Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Not to rent, but the choice of photos for this tiny cottage in dublin is pretty baffling

1) Front of house
    2) Lad standing out the back of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

retalivity wrote: »
    Not to rent, but the choice of photos for this tiny cottage in dublin is pretty baffling

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

Quarter of a million for that?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

Always very suspicious when no internal shots are shown. Could be a quarter of a mil for a fixer-upper which is even more shocking. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Location Location Location...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Always very suspicious when no internal shots are shown. Could be a quarter of a mil for a fixer-upper which is even more shocking. :eek:

yeah, look at the rear of the house(pic with lad digging a hole...)

feels like things starting to be like 2006 again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

Tears ran down my face, at this post.
    I wonder is he included in the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

€250,000? Sure there can't be more than 1 room in the whole bloody place! :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek::confused::eek::confused::):eek::eek:

dmc17 wrote: »
    €250,000? Sure there can't be more than 1 room in the whole bloody place! :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek::confused::eek::confused::):eek::eek:

there'll be two and a "rustic cellar" when your man finishes digging his hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

bluewolf wrote: »
    there'll be two and a "rustic cellar" when your man finishes digging his hole

He's preparing the burial plot for when the new owner realizes they paid 1/4 of a million for a doghouse and gets a heart attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Location Location Location...

The location is quite rough actually. WAY too much for a one-bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Aoibhinn_C

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

I actually know that area quite well. Those little cottages were built over a 100 years ago and are quite tiny. Those houses all had outhouses -- you can actually see the remains of one at the bottom of the garden so there's probably like a century's worth of poop down that hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Sala wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/flat-to-share/dublin-1/55-mountjoy-square-west-dublin-1-dublin-841306/

The flat is occupied by five friendly and kind Internationals who are either working or studying in Dublin.
    You will share the room (duble bed) with a very nice Nigerian guy.

This has been let to some poor b@stard.:( However, Daft suggested I might like this instead:

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/flat-to-share/dublin-1/gloucester-square-railway-street-dublin-1-dublin-844074/

"The room is quite small, actually it is a closet." Refreshing honesty there, although it's not like the pics don't give it away.

starling wrote: »
    This has been let to some poor b@stard.:( However, Daft suggested I might like this instead:

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/flat-to-share/dublin-1/gloucester-square-railway-street-dublin-1-dublin-844074/

"The room is quite small, actually it is a closet." Refreshing honesty there, although it's not like the pics don't give it away.
    The door looks like you can't even shut it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be fair if there is no nonsense about the rest of the apartment being restricted or anything (which doesn't seem to be the case), and if that closet room isn't within another bedroom, it's not awful considering the price. €120 a month could do well for someone in a desperate situation, someone who has just moved to the country and just needs a bed while they get everything set up (decent hostels can be pricey), and the location is extremely central. They don't sugar coat it to be anything it is not, and the rest of the apartment is pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

"Big and spacious" ... really???

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

I love the "No expense spent" approach to the furnishings.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Kip of a place for sale in Ranelagh and needs a lot of work. Priced accordingly, I suppose. However, pic 8 really intrigued me. Did someone paint over the poor cat?? :P I note they also left a crying chair, which was thoughtful of them. You could sit and cry at all the money you spent, all the work you have to do, and lament the ex-cat.

It's grand as it is, just stick a few bunks in each room, 500 per person per month, it'll pay for itself in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

bronn wrote: »
    Kip of a place for sale in Ranelagh and needs a lot of work. Priced accordingly, I suppose. However, pic 8 really intrigued me. Did someone paint over the poor cat?? :P I note they also left a crying chair, which was thoughtful of them. You could sit and cry at all the money you spent, all the work you have to do, and lament the ex-cat.
    That'll be a fine house for someone with deep enough pockets for it.

Plus, it must be one of the only ones on that terrace without a mews built on the back lane - another goldmine.

Some doer-upper!

:D:D:D re the cat!

The cat probably spent its days on the mantelpiece to avoid the flood of water coming through the ceiling judging by the water damage in that picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

However, pic 8 really intrigued me. Did someone paint over the poor cat??

Found a photo of the former tenant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

And you defo want to sleep foot to foot with someone who needs to keep a big tub of athlete's foot powder beside their bed a la pic no 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Honestly the more 1900s a place is, the better. There is nothing worse than buying an overpriced house, as its "walk in condition". Yet there is nothing you would keep in the house. 95% of the house will have to be changed to meet any one, but the buyers taste. Or even worst is a 1970s style office in a period house. The house is stripped of all character and what you expect the inside of Apollo House to be. Yet the agent "sees enormous potential for a family home in this excellent location". Who wants to live on a road with just offices and in a soulless house

IMO the house is a bargain. It has all the period features, its big and an excellent location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Honestly the more 1900s a place is, the better. There is nothing worse than buying an overpriced house, as its "walk in condition". Yet there is nothing you would keep in the house. 95% of the house will have to be changed to meet any one, but the buyers taste. Or even worst is a 1970s style office in a period house. The house is stripped of all character and what you expect the inside of Apollo House to be. Yet the agent "sees enormous potential for a family home in this excellent location". Who wants to live on a road with just offices and in a soulless house

IMO the house is a bargain. It has all the period features, its big and an excellent location.
    If I had a million I would hop in that

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

If I had a million I would hop in that
    Likewise. You're going to need €600k+ to buy it and you could do an amazing job with another €350k. Has the potential to be a fantastic place. Pity it's mid-terrace - potential neighbour problems with houses in poor condition / student rentals.

Oh well. I may as well dream. The contents of my pockets tell me I have exactly €2.56 in spare cash to my name at the moment.

The poor fookin' cat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

1) Front of house
    3) See 2)
    4) Lad digging a hole

He's the banana. For scale.

Thoie wrote: »
    He's the banana. For scale.

Either that or he's just incriminated himself by showing us all where he buried the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

In fairness, at least the ad is accurate ... she is quite lovely!

In fairness, at least the ad is accurate ... she is quite lovely!
    Talk about deceptive advertising, putting the lovely girl out front while hiding the Brazilians! (they're either male or ugly. :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

AirBnB... in a backyard tent. In Toronto. Well, a good bit outside Toronto. Where it hit -43 celcius in February. Only $406 CAD a month, sure it's practically a steal! :pac:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6846217?checkin=2015-10-01&checkout=2015-10-31&af=3483444

PS. Near the airport and on the border of two rival gang territories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement