Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

Special offer for this weekend:

http://www.daft.ie/11338250

Only 3 beds- must be very big beds:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

See pic 9.... tis like Silent Hill in this gaffe.

_Promenade House_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

THIS STORY IS FICTION. HOWEVER WE DO SELL HOUSES. WE ARE VERY GOOD AT IT TOO SO CALL US TODAY. HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEKEND FROM RE/MAX GALWAY

fake ad to raise ReMax publicity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

That is just depressing. If that's what you get for your money to live and work in Dublin, I'd move to Ahascragh and go on the dole.

There are two houses for sale in Ahascragh:

http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/ahascragh/loonaghton-ahascragh-galway-1272515/

http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/ahascragh/loonachtan-ahascragh-galway-1098521/

Looks like both ads are for the same house but have wildly different prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The dearer house has had wooden flooring added as well as 3 rooms in the attic space and other finishing touches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The dearer house has had wooden flooring added as well as 3 rooms in the attic space and other finishing touches.

I had thought that booth were separate houses but....

Throwing it into a google search brings up sites both with the same address.
    There's nothing else along that road.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4427895,-8.3606694,3a,75y,158h,70.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4zrX3_L0_zLi0XFoFDDLmQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

Also the one that has the extra stuff has no photo's of the inside you can't verify it.

Of course I could be wrong. It's possible a local developer has two sites and built identical looking houses on both. And then decided to sell them through separate agencies.

I'd say that the site belonged to the house next door and they've listed it twice.

One house was listed in August 2015 and the other in Aug 2016, It's the same house (look at the garage).
    looks like an abandoned development that has been resurrected and finished off in the hope of recovering the initial investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

looks like an abandoned development that has been resurrected and finished off
    ... with Celtic Tiger 2.0 pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Ahascragh:

Now there's a name that sounds like a sneeze.

Now there's a name that sounds like a sneeze.

It was the place they pretended to be from on Don't feed the Gondolas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Grayson wrote: »
    It was the place they pretended to be from on Don't feed the Gondolas.

It is the place the host Sean Moncrieff is kinda from, hence the jokes on Don't Feed the Gondolas.

BTW the place has given the world Philip Treacy, and such politicians as mary harney, eamon gilmore and ronan mullan.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jmayo wrote: »
    It is the place the host Sean Moncrieff is kinda from, hence the jokes on Don't Feed the Gondolas.

BTW the place has given the world Philip Treacy, and such politicians as mary harney, eamon gilmore and ronan mullan.

No wonder the house isn't selling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,678 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And if you look at RIP.ie at least three people a week seem to die there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

And if you look at RIP.ie at least three people a week seem to die there.

That escalated quickly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Tramore Chalet at a snip

People this little fixer upper is just new to the market.... wouldnt you just love to get your hands on this little snug home away from home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Tramore Chalet at a snip

People this little fixer upper is just new to the market.... wouldnt you just love to get your hands on this little snug home away from home?

:eek::eek: ir just looks like someones garden shed!! So desirable :D

:eek::eek: ir just looks like someones garden shed!! So desirable :D

and only a snip at €70k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

derelict semi detached single storey dwelling

I do not think that counts as a "dwelling". Also a BER of G? Is that even on the scale? With no roof to speak of and comprised of all windows, I'm not surprised that it's not good at keeping in the heat. :eek:

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I do not think that counts as a "dwelling". Also a BER of G? Is that even on the scale? With no roof to speak of and comprised of all windows, I'm not surprised that it's not good at keeping in the heat. :eek:

I think you lack imagination, think of all that fresh salty sea air, the health benefits for someone with emphisemia. I am not saying the place isnt a bit of a fixer upper but just imagine the possibilities. Isnt that the sort of place you would like to spend your final days in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think you lack imagination, think of all that fresh salty sea air, the health benefits for someone with emphisemia. I am not saying the place isnt a bit of a fixer upper but just imagine the possibilities. Isnt that the sort of place you would like to spend your final days in?
    Maybe if I was a weird old cat lady. There'd be plenty of access points for the cats at least!

This is why I'm not an estate agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

and only a snip at €70k
    That's Advised Minimum Value (AMV) - which means they're selling it at auction and expect to get more!

serfboard wrote: »
    That's Advised Minimum Value (AMV) - which means they're selling it at auction and expect to get more!

That is why you should have gotten your bid in early

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Tramore Chalet at a snip

There is taking the pi** and then there is property in Ireland. :(
    sabat wrote: »

Well we know that the residents are lads and the estate agent doesn't give a rats ar** since they couldn't even be bothered putting down the toilet seat.

So much information from one little ad.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Tramore Chalet at a snip

I don't think they've done anything wrong with this one? It's being sold as a site, not a residence. The ad is very upfront that the building on there is derelict. It's almost certain that whoever buys it will knock it and build an entirely new house, but with the advantage of having an easier time getting planning permission and a town centre location.

Maybe it's overpriced, I wouldn't have a clue about Tramore prices tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

sabat wrote: »

How on earth can an estate agent take photos like that? Toilet seat up and dirty bowl, bedrooms messy and clutter in all the bathrooms and the circus style ladder of death to the basement.

I know that road well and it's an up and coming area. It could be a great price for great location and a great house (if the back garden is yours). I'd be worried about what troll lives beneath in the basement though.

Big sign of a turn up in economy when estate agents become so bloody lazy in the presentation of a gaff.

@jmayo I'd say it's a house of girls and one is from mayo (the gaa woolen scarf over the wardrobe door handle.

It could be the tenants renting the house now had to take the pictures, so took unflattering ones to (hopefully) extend their stay.
    In reality, at that end of the market, buyers are looking at the fact that there's no rising damp and the like.

A scruffy room isn't going to put them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Tramore Chalet at a snip

This is an even greater snip...

http://www.daft.ie/waterford/studio-apartments-for-sale/tramore/the-chalets-strand-road-tramore-waterford-1337187/

Says no management fees. Is that possible with an apartment?

So who is responsible for the upkeep of the building?

Price is good anyway

http://www.daft.ie/waterford/studio-apartments-for-sale/tramore/the-chalets-strand-road-tramore-waterford-1337187/

Price is good anyway

Have you ever lived in a studio? ..... they are depressing and you have the hum of the fridge.......cooking and sleeping in the same area... bathroom attached? Never again

• Advertisement

Price is good anyway

"The Love Shack"? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement