Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Got a laugh out of this...
    http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-rent/galway-city-centre/34-munster-ave-galway-city-centre-galway-1665716/

Mainly for the pre-requisites. Remember, this is for a whole (short term) rental, not a share
    About the profile, please DO NOT contact us if you have any of the following conditions:
    - 2 friends wanting to live together
    - young students
    - People with other animals
    - Not suitable for parent with child
    - you never lived in Galway
    - no fluent english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Found this American house for sale on Facebook. The interior decoration is, eh, interesting, to say the least......

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-Brentwood-Dr-Avon-CT-06001/59011376_zpid/#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

eviltwin wrote: »
    Found this American house for sale on Facebook. The interior decoration is, eh, interesting, to say the least......

That looks like the set of a horror movie.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    That looks like the set of a horror movie.

Looks like the kitchen is painted in blood

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

JohnCleary wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-rent/galway-city-centre/34-munster-ave-galway-city-centre-galway-1665716/

Mainly for the pre-requisites. Remember, this is for a whole (short term) rental, not a share

They are looking for someone to take care of their cats, so it's understandable that they're fussier than they might otherwise be. Don't know what the fluent English or having to be from Galway is about, though. Maybe the cats are very picky about these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

twill wrote: »
    They are looking for someone to take care of their cats, so it's understandable that they're fussier than they might otherwise be. Don't know what the fluent English or having to be from Galway is about, though. Maybe the cats are very picky about these things.

That's what I was getting at :D Cat must only want to speak with intellectual, English speaking crusties (i'm from Galway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

WTF! There's two photos of cats in there, do they come with the house. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

WTF! There's two photos of cats in there, do they come with the house. :confused:

They do. You pay the owners for the privilege of being their pet/house sitter.

Clever scheme!

Clever scheme!

Not nearly as clever as the caretakers in the caravan scheme though. This would actually be very pleasant for some people!

..."with a queen size comfortable memory foam mattressed bed.."

Well, if the cats can't give you the low-down on these "interesting" landlords, maybe we can get the bed to talk:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Unique one of a kind finishing completed by a professional!
    A professional what though?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

foggy_lad wrote: »
    A professional what though?

Professional coppersmith. Unfortunately one day he was doing some work at home and his crucible exploded, coating the entire interior in globs of liquid bronze. And weird shimmery fabric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Toots wrote: »
    Professional coppersmith. Unfortunately one day he was doing some work at home and his crucible exploded, coating the entire interior in globs of liquid bronze. And weird shimmery fabric.
    Looks like the home of an Indian to me, South American or native North American Indian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That is some of the strangest **** I've seen in a while. I can't even...wtf?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Clever scheme!

It's up ever year too! Must be working out for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

My partner and I and one of our children are allergic to cats (partner also to dogs). When we went househunting we couldn't believe how many sellers would include photographs of their pets in the listings. Nothing makes me click "next" faster than someone thinking their pet was so special that it was worthy of inclusion in their estate agent listing pics, knowing that if we went to view we'd be sneezing and scratching with our eyes running in no time, and that the moving in process would be worse. I know that particular listing was for a rental/cat sitting arrangement but a heads up: if you're trying to sell or rent your house roughly one in five people (and about 50% of people with asthma) are likely to click away simply because of your pet photos. Keep them outside when you're taking the pics at least, is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Nomis21 wrote:
    Do you think it includes breakfast?

Am I missing something here or is this selling a room in the hotel?
    How does that work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doesnt look like it has been built by Ron Swanson's Very Good Building and Development Cp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My partner and I and one of our children are allergic to cats (partner also to dogs). When we went househunting we couldn't believe how many sellers would include photographs of their pets in the listings. Nothing makes me click "next" faster than someone thinking their pet was so special that it was worthy of inclusion in their estate agent listing pics, knowing that if we went to view we'd be sneezing and scratching with our eyes running in no time, and that the moving in process would be worse. I know that particular listing was for a rental/cat sitting arrangement but a heads up: if you're trying to sell or rent your house roughly one in five people (and about 50% of people with asthma) are likely to click away simply because of your pet photos. Keep them outside when you're taking the pics at least, is my advice.

Seem to be missing the point though, they include those pictures because they want to keep people with allergies/who don't like pets away.

Be a bit of a waste of time if you travelled all the way to a viewing only to realise that you can't move in as they've a load of pets which you're allergic to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nomis21 wrote: »

How does this work? Are you granted a right of way through the hotel? Do you have to insure it yourself, pay property tax on it yourself etc? What happens if the hotel is sold? Who pays water rates, electricity etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭vandriver

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How does this work? Are you granted a right of way through the hotel? Do you have to insure it yourself, pay property tax on it yourself etc? What happens if the hotel is sold? Who pays water rates, electricity etc?
    It's a ridiculously bad ad.Sloppy in details(map location wrong,Clonskeagh wrong) and I'm assuming there is some scheme where the hotel pays you a yearly rate for use of the room(not that the ad is letting on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

is situated in leafy Ballsbridge. It is within close proximity of bars, restaurants, parks and within striking distance of The IFSC,

I dont know but if you can strike anything from Ballsbridge into the IFSC and you dont get paid for that (baseball, football, golf) you are doing something terribly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can you let out the hotel room yourself? Would be worth a few quid when there's a big concert in Croker/Aviva.

Does the guest have use of the hotel facilities? It is listed as an investment opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

buying a hotel room as an investment

It does generally come with the right to use the room on fixed dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

crazyguy01 wrote: »
    Am I missing something here or is this selling a room in the hotel?
    How does that work??
    Maybe they're targeting the "prostitutes who want to get a foot on the property ladder" market?

70,000 for a bedroom. I have no words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

70,000 for a bedroom. I have no words.

I can't get my head around that one. Linen changes included? What about the little bottles of shower gel?

It's nowhere near Clonskeagh... I've stayed there; it's handy for the Aviva/ IPA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I asked myself if it is even allowed per law??? It is a hotel. How come one can sell now rooms in a hotel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It's a commercial sale so it would come down to the agreement of the purchase. Most likely there's an annual return based on the occupancy and profit, so say the room is €150/night average and it has 60% occupancy with a 20% margin and the agreement is for half the profit margin, it would work out at about 5% ROI per year.

Those are just example figures. I'm not sure how these agreements work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement