Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Grayson wrote: »
    "The Love Shack"? :D

you mean a place to take the mistress or the impoverished student during lunch time for an affair? ...... I sound like a creepy Ebeenezer Scrooge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Grayson wrote: »
    "The Love Shack"? :D

At "the Ladies Slip", no less!

ETA: In fact the property is located at the entrance to the Ladies Slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Have you ever lived in a studio? ..... they are depressing and you have the hum of the fridge.......cooking and sleeping in the same area... bathroom attached? Never again
    The property is located at the entrance to The Ladies Slip.
    Go in the sea! It wouldn't meet minimum standards for renting out so no point calling it an apartment, it is a seaside chalet for spending a few days by the sea in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭893bet

jmayo wrote: »

Well we know that the residents are lads and the estate agent doesn't give a rats ar** since they couldn't even be bothered putting down the toilet seat.

So much information from one little ad.

Cash buyers only so god knows what is wrong with the house that they don't want a mortgage/surveyors involved.

893bet wrote: »
    Cash buyers only so god knows what is wrong with the house that they don't want a mortgage/surveyors involved.

I was thinking either someone getting divorced or CAB/Revenue were after them

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It wouldn't meet minimum standards for renting out so no point calling it an apartment,.

I live in a RA appartment and I never once had a visit from city council or social welfare.

I have lived in studios worse than that. they are just the pits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Nomis21 wrote: »
    This is an even greater snip...

http://www.daft.ie/waterford/studio-apartments-for-sale/tramore/the-chalets-strand-road-tramore-waterford-1337187/

Says no management fees. Is that possible with an apartment?

So who is responsible for the upkeep of the building?

Price is good anyway

Only 1.5 hours from Dublin!

Maybe if you're speeding all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

humberklog wrote: »
    How on earth can an estate agent take photos like that? Toilet seat up and dirty bowl, bedrooms messy and clutter in all the bathrooms and the circus style ladder of death to the basement.

I know that road well and it's an up and coming area. It could be a great price for great location and a great house (if the back garden is yours). I'd be worried about what troll lives beneath in the basement though.

Big sign of a turn up in economy when estate agents become so bloody lazy in the presentation of a gaff.

@jmayo I'd say it's a house of girls and one is from mayo (the gaa woolen scarf over the wardrobe door handle.
    It could be the tenants renting the house now had to take the pictures, so took unflattering ones to (hopefully) extend their stay.
    In reality, at that end of the market, buyers are looking at the fact that there's no rising damp and the like.

A scruffy room isn't going to put them off.
    250k looks like a steal there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

How on earth can an estate agent take photos like that? Toilet seat up and dirty bowl, bedrooms messy and clutter in all the bathrooms and the circus style ladder of death to the basement.

I know that road well and it's an up and coming area. It could be a great price for great location and a great house (if the back garden is yours). I'd be worried about what troll lives beneath in the basement though.

Big sign of a turn up in economy when estate agents become so bloody lazy in the presentation of a gaff.

@jmayo I'd say it's a house of girls and one is from mayo (the gaa woolen scarf over the wardrobe door handle.

Well spotted there.
    The auld wool plait waiting for a day out next year.

I didn't think there was anything very "girly" visible.
    Nomis21 wrote: »
    This is an even greater snip...

http://www.daft.ie/waterford/studio-apartments-for-sale/tramore/the-chalets-strand-road-tramore-waterford-1337187/

Says no management fees. Is that possible with an apartment?

So who is responsible for the upkeep of the building?

Price is good anyway

Am I the only one thinking it weird a tv screen is up against the sink where water may splash onto the top of it ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭blackwhite

jmayo wrote: »

I didn't think there was anything very "girly" visible.

The toilet seat would suggest it's not all girls there anyway ;)

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/phibsborough/12-palmerstown-place-phibsborough-dublin-1337138/#img=5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Here's one for you. Pay me a deposit of €15,000, pay my mortgage of €700. I imagine the house stays in his name too, someone will be caught by that with a hand written reciept

http://touch.daft.ie/carlow/houses-for-sale/tullow/the-laurels-tullow-carlow-1343039/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Not dodgy at all... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Is that even legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

maudgonner wrote: »
    Not dodgy at all...

The worst thing is houses in that estate regualarly come up for sale at €50k and €60k a piece so if you have €15k deposit i imagine you wouldn't have too much trouble borrowing the other €35k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Here's one for you. Pay me a deposit of €15,000, pay my mortgage of €700. I imagine the house stays in his name too, someone will be caught by that with a hand written reciept

http://touch.daft.ie/carlow/houses-for-sale/tullow/the-laurels-tullow-carlow-1343039/

What on earth?!
    Give him a 15k deposit and then 700 per month, indefinetly. And you have 7 years to then get your own mortgage.
    But no overall price given.

Some solicitor will have a great time working that one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That can't be legal surely?? Do Daft screen their adverts at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Mollyb60 wrote: »

It's being advertised by an estate agency rather than an individual which is even more strange! Dodgy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Working out the figures, if you stayed the 7 years paying €700.00 per month, you'd have paid €73,800.00 overall. Like someone said, if you have €15k already you'll more than likely get the rest anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Why use a Dublin based auctioneers even? Plenty of them in Carlow, seems bent to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It sounds like the seller is hard up for some quick cash? But if I were to do that I'd need some sort of contract drawn up to prove that it's basically some sort of a let to buy or co-ownership scheme.

I actually bought my house in NI using a co-ownership scheme. The housing association bought 45% of the house, my husband and I got a mortgage to buy the other 55%. So we pay a mortgage and rent with the option to buy out the rest down the line. It's sooooorta the same as this but the association we bought with is government sponsored so it's safer. This is just dodgy as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

That same house was advertised for rent on Daft for €700/month. Must not have got any interest so they are trying to get buyers interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Working out the figures, if you stayed the 7 years paying €700.00 per month, you'd have paid €73,800.00 overall. Like someone said, if you have €15k already you'll more than likely get the rest anyways

It makes no sense (except to the vendor) you would basically be giving away your house deposit 15k and paying someone else's mortgage for 7 years to find yourself in a position where you then need to get a mortgage and having no deposit or saving left.

Imagine explaining that to the bank!! The mind boggles :confused:

You would also wonder what type of person needs 15k so urgently they are willing to give up their house immediately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Couples accepted for a shared bedroom :eek:

Plus the fact that there are two others already in the house, one appears to be an infant, good luck on getting a good nights sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Not that amusing, but very cheap and next to a train station.

Possibly the cheapest and smallest house for sale in Ireland ...

http://www.daft.ie/offaly/houses-for-sale/clara/127-st-patricks-terrace-clara-offaly-1342997/

http://www.daft.ie/wicklow/bungalows-for-sale/greystones/brockagh-kimberley-road-greystones-wicklow-1302961/

Honestly, only really amused me for the first paragraph. That's a great spin they put on it, ie. "We don't often sell dilapidated outhouses".
    Rarely does an opportunity arise to purchase a detached single storey one bedroom property in need of extensive refurbishment on a well-established road synonymous with tremendous convenience located right beside beach and town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

DAFT wrote:
    Here one can literally stroll down to Greystones Marina, beach, DART Station, schools, shops and Greystones town itself where practically every single amenity can be accessed by foot!!!

I live in Dublin 8, i can 'literally' stroll down to greystones marina and 'practically' every amenity (in greystones) is accessible to me by foot - it may take a heap of hours but its as valid as that sentence above.

Such bollocksology.

retalivity wrote: »
    I live in Dublin 8, i can 'literally' stroll down to greystones marina and 'practically' every amenity (in greystones) is accessible to me by foot - it may take a heap of hours but its as valid as that sentence above.

Such bollocksology.

Oh, yeah, I loved the double exclamation!! too. To be fair you could spit and hit the beach from there, and the shops are only a stone's throw.

Edit to add: I should be writing their ads by the way I'm going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

http://www.daft.ie/wicklow/bungalows-for-sale/greystones/brockagh-kimberley-road-greystones-wicklow-1302961/

Honestly, only really amused me for the first paragraph. That's a great spin they put on it, ie. "We don't often sell dilapidated outhouses".

9 pictures. No interior pictures, and only 2 of the exterior of the building itself... and it's so dire, I wouldn't for a second even suspect it's a scam! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement