Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a fcukin sad life you'd have living in a sh1tbox like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah but you would be the hippest hipster with your cool Manhattan pad. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Where's the toilet/shower?? Did I blink and miss it??

Where's the toilet/shower?? Did I blink and miss it??

I thought there was a shower room where he was filling up the cup to microwave his cup of tea :eek: Could have been wrong. Watching in work so don't have sound- how is he cooking? I didn't see a cooker, is he microwaving everything?! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I thought there was a shower room where he was filling up the cup to microwave his cup of tea :eek: Could have been wrong. Watching in work so don't have sound- how is he cooking? I didn't see a cooker, is he microwaving everything?! :eek::eek:

His bathroom is shared with 3 other people on his floor. It's effectively a bedsit.

He says he's a vegetarian and mostly eats things that come straight out of the fridge but does cook eggs in his microwave.

• Advertisement

His bathroom is shared with 3 other people on his floor. It's effectively a bedsit.

He says he's a vegetarian and mostly eats things that come straight out of the fridge but does cook eggs in his microwave.

I see, that sounds awful (he obviously doesn't think so) On the plus side the cleaning would be minimal...

He obviously doesn't mind his clothes/cutlery/everything smelling like runners/food/deodorants etc.

And his clothes would be damp from steam rising from the microwave every time that he uses it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

On the plus side the cleaning would be minimal...

Bring the dirty dishes into the shower with him. Be grand, like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

"I work most times at home so i dont need office clothes"

**** that. It is one thing to only use that place for sleeping but living and working?

Just to clarify, where is he getting the water for his cup of tea? Was that sink in the shared bathroom or is it his own private toilet?

Bad enough getting water from a tap in your own bathroom but imagine he was getting it from a bathroom where several other people were washing their sh1tty hands in the sink.

Euuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggg.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, where is he getting the water for his cup of tea? Was that sink in the shared bathroom or is it his own private toilet?

Bad enough getting water from a tap in your own bathroom but imagine he was getting it from a bathroom where several other people were washing their sh1tty hands in the sink.

Euuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggg.

Yes it was from the shared bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nice ventilation for the microwave there. Enclosed space with a printer sitting on top of it. Excellent work.

Yes it was from the shared bathroom.

That is so vile! Imagine having to wait to have a cup of tea until the randomers you share a floor with are finished in the shower on on the loo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭liz lemoncello

I see, that sounds awful (he obviously doesn't think so) On the plus side the cleaning would be minimal...

But cleaning a tiny apartment is only easy if you have enough storage space for everything. He has everything tucked neatly away, so it might be minimal. Do they take turns cleaning the bathroom? :eek:

That is so vile! Imagine having to wait to have a cup of tea until the randomers you share a floor with are finished in the shower on on the loo :eek:

You could buy bottled water.
    But then again, where do you leave a whole 1 liter bottle in that place.

inforfun wrote: »

The fridge, sure he's only got an orange and some nuts in there anyway.

Evidently he's happy with bathroom water :eek: Ha I don't think underneath the fold out bed is full enough, he can store all the water there! :cool:

The fridge, sure he's only got an orange and some nuts in there anyway.

Good point.
    Messed up my funny though... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is in Manhattan. Hardly a sad life living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

syklops wrote: »

Smelly, noisy, extremely unfriendly, unbearably busy and costs a fortune. Not for me thanks

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Not somewhere I'd fancy living to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not somewhere I'd fancy living to be honest.

Would be an absolutely excellent place to just have as a 'crash spot' for abusiness person who could afford it and hates the NY commute (subways are great there for transport, but like sardine cans at rush hour and there's always construction going on on some line somewhere), but I'd have to agree - I would not want to live there at all. Keeping clothes in the fridge and no cooking setup barring a microwave is not any way to be living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Lia_lia wrote: »
    This is fairly bad. Looks like a pretty mank damp apartment, it's on Shandon Street which isn't the nicest area (used to live there!), however the best part is the couch and the "Chanel" cushions. :D

I used to live in a flat a few doors down from that. Let me assure you that virtually every single one of them in the area is absolutely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

I wonder what happened to those 'one room apartment's' that were being sold in that hotel at Newlands Cross during the boom. They didn't have kitchens either but the owners apparently could use the communal one downstairs.
    They were for people who worked in Dublin during the week and went home for the weekend. You could of course stay and reenact scenes from Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to those 'one room apartment's' that were being sold in that hotel at Newlands Cross during the boom. They didn't have kitchens either but the owners apparently could use the communal one downstairs.
    They were for people who worked in Dublin during the week and went home for the weekend. You could of course stay and reenact scenes from Alan Partridge.

In older times that kind of one room living space was known affectionately known as a tenement

Here's an early prototype - notice presence of the crying chair ready for use ...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/36/94/72/369472b7fe80ca8904ac6cd4422a67e1.jpg

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    Renting one of those isn't really a bad idea if you only use it as a "crash pad" after work and go home at the weekends, but buying one is sheer madness!

There was a time that Transavia did flights from Dublin back to my city of birth and i was seriously thinking of renting a cheap ass place for mon-fri and fly back to Holland on fridays. Departure time on fridays didnt work out so never went for it
    For that kind of arrangements, a place can be small and all but this guy in Manhattan is working from home a lot.
    That cant be fun in a cupboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This was posted in LovinDublin this morning. €1,000 a month. Utterly depressing :(:(

That mattress protector......
    Cant expect a new one for your €1000 a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That mattress protector......
    Cant expect a new one for your €1000 a month

ZjhiYzFhMjQyNjhjMjdjYjczOWIwNTQyMTNiMGUxYjHnQYD6uVYXHQexkdhGCBZ8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvMDE5MGMwNWNkMWM0ZDJjMDBiZjhkNjhmYjQyNDY5YTZ8Mjg4d3x8fHx8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuZGFmdC5pZS9pL3dhdGVybWFya19kYWZ0LnBuZ3x8fA==.jpeg

That is gross tbh. I would like to check the actual state of the matress...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement