month :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

*shudder*

That is so creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

snubbleste wrote: »
    42 Year Old seeking student (male) to share with. It's a room share, and might suit a student who's not too fussy.

:eek: 42 years old? I would have thought that most 42 year olds would be beyond sharing a room...but needs must I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Menas wrote: »
    :eek: 42 years old? I would have thought that most 42 year olds would be beyond sharing a room...but needs must I suppose.
    Needs indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

aidoh wrote: »
    €1,025 actually hahaha!
    derp

No, no, you misunderstand! :) €250/week is not €1000 a month because, well, there's more than 48 weeks in a year!

€250 x 52 = €13,000

€13,000 / 12 = ~ €1083 per month

It's a sneaky trick for trying to squeeze more rent out of a property.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    What's the law regarding people per room? I mean is there a limit on how crap you can treat the humans you rent to?
    Ask a navy submariner! I don't think there are any (legal) limits as long as health & safety regs are complied to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

€250 a week is €1,083.33 a month. Water charge of €25 every 4 weeks is €27.08 a month. So the rent is actually €1,110 a month :)

Yup!

Though, I'd count water as a utility, as it's the tenant using it.

But yeah, hate the weekly rent thing, it's a sneaky way of squeezing more rent out of people if they aren't wise to the fact that it's more than x4 that for a month's rent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Menas wrote: »

There should be laws against that kind of carry on, as in given a warning to remove the ad, and failing to do so or posting it up again resulting in fines or worse. F*cking shockingly predatory if that ad is real, and possibly in more ways than one...

Billy86 wrote: »
    There should be laws against that kind of carry on, as in given a warning to remove the ad, and failing to do so or posting it up again resulting in fines or worse. F*cking shockingly predatory if that ad is real, and possibly in more ways than one...
    Well, it could be worse, he could lie and say he's 24! At least he's giving a very clear (implicit) warning to any potential tenant that there may be "extras".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Well, it could be worse, he could lie and say he's 24! At least he's giving a very clear (implicit) warning to any potential tenant that there may be "extras".

Why would the ad be any less creepy if the advertiser were in their 20s? :confused:

Custardpi wrote: »
    Why would the ad be any less creepy if the advertiser were in their 20s? :confused:
    A 42 year old pretending to be 24 would be even creepier!

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It says unfurnished too. Can't see properly but it looks like there aren't even any beds. Do they really expect someone to move all their stuff in only to be kicked out if the place is sold.

Gone to let agreed now sadly. Truly desperate times we are living in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

A 42 year old pretending to be 24 would be even creepier!

Not sure how, unless you believe that people over 40 are inherently dodgy. Downgrading his age would be fairly minor on the scale of things that are wrong with that ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

*shudder*

Jesus Christ, anyone moving in there is getting raped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

This one's brilliant. Some of you may remember me last posting a series of houses suitable for a family of wide dwarfs.....there's clearly still a shortage of vertically challenged folk in the Limerick area. Certainly of those who only need somewhere to live between Monday and Friday. Seen it on 3 different sites so far.....

http://www.daft.ie/limerick/house-share/castletroy/37-ashfort-castletroy-limerick-840650/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Shrap wrote: »
    This one's brilliant. Some of you may remember me last posting a series of houses suitable for a family of wide dwarfs.....there's clearly still a shortage of vertically challenged folk in the Limerick area. Certainly of those who only need somewhere to live between Monday and Friday. Seen it on 3 different sites so far.....

http://www.daft.ie/limerick/house-share/castletroy/37-ashfort-castletroy-limerick-840650/
    Single bedroom with 4ft bed available in clean and nicely decorated house.
    This room is available to a PROFESSIONAL or MATURE STUDENT who ONLY stays in Limerick MONDAY-FRIDAY (unless occasional weekends are required).
    "

So they are looking for a 1mtr20 tall midget who sleeps under the bridge in the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

inforfun wrote: »
    "

So they are looking for a 1mtr20 tall midget who sleeps under the bridge in the weekend

A 4' bed refers to the width, it's a small double bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement