Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

ciaradx wrote: »
    House for rent in Cork. Have a look at the sitting room. I know it's a student house but surely a couch doesn't cost that much? :)

http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/property/mount-carmel/#

Ah FFS! the landlord can't be serious!!! :D:D:D What happens if someone with a huge arse comes visiting and gets stuck> :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

My 1st flat was 140 a week back in 2005

its was 2 rooms- kitchen and sitting room together- and bedroom and bathroom together- there was literly a room divider (the chinese ones) between the bed and the toilet

at the time i didnt care cos i was 18 and thick and i just wanted freeddom but now looking back i was some dope paying that for that flat!

and heres a sketch:D think of a big country kitchen- and that was the size of the whole place:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

are these people f*cking deluded?

Heat and internet included, in phibsboro. I have seen plenty worse, that is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

I remember my houseshare, Near DCU in 2006...

80 quid a week. bills included.

the sitting room was converted into a bedroom for 2,
    garage was a bedroom for two,
    there was a single bed in with the boiler...
    think we had 12 persons 'living' there. More if we take into account the revolving door policy. I moved in half an hour before the girl moved out.
    Thankfully downstairs loo had a shower installed, so us living on the ground floor didnt have to go up stairs ever!
    Tiniest kitchen. learned to eat stuff a student shouldnt have to, just from lack of cooking time and cooking utensils.
    Pasta and burgers cooked in same pot+water not a rare sight.

Mental not even the word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

charlemont wrote: »
    No, Its being scrapped, It was due several years ago around 2009/2009 but it won't be happening now, Some landlords here that had stopped renting out bedsits few years back waiting for the law to change have reopened those bedsits for rent. That's what happens when you have shíte public representative's.

It is being scrapped? Since when? There has been no amendment to the Statutory Instrument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Heat and internet included, in phibsboro. I have seen plenty worse, that is actually quite good.

I'm sorry, but I would rather live in a tent or a hostel than fork over that amount on pure principle, especially these days with everyone fleeing this sinking country.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Came across this one today, bargain for €750, even comes with a free knife!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1226595

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

What's wrong with it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The knife sticking out of the wall in the first picture is amusing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

Ah thanks for that, couldnt find it at first but when i did it made me laugh out loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

What's wrong with it?

It appears to be a shed, there's a knife stuck into the front of it and whoever is renting it out didn't even bother cleaning up.

Also, where the hoover is gave us a few giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

I like this one, although why can't they just take photos of what the place actually looks like although I like the photographers eye for detail I don't care how lonely the first image looks.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1212543

The photographer is a midget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I like this one, although why can't they just take photos of what the place actually looks like although I like the photographers eye for detail I don't care how lonely the first image looks.
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1212543

Also I'm pretty sure I've seen that bed shot somewhere before..
    http://artcatssummer.tumblr.com/post/22788239141/felix-gonzalez-torres-untitled-1991-felix
    oh god, the first one looks like an advert for depression awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wouldn't be surprised if Jason Voorhies stuck his head out the door

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

LisaLee wrote: »

lol at the randomly placed argos mirror on the back of the kitchen door..LL must have watched loads of them house doctor shows 10 yrs ago where she used to put mirrors everywhere to make the places "look bigger" :p
    I had that same tv as in the bedroom in my first flat in 1998!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

emzolita wrote: »
    oh god, the first one looks like an advert for depression awareness.

One of those forever alone heads wouldn't look amiss on that ad there at all!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

LisaLee wrote: »

Some Russians and Italians hold the superstition that sticking a knife near the door wards of evil. Maybe that's what the knife is about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Some Russians and Italians hold the superstition that sticking a knife near the door wards of evil. Maybe that's what the knife is about?

Id say its stuck into the door lock cos someone lost the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I missed the knife! I'd say it's stuck in the door because it's where duggy lived with that housemate...

Me thinks I've been on boards too long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Two friends are chatting on the way from town to person one's house.

Renter: "I love my little house"

Friend: "But its small"

Renter: "Its more quaint than small"

Friend: "It looks like a shed.."

Renter: "Its my quaint little log cabin in the city."

Friend: "DCU is not in the city and its definitely a converted shed."

Renter: "It doesnt matter, i love it anyway."

They approach the 'house'

Friend: "Someone has stuck a knife in the wall..."

Renter: "... Time to move."

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

ciaradx wrote: »
    House for rent in Cork. Have a look at the sitting room. I know it's a student house but surely a couch doesn't cost that much? :)

http://www.uccaccommodation.ie/property/mount-carmel/#

This is ****ing weird. That was my Grans house till she died 10 years ago and my old man sold it on! It was a little nicer back in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I missed the knife! I'd say it's stuck in the door because it's where duggy lived with that housemate...

Me thinks I've been on boards too long...

pfft..in the last apartment I lived in the lobby door had a bullet hole in the glass...it knocked out a perfect little glob of glass too, very interesting to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

bluewolf wrote: »
    holy jaysus
    don't be too hasty... I hear Josef Fritzl designed it, so there's more than meets the eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

hardCopy wrote: »

Haha! It even has a number....73....does that mean there's at least 72 other sheds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

hardCopy wrote: »

and i thought the apartment i viewed few weeks back with no windows was bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

lol...theyve changed the photos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

retalivity wrote: »
    lol...theyve changed the photos...

Someone must have checked the thread!

*looks at letting agents name*

Hi Candy! :)

Looking at the new pics its not much better. You're basically living in a conservatory. Which can't be much warmer than a shed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement