Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I somehow doubt there's many private water schemes in Foxrock :eek:

Ye never know! It could be that they can't drink the water in the house either so they buy in water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

...__... wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/foxrock/bray-road-foxrock-dublin-906725/

Straight away breaking the law no heating I was interested right up till then :(
    You have to admire their honesty though:
    House is fairly run down and there is no heating, hence the cheap rent.
    I'm wondering meself if it's a squat ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

...__... wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/foxrock/bray-road-foxrock-dublin-906725/

Straight away breaking the law no heating I was interested right up till then :(

Open fire qualifies as heating, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Anyone renting or even anyone who owns an apartment, can any of you hear your neighbours talk and some nights snore lol ? I've always wondered is this a majority of apartments or the last few that were fired up at the end of the boom.

Yep. Me and my neighbours both have 4 year olds that have full blown conversations with each other every day, from our adjoining main bedrooms, particularly clearer if our windows are open. you can hear mutual phone alarms, ensuite flushing, everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nice house, owner occupied and just €850 per month however....
    It's a house share, but like I said in the ad - because the room (which is large) comes with its own couch and TV the sitting room downstairs is just for me. Also, as it's ensuite, the other bathroom is mine. Make sense?

Happy to show you the house if you're interested.

At least you can use the kitchen with him watching now doubt....

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/chapelizod/riverrun-33-martins-row-chapelizod-dublin-899814/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's a house share, but like I said in the ad - because the room (which is large) comes with its own couch and TV the sitting room downstairs is just for me. Also, as it's ensuite, the other bathroom is mine. Make sense?

Happy to show you the house if you're interested.

At least you can use the kitchen with him watching no doubt....

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/chapelizod/riverrun-33-martins-row-chapelizod-dublin-899814/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

RasTa wrote: »

Not allowed to have guests either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Just....?

€900 if you include bills. That's crazy money for a house share!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Just....?

€900 if you include bills. That's crazy money for a house share!

yeah, and for that money you can sit in your room, watch tv, no interaction with the flatmate (owner...), no guests allowed and probably feeling uncomfortable making a tea in the kitchen, let alone cooking in it.
    and chapelizod is not exactly close to the city center or much amenities.

what a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

what an absolute fckr of a landlord. 900 with no parking, and no use of the living room??

and what's that big light beside the piano for? it looks like one of those that shytebags use to take selfies while posing and pouting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What a time to be alive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭blackwhite

At least you can use the kitchen with him watching no doubt....

Ad changed this morning

Hi Edward!!! :D

blackwhite wrote: »
    Ad changed this morning

Hi Edward!!! :D

what changed??? for me it reads the same..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That is why gyazo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's less a house share and more a tiny bedsit that you have to walk through someone else's house to get to, really, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's been 8 years since the last crash. Crashes happen about every 8 years. If the guy is expecting to be able to rent a room for that much to cover rent he's going to be fcuked when the next crash happens.

tara73 wrote: »
    what changed??? for me it reads the same..

No mention in it now of not being allowed use the sitting room or bathroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Still says it:
    Room comes with couch and TV, so sitting room is for my own use.

It's just been toned down a bit, far as memory serves.

brembo26 wrote: »
    Still says it:

I don't know how I missed that! :o

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »
    I don't know how I missed that! :o
    was probably your strong subconcious wish for the goodness in people to come out...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It reminds me of the one that was posted here recently for a 'share' in Adamstown, where the potential tenant would be scarcely allowed to breathe in the apartment. They had a private balcony and a library though :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

LynnGrace wrote: »
    It reminds me of the one that was posted here recently for a 'share' in Adamstown, where the potential tenant would be scarcely allowed to breathe in the apartment. They had a private balcony and a library though :rolleyes:.

And if I recall correctly, were not allowed access to the kitchen (or was it just washing up facilities?) as well as being expected to vacate the premises on weekends. I hope that person got hundreds of prank calls and no shows, this one too. Just a scummy disregard for other people, and people they'd be living with at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Ya'd have to be some oddball to sit there watching tv knowing theres someone sitting directly above ya in their room doin the same and not want to chat or talk to them or even have a sneaky tuesday night beer with them. Reluctant landlord or not its just weird to think that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

Fran1985 wrote: »
    its just weird to think that way.
    You mean the "I want money and hate other people" way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

serfboard wrote: »
    You mean the "I want money and hate other people" way?

people will do anything for money, this thread is full of it.

Unfortunately people are so stuck with the rental market the way it is, they have little choice and landlords like this take advantage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It is a lovely house in fairness, if a bit 'old money'.

He sounds like a prize prat.

was thinking about it and in fairness, there are some people out there who would be fine with such arrangements.

a guy who works in Dublin during the week, going home to his family or friends on weekends, winding down in the evening, absolutely fine with no social interaction (would actually be a hassle for him), just his tv, no desire for cooking at all. eating out all the time or taking home takeaways.
    And I actually think it's not as rare as one would think. but place still massively expensive for such an arrangement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,677 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Billy86 wrote: »
    And if I recall correctly, were not allowed access to the kitchen (or was it just washing up facilities?)

I think you had to leave your cups outside the door, beside the 'library'.

• Advertisement

Another one of those "I don't really want to rent my room but i have to but I'm in denial about it so just give me the money and stay away from me" adds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement