Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dónal wrote: »
    Nice view of the place.

It's the back of the van they're renting? :confused:

Dónal wrote: »
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's the back of the van they're renting? :confused:
    Rentokill, must have problems with the previous tenants! :pac:

Hymenstown, New Inn, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

If anyone broke in would they be charged with burglary or deflowering a virgin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Is it worrying that pretty much every link i've clicked on, the property has either been sold or let out. Maybe not that bad of a place after all? That said, I clearly missed out on the laughs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

any new ones guys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

emzolita wrote: »
    any new ones guys?

Must post up a picture of my new 'spare room'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

would it not be better if people posted up screenshots instead of the links- that way even if a props sold or rented out we could still laugh at them.

was delighted to see this thread back but only 2/3 pics came up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

would it not be better if people posted up screenshots instead of the links- that way even if a props sold or rented out we could still laugh at them.

was delighted to see this thread back but only 2/3 pics came up :(

I suggested the same ages ago too. is there a way to even get cached pages of the ads or is that too tricky?

CMpunked wrote: »
    I suggested the same ages ago too. is there a way to even get cached pages of the ads or is that too tricky?

iv no clue i know nothing about computers:(

sticky this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Hymenstown, New Inn, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

If anyone broke in would they be charged with burglary or deflowering a virgin! :pac:

I looked at every picture trying to get the joke. That's a great village name!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

We were looking at houses to rent a few months ago and there was a flat above a Chinese going cheap. I would not have considered it except we know someone who lives in a flat above a Chinese and it is really nice inside so we went along for a look.
    We went along to have a look and... oh dear!
    You had to close the front door before you could go into the kitchen since it was behind the door. 2 people couldnt pass eachother in the kitchen. There was no central heating, just an old electric fire in the sitting room. It stank of death!

We couldn't help laughing when we saw it and quickly left. Needless to say I will never eat in the chinese downstairs either.

This was about 3 months ago. I noticed the other day that the flat above it has a tree growing through the roof and a branch of seemingly the same tree through the window next door!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This thread produces totally hilarity and utterly depression in equal measure. I cannot help but cringe at the absolutely kips delusional landlords are willing to lease. Plus most of the prices, especially in Dublin, are actually insulting for what you get.

Anyway here's my contribution after less then 5 minutes of searching:

€775 per month for this odd triangle shaped studio that has obviously been decorated by a combination of Old Mother Hubbard & Stevie Wonder.

€690 per month for this charming "architect designed" loft come shoebox. I seriously cannot make heads nor tails of the place from the photos provided.

€685 per month for this grubby little 'room'. Check out the stairs going up to the bedroom(?) next to the microwave & worktop(!), that looks very safe indeed.

Raekwon wrote: »
    This thread produces totally hilarity and utterly depression in equal measure. I cannot help but cringe at the absolutely kips delusional landlords are willing to lease. Plus most of the prices, especially in Dublin, are actually insulting for what you get.

€685 per month for this grubby little 'room'. Check out the stairs going up to the bedroom(?) next to the microwave & worktop(!), that looks very safe indeed.

I think I've been in that last one. I think one of my mates lived in it when i first moved to dublin (about 8 years ago), back when there was a shortage of rental apartments, and if you wanted something there was no mulling it over in your head or "I'll let you know in a day or 2", instead you had to bring your deposit with you, and pay the deposit on the spot if you wanted the place. A different world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

€690 per month for this charming "architect designed" loft come shoebox. I seriously cannot make heads nor tails of the place from the photos provided.

Designed by Telecom Eireann by the looks of it............ http://c1.dmlimg.com/2e5c93fc5fcb277c88837e18ff8cc045ee0bd9634e6310db402cd6420253b484.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

syklops wrote: »
    I think I've been in that last one. I think one of my mates lived in it when i first moved to dublin (about 8 years ago), back when there was a shortage of rental apartments, and if you wanted something there was no mulling it over in your head or "I'll let you know in a day or 2", instead you had to bring your deposit with you, and pay the deposit on the spot if you wanted the place. A different world.

Thing is, there's not actually a huge amount of decent apartments to rent these days, in fact I'd say there's a paucity of them in Dublin, as someone who helped a friend find somewhere a few months ago. I think it's because more people are renting and less buying these days so all the good places are long snapped up and will likely have long-term residents. So, one can't really be too picky these days either.

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Thing is, there's not actually a huge amount of decent apartments to rent these days, in fact I'd say there's a paucity of them in Dublin, as someone who helped a friend find somewhere a few months ago. I think it's because more people are renting and less buying these days so all the good places are long snapped up and will likely have long-term residents. So, one can't really be too picky these days either.

To be honest I would believe that too. I suppose on the rental market now are people renting propertys because they have to, not just because they could get a few bob from it like when I was first renting. Having just moved into a new place, I know this problem is not just in Dublin.

There was a place I saw, really nice size and very central, but we wanted to ask the guy "So how long ago did your grandfather die", because it was quite obvious an old person had been living there and instead of spending a few quid on making it look nice, they just removed the body and most of his personal affects and tried to get people to rent it.

I'll stick up a photo of my penthouse guest room tonight when I get home. Its worthy of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Anyway here's my contribution after less then 5 minutes of searching:

€775 per month for this odd triangle shaped studio that has obviously been decorated by a combination of Old Mother Hubbard & Stevie Wonder.

the first one, pic five, were they standing on the table to take a pic down the bog or wha?!!

hdowney wrote: »
    the first one, pic five, were they standing on the table to take a pic down the bog or wha?!!

The stairs I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jesus. We have a lovely one bed apartment in Baldoyle for €800pm, but that seem to get a grotty, badly located old granny flat in the city center.

• Advertisement

The stairs I think.

i don't think there were any stairs in the place

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hdowney wrote: »
    i don't think there were any stairs in the place

From the ad:
    The apt is on two levels, the twin bedroom is ensuite with
    another toilet on the landing below.

From the ad:

well i am observant :o

Yeah I remember those days well. I was looking for a one bed in Dublin city centre back in around 05/06. They were usually open invitation affairs back then and so many people turned up that you actually had to queue up outside until another couple left to view it. Plus the asking price usually went up if there was enough demand, which there usually was, so most people were priced out on the day. It was utter madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I used to live in a bedsit just off Baggot st, at the back of the Georgian buildings on Fitzwilliam sq, was my first time living on my own, and it was amazing don't knock it till you try it.

WTF is this?

It looks like some DIY 'enthusiast' slapped together a magnificent example of a bunk-bed/storage unit combo, conveniently located over a front door and glossed up to perfection with some Dulux that was found under the stairs. Absolutely superb craftsmanship.

A snip at €600 per month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

What an incredibly stupid thing to put in any advertisment.. They do know that every building is "architect designed" don't they?

Some people think it makes a product more desireable.

It's like saying "Designer Clothes"...... oh, wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

seen this walking down thestreet the other day in toronto theres a for sale sign out the front:D

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/beano345/?action=view&current=405222_3105256951454_1265180539_3176511_571699695_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

WTF is this?

It looks like some DIY 'enthusiast' slapped together a magnificent example of a bunk-bed/storage unit combo, conveniently located over a front door and glossed up to perfection with some Dulux that was found under the stairs. Absolutely superb craftsmanship.

A snip at €600 per month :rolleyes:

That really is some kip! Picture saved here in case the link dies.

• Advertisement

That really is some kip! Picture saved here in case the link dies.

It's a total kip alright, see the tobacco colored ceiling & fire alarm?

I'd actually love to see the rest of the room. There would have to be a crying chair in the corner, hopefully purchased from a shop and not knocked together with the left overs from the bunk-bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement