Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

BASHIR wrote: »
    Rent a car, no not the usual way though. :eek:

lol! That's fecking mental! I wonder if its serious or a piss take?

So presumably the tenant will be given the keys so they can lock & unlock the van. What's to stop them starting up and going for a drive? Bonkers.

Musketeer4 wrote: »

So presumably the tenant will be given the keys so they can lock & unlock the van. What's to stop them starting up and going for a drive? Bonkers.

Unfortunately not in parts of California, the median family home in San Jose is now almost $1 million. San Francisco, LA is just as bleak for people on the bottom of the income ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Musketeer4 wrote: »

unfortunately, I think it's not uncommon for people to live in a car in the US. saw a documentary how people lived when the recession started in 2008. there was a mom with two young kids living in a station wagon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

He should stick that ad up on a dogging site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

tara73 wrote: »
    unfortunately, I think it's not uncommon for people to live in a car in the US. saw a documentary how people lived when the recession started in 2008. there was a mom with two young kids living in a station wagon..

The Green Bay Packers in the NFL had a guy called Donald Driver, who fans loved... always happy, smiling, etc, made a number of 'Pro Bowls' (like the Premier League 'team of the season' equivalent) and holds a number of records with the club, retired about 5 years back. He was probably so happy in part because of where he came from, living out of a U-Haul moving van for quite a while as a child/young teen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The landing pad is for the rescue helicopter to take you back to the mental hospital/morgue on the mainland after a few months.

I'd say so. My first thought after looking at the exterior pictures was the Agatha Christie story 'And Then There Were None.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

A wooden something (chalet? posh shed? ) in Lusk with a ghostly estate agent for company in pic 7.
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/lusk/minister-park-lusk-dublin-1670685/
    Ad starts with "************BILL INCLUDED*********** " I suppose you'd get used to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

zef wrote: »
    A wooden something (chalet? posh shed? ) in Lusk with a ghostly estate agent for company in pic 7.
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/lusk/minister-park-lusk-dublin-1670685/
    Ad starts with "************BILL INCLUDED*********** " I suppose you'd get used to him.

Flicking through the pic's i was thinking, jeez its a bit small alright, then BAM. Shower in the corner of the bedroom.... W.T.F?

I feel sorry for people who have to take these crappy places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,020 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At least on a cold winter's night you can set the washing machine and tumble dryer on at the same time and warm yourself with the fire that quickly consumes the entire shack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Previous occupier must have been big into the mega hot curries, can't think of any other reason why you would need a fire extinguisher outside the toilet.

Also, is that some sort of containment area just beside the outside door. Maybe visitors have to be checked for flammable items before they are allowed to enter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mackman wrote: »
    Flicking through the pic's i was thinking, jeez its a bit small alright, then BAM. Shower in the corner of the bedroom.... W.T.F?

Yeah...in 2 minds on that shower thing. 1 of them the perv mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deenameh

Mackman wrote: »

That has to be a safe distance away from the TV and other electrical fixtures right? Not to mention the build up of condensation and damp in the bedroom! WTF indeed!! How is this stuff even legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I think this has come up for sale before.

Anyone for the island life...?

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/bunbeg/tory-island-bunbeg-donegal-1294945/

Nomis21 wrote: »
    I think this has come up for sale before.

Anyone for the island life...?

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/bunbeg/tory-island-bunbeg-donegal-1294945/
    Are the Gaeltacht refurbishment grants still going?

You could easily knock €20,000 off the price of a rundown house with the Gaeltacht housing grants, and then refurb the place at your leisure. A house on Tory for about €10k*. Not bad at all.

*You'd have to be nominally living there, and be a semi-decent Irish speaker of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You'd have to listen to the king and his poetry and his fecking accordion every time a boat lands though...not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

retalivity wrote: »
    You'd have to listen to the king and his poetry and his fecking accordion every time a boat lands though...not worth it.

Dont go there Bambi....... Sounds more like that moment when Father Jack becomes sober and realises that he is still on that island!!!

I am sure there are tax advantages but ...... you wouldnt get me near the gaeltacht for love nor money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dont go there Bambi....... Sounds more like that moment when Father Jack becomes sober and realises that he is still on that island!!!

I am sure there are tax advantages but ...... you wouldnt get me near the gaeltacht for love nor money.

Cén fadh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Cén fadh?

Gaelic Nazi Irish teacher in School tried to change the vocational school into a Gaelscoil and got every teachers back up. It all ened up badly for him when he had a run in with the local papers and it all ended up in court and he and the principal got dismissed ........ He thought the only subject that was thought at the school at honours level was Irish. Parents were terrified of him.Gombeen man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Fair play for the quick response.
    I'll do a bit of Googling later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Normal looking semi-detached but the owners have been drinking the Kool-Aid in pic 8:

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/17-temple-manor-grove-walkinstown-dublin-12/3120577

That gaf is f***ing beautiful! :eek:

...and I actually love the Kool Aid feature. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Billy86 wrote: »
    That gaf is f***ing beautiful! :eek:

...and I actually love the Kool Aid feature. :o
    Gorgeous house, Kool aid gave me a shock all right but it's kind of cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I think that's absolutely class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I love the Kool Aid Gaf, its stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Kool Aid gaff is a LOT smaller than it looks, that living room is tiny. Very creative use of wide angle shots there!

The hole in the wall is excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Kool Aid gaff is a LOT smaller than it looks, that living room is tiny. Very creative use of wide angle shots there!

that is true, its in Walkinstown, so not a hope of a lot of room!

Boo, shut up!! :mad:

All hail president Kool Aid Gaff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭cml387

The only thing that would improve that was if the mirror was in the shape of the cat out of Tom and Jerry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I like the hole in the wall but I don't think it suits the house. It would be suited to a very modern art deco type place, like a NY apartment or something. A 3 bed semi in Dublin it just looks a bit out of place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement