Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If I remember right, the 071 area code is now a much larger area than just Sligo (Sligo used to be just 071). 071 91 is Sligo, 071 96 is Leitrim I think.
    Kamili wrote: »
    Ah sorry I didn't cop you meant the 071 96 section, apologies!

https://www.daft.ie/leitrim/estate-agents/ballinamore/blueskyballinmore/

You could just, you know, click on the auctioneers name on the ad to have confirmed! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

blackwhite wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/leitrim/estate-agents/ballinamore/blueskyballinmore/

You could just, you know, click on the auctioneers name on the ad to have confirmed! :pac:

In this thread we have properties described as delightful where there is nothing in them bar a crying chair and a stained mattress. Logic has no place here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

In this thread we have properties described as delightful where there is nothing in them bar a crying chair and a stained mattress. Logic has no place here.

With the shortage of places though, people are willing to pay a high price.

Feel very sorry for any student who will be looking for accommodation soon.

Remember some god awful places back in the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

With the shortage of places though, people are willing to pay a high price.

Feel very sorry for any student who will be looking for accommodation soon.

Remember some god awful places back in the day.

Believe me, I know well. It was only a couple of months ago I was looking for a place in Dublin. I was living on the other side of the country at the time. Such a pain in the ass to have to spend the day travelling to Dublin to look at a place just to find out it was a shíthole or have it go to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Spotted this one in Kerry. Its your usual run down "fixer-upper" out in the middle of nowhere. However the layout in some of the pictures is "odd", check out picture number 4. It looks like a shower is in the middle of the sitting room.

https://www.daft.ie/kerry/houses-for-sale/moyvane/upper-aughrim-moyvane-kerry-1275990/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

^^^

Shudder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

My wife actually went to view that place about 3 months ago...said it was ok but a little small, but for the asking price it was fine. Wonder why it is still on sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Unpossible wrote: »
    Spotted this one in Kerry. Its your usual run down "fixer-upper" out in the middle of nowhere. However the layout in some of the pictures is "odd", check out picture number 4. It looks like a shower is in the middle of the sitting room.

https://www.daft.ie/kerry/houses-for-sale/moyvane/upper-aughrim-moyvane-kerry-1275990/

What the actual fúck? Jaysus, you'd have to be fair depressed to buy that dump.

That seems like a dream come true for someone that likes to fix places up. Sure, it needs a lot of work, but for what you're getting, €55,000 doesn't seem too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Lost positively Soviet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭RayCon

Nothing a bulldozer wouldn't fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pic 4 for future reference.

Those adds sometimes last shorter than snow in the sahara, install gyazo and even the most computer illiterate person can screenshot the **** out of these ads

inforfun wrote: »
    Pic 4 for future reference.

Those adds sometimes last shorter than snow in the sahara, install gyazo and even the most computer illiterate person can screenshot the **** out of these ads

In fairness, that could have been put in for mobility sake.

Or maybe someone just really wanted to watch TV as they shower.

Well, the way the 2 chairs are lined up..... i think it is to watch people shower.
    Budget peepshow

It's a shower-itting room. Sorted

It's a shower-itting room. Sorted

A sh1tting room?

Oh.
    Wait.

inforfun wrote: »
    A sh1tting room?

Oh.
    Wait.

:D:D I was going to go down that route, but said no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

There's a toilet and sink beside that shower too :eek: photo 11 is the same room as photo 4

There's a toilet and sink beside that shower too :eek: photo 11 is the same room as photo 4

I think number 11 is a different room, but can't be certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I think number 11 is a different room, but can't be certain.

You can see the toilet in photo 4, it shows over the arm of the couch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I'd say it was put in for an elderly person who couldn't afford a full on bathroom. In comparison to most of the stuff on this thread that house is nice! Obv needs lot of money spent on modernising but not a dive and only small money!

You can see the toilet in photo 4, it shows over the arm of the couch :D

Ah yes, I see it.

Eh.. my room in somewhere I lived had an en suite and if you positioned the TV in my room just right, you could watch it as you took a dump.

So I'm in favour of sh1tting and watching TV at the same time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'd say it was put in for an elderly person who couldn't afford a full on bathroom. In comparison to most of the stuff on this thread that house is nice! Obv needs lot of money spent on modernising but not a dive and only small money!

I thought the the same, the shower has a stool (don't make the obvious joke!) and a hand rail. I'd say it was a cheaply done downstairs conversion for sombody with mobility issues who needed a more self contained living enviornment but didn't have much money, the picture makes me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I was going to say the same Conorhal, makes me sad, looking at that house. An older person living alone. An executor's sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's definitely a dive, it looks like it suffers from serious damp and has absolutely no insulation. You'd almost be better off with a green field site with the amount of money you'd have to sink into it.

With planning permission so difficult to get on a greenfield site, this type of property is good value for money, knock and replace!
    Planning to replace is much easier to get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Obv needs lot of money spent on modernising but not a dive and only small money!

The place needs to be rewired, new plumbing and heating, new windows, doors, insulation, kitchens, bathrooms, plastering, etc. etc.

You'd be looking at between 60k - 100k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The place needs to be rewired, new plumbing and heating, new windows, doors, insulation, kitchens, bathrooms, plastering, etc. etc.

You'd be looking at between 60k - 100k.

I know that. But when your purchase price is 55k even going with your conservative estimate you have a house ready to go for 150k.

• Advertisement

I know that. But when your purchase price is 55k even going with your conservative estimate you have a house ready to go for 150k.
    Rural Ireland is full of €150k bungalows that are ready to move into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement