Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

flikflak wrote: »
    No. 62 There are hiding cameras in the house

This is most worrying - what if these cameras that are hiding jump out and scare you!

What if they scare the cat? That's one rule breaking another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Being honest i think the Cat owns the house not Miss Firmoo.

Miss Firmoo is the cats name :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

This thread just keeps on giving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This thread just keeps on giving!

The more this thread gives, the more depressing the situation of the housing / rental market is! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Being honest i think the Cat owns the house not Miss Firmoo.

Miss Firmoo is the cats name :O

Now you have it. :D:D I'm picturing the cat sitting in a throne in the downstairs room.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The more this thread gives, the more depressing the situation of the housing / rental market is! :o

Silver linings and all that though. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

flikflak wrote: »
    No. 62 There are hiding cameras in the house

!

That's to find out who's pissing on the cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

pilly wrote: »
    Now you have it. :D:D I'm picturing the cat sitting in a throne in the downstairs room.

Watching everything on the cctv cameras!!!!

All hail or new rulers the cats of Dublin :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

If the landlord knows that his tennant is subletting....is she actually doing anything illegal?
    I am guessing, sadly, that the answer is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Winterlong wrote: »
    If the landlord knows that his tennant is subletting....is she actually doing anything illegal?
    I am guessing, sadly, that the answer is no.

Well, it amounts to overcrowding, there might be implications regarding fire safety. Also I'd be very surprised if she was fax compliant. It's at least borderline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

Also I'd be very surprised if she was fax compliant.
    Why does she have to be fax compliant? :p

Good God! She's not using the wrong font, is she? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

serfboard wrote: »
    Why does she have to be fax compliant? :p

Nah, she's probably doing what I always used to do - can't remember whether you're meant to put the document in facing up or down, so end up faxing through a blank page. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

snubbleste wrote: »
    Think this was posted before, but the Indo has it now
    Tenant subletting to 5-6 others for €300pm each in Cabra in awful tenement conditions.
    There are 110 rules including : These rules are confidential and this list of rules must be returned to Miss Firmoo on departure

I have to laugh at the part where she is quoted as saying “Everything in the agreement was drafted and approved by the RTB and solicitors." Sorry love, but the pretty poor English that the rules are written in, leads me to believe that this statement is untrue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

serfboard wrote: »
    Why does she have to be fax compliant?

Oops :o

I have to laugh at the part where she is quoted as saying “Everything in the agreement was drafted and approved by the RTB and solicitors." Sorry love, but the pretty poor English that the rules are written in, leads me to believe that this statement is untrue!

No it's definitely true, I found a picture of the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

No it's definitely true, I found a picture of the solicitor.

:D:D:D:D:D Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And she is fax compliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

€350 pcm to share a bed.... Easy room mate indeed!

***Female only*** Shared double bed with one girl You will share one large bed with a lady from December.

http://ie.easyroommate.com/m/dublin-flatshare/shared-roombed/H160702303783

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Speedsie wrote: »

***Female only*** Shared double bed with one girl You will share one large bed with a lady from December.

2 interior pictures - one of half a bathroom cabinet, the other of a curtain rail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Speedsie wrote: »

I though we hit the bottom, when there were bunk beds to rent and sharing room with 2-4 people.
    I was wrong. We got to the point where you share a damn bed for 350eu!!!!
    What's next? Share single bed with 3 people, sleeping in shifts?! 400eu per month!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I though we hit the bottom, when there were bunk beds to rent and sharing room with 2-4 people.
    I was wrong.

I have rented with a cat before; I do worry about how people will treat her. I don't write a 20 page rule book, instead I don't set up a hostel, I rent my rooms out to normal people, one per room, like a normal house. Then I'm not scared for my cat's safety. Honestly I am kind of worried for that girl's cat (comments here don't help).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I have rented with a cat before; I do worry about how people will treat her. I don't write a 20 page rule book, instead I don't set up a hostel, I rent my rooms out to normal people, one per room, like a normal house. Then I'm not scared for my cat's safety. Honestly I am kind of worried for that girl's cat (comments here don't help).

Why are the lighthearted comments here making you worried for a cat? :confused:

Just spotted these for sale. Japanese Sleeping Pods
    E2,995
    They are touted as paying for themselves in a few months.
    I dont think these will take off myself, but then again, the way the property market is, who knows ?

http://www.adverts.ie/other/japanese-style-sleeping-pods-and-capsules-for-sale/11586045

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Jake1 wrote: »
    E2,995
    I dont think these will take off myself, but then again, the way the property market is, who knows ?

http://www.adverts.ie/other/japanese-style-sleeping-pods-and-capsules-for-sale/11586045

Ah stop, I can see Ms Firmo stacking 10 of these in each bedroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

What's next? Share single bed with 3 people, sleeping in shifts?! 400eu per month!

There was a post in here about 2 years ago where some Brazilian guy was offering a bedshare.
    He described him self as an easy going chatty guy who was happy to share with a male or a female. But no couples. :eek:

You could not make it up.

Hot bedding was known to happen in the North of England in the 1960s when migrants arrived to work in the car factories and similar industries, night and day shift workers alternated in the beds.

E2,995

Now we'll see some entrepreneur rent out a shop unit and fill it with these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

E2,995

These things look like the pods in that Black Mirror episode where the people HAVE to keep watching the tv or it shouts at them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

E2,995

I always wanted to live inside a gaming PC.

(for the likes hostels though they could be pretty cool, certainly better than a creaky bunk bed!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement