Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

Eh she might want to look up the word contradiction in her pocket dictionary in her mini library :rolleyes: A B&B without the breakfast or any stove to cook breakfast!

Well, I suppose one can buy themselves milk and cereal. :pac:

In the new ad, she's just looking for a previous landlord reference, in the old one she wanted an employer reference too. Why bother changing that? :confused:
    In fairness though the room does look immaculate (though I still wouldn't rent it)

It's probably a nice gaff, but any bedroom would get depressing if you were restricted to it the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Elliott S wrote: »
    Well, I suppose one can buy themselves milk and cereal. :pac:

In the new ad, she's just looking for a previous landlord reference, in the old one she wanted an employer reference too. Why bother changing that? :confused:

True or you could microwave some eggs or something. It's very odd. She also provides a clothes horse in her new ad. Doesn't mention anything about ironing facilities though :D

If you're feeling really cruel, send her a link to this thread.

Ha! :) Nah, won't be emailing her again, I'm not into harrassing people, even if they are complete numpties. She's deluded anyway and that's punishment enough for her. :pac:

If you're feeling really cruel, send her a link to this thread.
    DONE!

Gave her a real email address too, lets see if there's a reply on here or elsewhere

DONE!

Gave her a real email address too, lets see if there's a reply on here or elsewhere

So did I! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

DONE!

Oh dear, it's suddenly gone - you made her withdraw it!

Think we should leave it now. :( I sent her the email this morning because I felt genuinely angry about her ad (I'm in nice accommodation myself but know how bad the market is) but I don't think she should be harassed or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mod: okay, let's stop there
    We're not going to endorse anything like what you guys just did. If I see any more of it, you'll be getting carded or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That works out 1000 a month for a bedsit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Grayson wrote: »
    That works out 1000 a month for a bedsit....

1080 give or take :)

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    1080 give or take :)

Jaysus, if ever there was a reason for a property crash.

Tombi! wrote: »
    mod: okay, let's stop there
    We're not going to endorse anything like what you guys just did. If I see any more of it, you'll be getting carded or worse.
    in fairness, if you publish a page on the Internet, whether that's a comment on the journal, an article in the Telegraph,
    A blog post, or an absurd advertisement, you are availing of an open audience, which naturally invites criticism as well as a favourable response.

I find it rather strange that we should freely criticise this content, but cannot gently inform the author of content that relates to their production on an openly accessible forum.

So we are not to be infracted for lampooning, but for sharing information?

And you guys wonder why this site is dying.

Control the criticism all you like. But this is a public forum. The criticism is freely available to view.

The idea of penalising a user for sharing a link to this forum, is bizarre. Think about what that implies for a public forum.

in fairness, if you publish a page on the Internet, whether that's a comment on the journal, an article in the Telegraph,
    A blog post, or an absurd advertisement, you are availing of an open audience, which naturally invites criticism as well as a favourable response.

I find it rather strange that we should freely criticise this content, but cannot gently inform the author of content that relates to their production on an openly accessible forum.

So we are not to be infracted for lampooning, but for sharing information?

And you guys wonder why this site is dying.

Control the criticism all you like. But this is a public forum. The criticism is freely available to view.

The idea of penalising a user for sharing a link to this forum, is bizarre. Think about what that implies for a public forum.

There's a difference between talking about it here and trolling her by contacting her. I think that's what the mod warning was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I think so too. There's a difference between taking the absolute p*** here and then rubbing it directly into her face. If she sees it on her own actions, it's her thing and it's a free world, people can mostly say or write what they like, which is good, but to send her the link is somehow OTT. At the end of the day we just know her ad from the internet, but we still don't know this lady in person, they are all presumptions about her.

Grayson wrote: »
    There's a difference between talking about it here and trolling her by contacting her. I think that's what the mod warning was about.

Well, personally, I wasn't trolling her and resent the implication. I regretted mentioning it on here afterwards as can be seen by later posts of mine, but I certainly don't regret emailing her. The ad made me genuinely pissed off and was in the public domain. I sent no link to this thread and wouldn't have done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Well, personally, I wasn't trolling her and resent the implication. I regretted mentioning it on here afterwards as can be seen by later posts of mine, but I certainly don't regret emailing her. The ad made me genuinely pissed off and was in the public domain. I sent no link to this thread and wouldn't have done so.

I think this website/fourm is open to a lot of attacks from libel and such, so I assume as well as a concern of the person being harassed, that they don't want people connecting boards to it.

I disagree with her listing, and yes a few well written emails should have made her change her tune, or at least reconsider what she is offering.
    But not to turn into an attack.

failinis wrote: »
    I think this website/fourm is open to a lot of attacks from libel and such, so I assume as well as a concern of the person being harassed, that they don't want people connecting boards to it.

I disagree with her listing, and yes a few well written emails should have made her change her tune, or at least reconsider what she is offering.
    But not to turn into an attack.

Well, I had no intention of doing so. My post on the subject resonated with a lot of people too. I think if I was a troll, that wouldn't have happened. So I'm happy to say it was a mistake to post that I had emailed her. But I'm not happy with being called a troll. :)

And IMO, if boards.ie are worried about libel, why is a thread openly mocking ads allowed in the first place? There is always a possibility that people will be contacted because of this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Well, I had no intention of doing so. My post on the subject resonated with a lot of people too. I think if I was a troll, that wouldn't have happened. So I'm happy to say it was a mistake to post that I had emailed her. But I'm not happy with being called a troll. :)

And IMO, if boards.ie are worried about libel, why is a thread openly mocking ads allowed in the first place? There is always a possibility that people will be contacted because of this page.

I know you, and everyone else here had no intention of verbally attacking her, but she may feel differently receiving a few emails complaining about the cut of her jib :p
    Most houses here are kept on here, unless people are contacted quietly, yeah there is always a risk but I see why the Mod came in on this one.

Now, someone find another crying chair and get the thread back on track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We just have a thread. They have a whole website!

http://www.worstroom.com/

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭timmyntc

endacl wrote: »

..I just spent 5 minutes looking at that link thinking 'Wor stroom? what is wor stroom?' ....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

timmyntc wrote: »
    ..I just spent 5 minutes looking at that link thinking 'Wor stroom? what is wor stroom?' ....:pac:

Yeah well... be glad you are not Dutch then, otherwise you might have gone translating and you would end up with:

Worst = Sausage
    Room = cream

Sausagecream......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

endacl wrote: »

Wow, this is some gem!

http://www.worstroom.com/post/109033952782/bedford-stuyvesant-brooklyn-30000-cozy-28

Billy86 wrote: »

"Would suit serial killer. No couples. Rent allowance not accepted".

x

tara73 wrote: »
    x

You do know there's a 'delete post' function, Tara?

:pac:

no, I do not know there's a 'delete post' function, endacl. But I would be happy as a pig in the mud if you would be so kind to tell me where I can find this ? :)

oh, I just found it. How happy I am now...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Not sure has this cropped up before, using a lovin Dublin link to preserve the pics for the future.

700 bucks for a portacabin. Looks cold, even on a day like today

https://lovindublin.com/lifestyle/property/this-actual-trailer-in-donabate-is-going-for-700-rent-a-month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fran1985 wrote: »
    Not sure has this cropped up before, using a lovin Dublin link to preserve the pics for the future.

700 bucks for a portacabin. Looks cold, even on a day like today

https://lovindublin.com/lifestyle/property/this-actual-trailer-in-donabate-is-going-for-700-rent-a-month
    civilised people who love seaside walks, cliff walks,"
    Yep, walk of a cliff if you pay 700 a month for that heap of scrap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement