Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

snubbleste wrote: »
    There are 110 rules including : These rules are confidential and this list of rules must be returned to Miss Firmoo on departure

She sounds like a right cow alright. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Think this was posted before, but the Indo has it now
    Tenant subletting to 5-6 others for €300pm each in Cabra in awful tenement conditions.
    There are 110 rules including : These rules are confidential and this list of rules must be returned to Miss Firmoo on departure

Read that article and just don't know what to make of it. There's less rules in prison. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

https://gyazo.com/16db5162299d10698a71df4e84bce06b

Glad she put that one in there as i am prone to leaving the lid on the toilet when i need to pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

That is like something from the 1950s. Nuts.
    One of the terms in the lease agreement "I hereby authorise Miss Firmo to pack my properties to move them to a hostel of her choice in case of antisocial behaviour or any rules I break."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

It's like liveing with Sheldon Cooper form the big bang theory :O

• Advertisement

Technically these people are licensees. Terrible conditions but they don't have tenancy rights unless granted by the landlord.

If she's not the LL though does that make any difference? It looks like she might be doing it unknowns to the LL because it specifically bans anyone from contacting the LL or agent?

pilly wrote: »
    If she's not the LL though does that make any difference? It looks like she might be doing it unknowns to the LL because it specifically bans anyone from contacting the LL or agent?

That's the landlord's problem if he doesn't know. His asset is being damaged and now has 6 people living in it when he rented it to one.

That's the landlord's problem if he doesn't know. His asset is being damaged and now has 6 people living in it when he rented it to one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm agreeing! I'm just wondering at the legality of it.

pilly wrote: »
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm agreeing! I'm just wondering at the legality of it.

The legality is that Miss Firmo is the head tenant and no tenancy exists between the landlord and the other people staying. They are thus licensees of the head tenant, until such time that they are in occupancy for 6 months and formally request to be made tenants from the landlord and gain Part 4 tenancy rights.

You can see now why she's preventing them from contacting the landlord.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

inforfun wrote: »
    https://gyazo.com/16db5162299d10698a71df4e84bce06b

Glad she put that one in there as i am prone to leaving the lid on the toilet when i need to pee.

I'd just piss on the floor. No rules against that.

• Advertisement

Intentionally pissing on the floor can't be considered an accident, but she'd probably consider it anti-social behaviour and pack your bags for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

That's covered in the 'no spraying water as it messes with the cat's training' rule.
    Hats of to Miss Firmpoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

"It is not allowed to turn Heather on during the night"

poor Heather :(

also 6*300*12=€21600
    The taxman wants a word, Miss Firmoo.

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/dublin-7/dublin-7-dublin-7-dublin-914702/

Is this the place? 300/month, 4 people there, cat, Cabra, no photos though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Contact Boguslaw ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Are you allowed say "Smokers unacceptable", surely if you don't smoke on or near the property it's no ones business but your own

Are you allowed say "Smokers unacceptable", surely if you don't smoke on or near the property it's no ones business but your own

There's no equality legislation to cover smoking. It's perfectly legal to discriminate on these grounds.

The legality is that Miss Firmo is the head tenant and no tenancy exists between the landlord and the other people staying. They are thus licensees of the head tenant, until such time that they are in occupancy for 6 months and formally request to be made tenants from the landlord and gain Part 4 tenancy rights.

You can see now why she's preventing them from contacting the landlord.

That's good information to know, thanks. She obviously picks on vulnerable people so if wouldn't go contacting the LL. Desperate carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

There's no equality legislation to cover smoking. It's perfectly legal to discriminate on these grounds.

cool- can I say no fatties or Dubs for instance?

cool- can I say no fatties or Dubs for instance?

No gingers?

• Advertisement

"All used toilet paper can be flushed away, nothing else."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

Think this was posted before, but the Indo has it now
    Tenant subletting to 5-6 others for €300pm each in Cabra in awful tenement conditions.
    Ah jaysus this is brilliant! I think we could get several pages on this thread out of it!

Here's a look at some of the rules:
    Rule 84 wrote:
    It is not allowed to use electrical heather in the house at all, or it will be confisicated.
    That's me "adult store" purchase binned now, I suppose. :(
    Rule 96 wrote:
    If the cat does anything wrong, spray water on it, only water, it will learn eventually
    I suppose that rules out pissing on the cat, so.
    Rule 97 wrote:
    Do not spray water without any reason, it will disturb the learning process of the cat.
    In the midst of the 15(!) rules concerning the cat is this gem:
    Rule 105 wrote:
    If using the the cooker outside or the barbecue, please do not leave it unattended any second during the cooking time.
    If I lived there the first meal I'd be cooking would be barbecued cat.

On a serious point it is utterly depressing that someone would even attempt this kind of thing, and shows how "desperate for accommodation" (to quote one former tenant) some people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The conditions are deplorable, and I'd hate to be in a situation where I'd have to live there, but many of the rules are quite sensible, and very clearly laid out. With a lot of people in what sounds like a 3 bed house, the place could descend into (further) chaos in days.

The heating and things are excessive, and if you want a cat, look after your own damned cat. A lot of the rules (don't use the tea towels to dry your hands) are just basic hygiene, but from having lived in house shares before, it's amazing how many people don't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

ALL HAIL THE CAT!

Contact Boguslaw ? :D

Boguslaw, a common Polish name. Pronounced something like Boh-guh-swav.

You'd wonder how long it took Miss Firmoo to think all those rules up and what prompted each of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

No. 62 There are hiding cameras in the house

This is most worrying - what if these cameras that are hiding jump out and scare you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You'd wonder how long it took Miss Firmoo to think all those rules up and what prompted each of them..

I think there is no Miss Firmoo. The cat is behind all of this.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    I think there is no Miss Firmoo. The cat is behind all of this.
    You may be right! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement