Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The Mini Library.....

Will it get the same legendary status as The Crying Chair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

inforfun wrote: »
    The Mini Library.....

I think the nightlight on the balcony is also a nice touch in fairness. It's mentioned specifically in the description and stars in its own photo too. I'm not really up to date with lighting trends myself but I'm assuming this must be a really special feature. Something to keep you company while you get some air to alleviate your cabin fever and contemplate how you ended up in such misery - a "Wilson" type character maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

inforfun wrote: »
    The Mini Library.....

I hope so!!

This woman is mad as a brush with her library and her new kettles etc... Clearly never rented before in her life. The room itself isnt too bad but the fact that you're not allowed leave it might get old very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

It would just be such an awkward living situation. Wouldn't it be better to get to know your lodger a bit than desperately try to avoid them? They'd probably still spend a lot of time in their room but there'd be a more comfortable atmosphere in the house.

What she's offering is not crazy if it's for a rockbottom price, might suit somebody who needs somewhere cheap for a few months. But the price she is charging is I.N.S.A.N.E.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

from reading the last page or two, that landlady's ears must be burning.

As she keeps a lonely vigil for any alcohol consumption, excess breathing noise or wear and tear from the tenant's room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Price has been cut from €750 to €550 per month.
    She should have a line in the advert about saving €2400 a year....she is missing a trick there.

As she keeps a lonely vigil for any alcohol consumption

Yes, what is that about? And not being allowed to smoke on the balcony? What? I would not hand a deposit over to somebody like that, wouldn't trust her with it in a fit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I assume there is a rope ladder on the balcony so you can enter and leave the room without having to put her through the shame of accidentally crossing your path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I assume there is a rope ladder on the balcony so you can enter and leave the room without having to put her through the shame of accidentally crossing your path.

And if you happen to use the front door once, by mistake.. BOOM!! €50.00 fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Presume the torch is there to help try to get out when the inevitable fire is blazing...Practically it's also useful to reassure yourself that you're not having a nightmare, you're actually living one when you start awake during the night.

The sealing around the basins and bath is savage, must have gotten a job lot of mastic along with the timber.

Some of these deserve to be saved before the place is sold burns down.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/supers54/Wooden%20it%20be%20nice/MGQyYjZjMmI2NDFiMTdmNTMxMGZjNThiZjhhN2RkYmJDJ4BBvY-OyA6cfDv96E6vaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvYi9iL2JiODZhN2.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/supers54/Wooden%20it%20be%20nice/MDZjOWExNDA5NmEzYTY1NjQyYmU4Nzc5NmFmZmZkYzMzJRUlJS7UICs2RjvbuHYwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvMS8zLzEzMTVkYT_1.jpg

Rest are here http://s219.photobucket.com/user/supers54/Wooden%20it%20be%20nice/story
    I would be very concerned with the plug in wall light fittings that appear in most of the rooms, this place looks like a DIY renovation done using upcycled materials and the cheapest rewiring solution possible.
    jamesbere wrote: »
    Imagine sandpapering all that
    And varnishing it all after that!

• Advertisement

What 2 grand gets you

In Dublin

and

In Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What 2 grand gets you

In Dublin

and

In Tipperary

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deenameh

Elliott S wrote: »
    That's a rough enough part of town too.

It gets worse - daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/phibsborough/5-cabra-park-phibsborough-dublin-1656568/#img=8

Studio apartment to Rent in Phibsborough €250 a week - sharing with the Irish Times news paper....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Deenameh wrote: »
    It gets worse - daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/phibsborough/5-cabra-park-phibsborough-dublin-1656568/#img=8

Studio apartment to Rent in Phibsborough €250 a week - sharing with the Irish Times news paper....

I went to view an "apartment" in Cabra Park not realising what it was. It was a house with about 5/6 studio apartments and the whole place smells like a deep fat fryer.

There was no bed, just a mattress on the ground. The toilet was in the shower.

I was told he'd give it to me for a bargain price of 550 a month.

I legged it out of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Another issue we should be getting on the streets about. Not enough is being done in this area. The standard of accommodation available to people trying to get going in life is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The property boom being back is providing some excellent material for this thread, in fairness.

Dublin is an utter joke when it comes to accommodation. Overpriced and of a laughably poor standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Fran1985 wrote: »

Eh, its not stylish, or modern. It's not in turn key condition and the wonderful surroundings include benburb street, known for its "ladies of the night"..

well, some of us would see that as a plus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Who seemingly never ventures outside. I was disappointed, they could have had it at least looking out the window in the outside pics!

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I went to view an "apartment" in Cabra Park not realising what it was. It was a house with about 5/6 studio apartments and the whole place smells like a deep fat fryer.

There was no bed, just a mattress on the ground. The toilet was in the shower.

I was told he'd give it to me for a bargain price of 550 a month.

I legged it out of the place.

Hahaha sounds awful! Do people actually rent these places??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

This Adamstown ad just keeps getting better. Now she wants females only.
    "This space does not offer kitchen facilities but it does offer other perks so if you are interested please read on. In a way, think of the room like a long-term b&b type of accommodation"

Eh she might want to look up the word contradiction in her pocket dictionary in her mini library :rolleyes: A B&B without the breakfast or any stove to cook breakfast!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Eh she might want to look up the word contradiction in her pocket dictionary in her mini library :rolleyes: A B&B without the breakfast or any stove to cook breakfast!

Does any one else think the 'but it does offer other perks' bit sounds really seedy.

Does any one else think the 'but it does offer other perks' bit sounds really seedy.

Yes! Yes it does

Yeah it does actually :D I don't think the "perk" of any amount of new laundered sheets would make up for the lack of cooking facilities and having to deal with her general disdain and condescending attitude.

In fairness though the room does look immaculate (though I still wouldn't rent it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I've been in and redressed your bed, and I did happen to notice while I was in there that it was just a wee bit untidy, some clothes on the chair and a towel on the side of the bath. Oh and I do like the curtains to hang straight, you might just put the swags on them before you go out in the morning? And you had left your computer on, so I unplugged it for you, don't want to waste electricity do we...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

jmayo wrote: »
    Well it's funny you should say that because the estate agents are:
    truly honoured to present this stunning 5 bedroom red brick end of terrace bijou home to the Dublin 7 market. Rarely does such an exclusive property come to the market with ample living space
    Even going by estate-agent-standard level of lies and bullshít, this takes the biscuit ...

looksee wrote: »
    I've been in and redressed your bed, and I did happen to notice while I was in there that it was just a wee bit untidy, some clothes on the chair and a towel on the side of the bath. Oh and I do like the curtains to hang straight, you might just put the swags on them before you go out in the morning? And you had left your computer on, so I unplugged it for you, don't want to waste electricity do we...

This is exactly what I imagine her to be like but worse! I actually thought when I initially saw the ad that the bathroom was an en-suite. I'd say she would be a horror to live with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I wonder can we report her for running an unlicensed B&B then. She's some cheeky wagon.
    She's also doing the laundry for you now, hanging them on a clothes horse "provided", and then leaving it outside your room for you to bring in, so you can make your room even more cluttered and damp. I presumed the tenant at least has the authority to handle their own smalls.
    I'd say she'd be blacklighting your sheets and all before washing them. :pac:

Ballybough is far rougher than Phibsborough. I lived in Phibsborough for 5 years. It's grand and has lots of nice housing stock. Don't know where it got such a bad reputation. But yes, the rent on that Phibsborough place is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Elliott S wrote: »
    I emailed her and told her she had a nerve to ask for references for such crappy accommodation. Also told her she was supposed to provide access to a hob, oven and grill. It's all fine and well laughing at the accomm on here but sometimes I actually think something should be done about it. Even if it just gives someone pause for thought or makes them feel guilty about what they are doing.

If you're feeling really cruel, send her a link to this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement