Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So.. tiles on the floor and laminate on the ceiling.

Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

inforfun wrote: »
    So.. tiles on the floor and laminate on the ceiling.

Great.

What kind of ceiling would you like sir?

Floor.

No sir, what kind of ceiling would you like?

FLOOR!

Ok so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

wonski wrote: »

That place is rough! The "apartment" is basically paying to live in someone's back garden in a "recently constructed" shoebox. Bedroom's tiny.

WTF is the deal with preferable single male?

Rent is a bit steep too, maybe it's for the randomly added bonus of a bidet..how European!

Granny must've died before her flat was finished.

That place is rough! The "apartment" is basically paying to live in someone's back garden in a "recently constructed" shoebox. Bedroom's tiny.

Rent is a bit steep too, maybe it's for the randomly added bonus of a bidet..how European!

This is a norm now on the rental market. Apartments made of room.

I did see a 10 bed house to rent in Naas - will link if I can find it again.

Then you have these masters of "how and where not to put a piece of furniture" :D

See below as a sample:

http://www.daft.ie/kildare/apartments-for-rent/kildare/rathilla-kildare-kildare-1624709/

Not the worst place, but who put that sofa in there:eek:

Edit: It is bad actually. A portacabin or something like that really. No windows. Sure, who needs them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Then you have these masters of "how and where not to put a piece of furniture" :D

See below as a sample:

http://www.daft.ie/kildare/apartments-for-rent/kildare/rathilla-kildare-kildare-1624709/

Edit: It is bad actually. A portacabin or something like that really. No windows. Sure, who needs them...

Ah now, you're just making a mountain out of a rat hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

I'd do a running action man dive over the back of that couch every time I went to sit on it.

maudgonner wrote: »
    Ah now, you're just making a mountain out of a rat hill.

No.

I just spent few minutes on daft.ie ;)

There are so many bad properties out there, that I can't believe they even exist.

Just have a look and come back to us.

The word "apartment" should be banned in Ireland. Not just because it is confusing. It is misleading.

Julez wrote: »
    I'd do a running action man dive over the back of that couch every time I went to sit on it.

You could then pole vault over it to get to the kitchen. Great craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ah yes... the furniture in rentals.
    I once had a dining table with chairs for 6 in a 2 bedroom apartment that really didnt fit anywhere.
    But is suppose it was on offer in Bargaintown when it was bought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Meh, you see 'females only' (not preferred) in seemingly every second listing. I'm not at all one of those MRA types, but that's something that has always really irritated me and would cause uproar in the reverse were the 'norm'.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Meh, you see 'females only' (not preferred) in seemingly every second listing. I'm not at all one of those MRA types, but that's something that has always really irritated me and would cause uproar in the reverse were the 'norm'.

Yeah I understand they can advertise however they want but surely they would get a better response if they just advertised as "singles only" or "no couples". Maybe they just think males are less choosy :D

The place is grim either way!

No.

I just spent few minutes on daft.ie ;)

There are so many bad properties out there, that I can't believe they even exist.

Just have a look and come back to us.

The word "apartment" should be banned in Ireland. Not just because it is confusing. It is misleading.

I was making a bad pun about the address of the place...

This is AH - if you see a pun you have to make it, it's the law in these parts, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

See below as a sample:

I dont see much problem with it. The sofa can easily be sorted and loads of light sure what more could ya want ;)

I was making a bad pun about the address of the place...

This is AH - if you see a pun you have to make it, it's the law in these parts, I believe.

I thought You said I was wrong.

I made a mistake and I forgive you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

There's no pic of that room at the end with the glass doors. Does that not come with the flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

See below as a sample:

The sofa is way to big for that room. I guess it wouldn't fit the other way around, in the corner? (I look at these pics and try to think of ways of making the places liveable.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

inforfun wrote: »
    Ah yes... the furniture in rentals.
    I once had a dining table with chairs for 6 in a 2 bedroom apartment that really didnt fit anywhere.
    But is suppose it was on offer in Bargaintown when it was bought.

When I go to look at a place I'm often wondering if the place is where they store the furniture that their grandmother left them when she died in the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

When I go to look at a place I'm often wondering if the place is where they store the furniture that their grandmother left them when she died in the 80s.

I've seen plenty of places wrecked by renters so I can understand why some landlords don't put good furniture into their properties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of places wrecked by renters so I can understand why some landlords don't put good furniture into their properties.

There's a difference between putting gkld furniture into a property and providing a decent, intelligible living space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

That is a perfect example of a Victorian crying chair. You could sit there and lament your woes whilst staring at your bed and imagining dashing heroes coming to rescue you from an arranged marriage to your cousin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Billy86 wrote: »

I am surprised you're still allowed place adverts like that especially as landlords are banned from using phrases like "professionals only" and "no rent allowance accepted". A landlord can't demand a work reference anymore either.

That could be a lovely house at a fairly reasonable price. But there's a 99.9% chance you'd be killed to death by a ghost as you slept in that bedroom. Killed to death...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,030 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"BER: C3"

yeah, sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

At first, I didn't find the bedroom too creepy. But if I lived in that room, the fireplace would end up causing me nightmares cos that's where monsters are most likely to come from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

At first, I didn't find the bedroom too creepy. But if I lived in that room, the fireplace would end up causing me nightmares cos that's where monsters are most likely to come from

It's the kind of place where you expect there to be lots of badly-taxidermied animals around the place.

I reckon the estate agent just made them hide them for the photos. Which means that all the cupboards are full of undead, crazed animals! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

It's the kind of place where you expect there to be lots of badly-taxidermied animals around the place.

I reckon the estate agent just made them hide them for the photos. Which means that all the cupboards are full of undead, crazed animals! :eek:

Estate agent's picture is creepy too. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement