Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    So basically if you do the housework and look after the gardens you get to live in a caravan next door and still have to pay 50 a month. Did they not do away with slavery a long time ago?

I love how it's aimed at foreign students or tourists! What sort of tourist wants to spend €50 a month to cut someone else's grass and admire their "mansion" from afar. Though you do get to share your "garden" with some donkey's.

That's mental altogether! Imagine the state of the caravan and house if the exterior photos are all they show :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I love how it's aimed at foreign students or tourists! What sort of tourist wants to spend €50 a month to cut someone else's grass and admire their "mansion" from afar. Though you do get to share your "garden" with some donkey's.

That's mental altogether! Imagine the state of the caravan and house if the exterior photos are all they show :eek:

The help does not have any need for viewing inside their masters abode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Some homeless guy would probably be delighted with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's a great place for a sofa. You and sit and stare into the corner and cry at how depressing the place is
    But the 'photographer' is standing in front of the telly, the focal point of the room!

*Just add telly*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

So basically if you do the housework and look after the gardens you get to live in a caravan next door and still have to pay 50 a month. Did they not do away with slavery a long time ago?

That f***** should be reported!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

That f***** should be reported!

If it was a room in the house that was available for €50pm with a little gardening/housework, would you be so outraged with that deal?

Just for the record, I wouldn't want to live in that caravan either to be honest.

My point is though, some people might be happy with that arrangement on a temporary basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Billy86 wrote: »
    The help does not have any need for viewing inside their masters abode.

The help shall be expected to maintain high standards of housework inside their masters abode in order to continue living in the masters mobile residential property provided..... Think it says similar in the add.

But this time, you get to pay to work for free.

It's not even funny, it's awful!

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If it was a room in the house that was available for €50pm with a little gardening/housework, would you be so outraged with that deal?

Just for the record, I wouldn't want to live in that caravan either to be honest.

My point is though, some people might be happy with that arrangement on a temporary basis.

At least the room in the house might come with a bit of heating and have access to a decent size Jax.

There is a big difference in having a room in a house and sharing a caravan in exchange for looking after a mansion.

Apart from comfort levels it also doesn't feel right to have someone living out in a caravan like that. Also said caravan is probably only worth about a grand eitherway so from two tenants thats a 100 percent yield on one year.

every aspect of the deal sounds moraly wrong but then again thats why they are looking for foreign nationals or the likes that will do it.

And I didn't even consider that aspect of it lol.

• Advertisement

The help shall be expected to maintain high standards of housework inside their masters abode in order to continue living in the masters mobile residential property provided..... Think it says similar in the add.

Haha, Christ! I zoned out of the ad once I saw what the general gist of it was. :p

It's outrageous! But don't forget your paying for the privilege of cleaning a mansion! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lia_lia wrote: »
    This is pretty grim. Click click. Especially at that price! It's obviously rented to students usually and they want to rent it out for the summer. But still yuck. Size of the kitchen!
    That's actually a very nice house.

It's outrageous! But don't forget your paying for the privilege of cleaning a mansion! :eek:

It dont even look that big

It dont even look that big

That's what she said :D

Seriously though, they're completely deluded- looking for slave labour to pay to clean their house and live in a sh!tty caravan in the back garden. They probably get charged for water and electricity on top of their €50 per week. Shocking

That's what she said :D

Seriously though, they're completely deluded- looking for slave labour to pay to clean their house and live in a sh!tty caravan in the back garden. They probably get charged for water and electricity on top of their €50 per week. Shocking

Is his phone number on the add I think we should have a chat with him ha.

Is his phone number on the add I think we should have a chat with him ha.

For some reason I have the image of the house owner being a recluse cat lady type. Our english is probaby too good, they would know you were trolling if ya rang ha

i think the caravan is worse than the personal trainer guy with the home gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

For some reason I have the image of the house owner being a recluse cat lady type. Our english is probaby too good, they would know you were trolling if ya rang ha

i think the caravan is worse than the personal trainer guy with the home gym

But...but...the caravan has central heating. And a garden/patio/balcony, apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

More info via email if your English isnt poor...

Ok... who is going to write an English email, put it through Google translate into Greek and via Russian into Gaelic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Some homeless guy would probably be delighted with it.

I get the feeling riff raff mightn't be hired suitable for the property

• Advertisement

I get the feeling riff raff mightn't be hired suitable for the property

Plus us Irish types, looking for rights, and all that... foreigners better. Temporary foreigners.

inforfun wrote: »
    More info via email if your English isnt poor...

Ok... who is going to write an English email, put it through Google translate into Greek and via Russian into Gaelic?

You can send an email in Dutch and see what they come back with. :D

maudgonner wrote: »
    But...but...the caravan has central heating. And a garden/patio/balcony, apparently!

The ad is the gift that keeps on giving. I suppose if you climbed onto the roof of the caravan it would be LIKE a balcony.

The ad is the gift that keeps on giving. I suppose if you climbed onto the roof of the caravan it would be LIKE a balcony.
    No, that's the helipad! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

http://www.daft.ie/westmeath/apartments-for-rent/rathowen/newpass-house-rathowen-westmeath-1529133/

Odd castle exterior, boat interior combination with a dungeon room

Bit weird and not for everyone, but I actually quite like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

http://www.daft.ie/westmeath/apartments-for-rent/rathowen/newpass-house-rathowen-westmeath-1529133/

This gives me the creeps. I don't think I could ever spend an hour there let alone a whole night. It just looks and feels wrong but I don't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'd love to live somewhere like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

That's an amazing gaff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

That place rules. I'd love to live in somewhere like that.

I actually can't wait to follow this thread over the next couple of years. The boom being well and truly back means that every **** and their cousin will be poorly converting sheds and garages into ****ty dumps of apartments that they will charge €1000 a month for despite the fact that the washing machine is located directly in the middle of the bedroom floor and the toilet is a bucket out in the garden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement