Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

sickening the people that are out there that are trying to rip others off, also sickening the way for some others it is probably their best option.

Shame on every fecker that is letting one of these and shame on daft etc for allowing them to do so

For some it's an only option. :mad: Terrible carry on. I mean okay, it's fine to allow your friend to stay in circumstances like that if their in need but to charge a stranger €370 for the privilege. Disgusting.

I also agree, it shouldn't be allowed be advertised on DAFT, it is not a room to rent, it's a mattress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It makes me ****ing angry.
    People who work for their money should be able to afford a normal roof over their head.
    Meanwhile half the people in de dail is acting as a "landlord" and are very much okay with this situation.
    ****ing *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

inforfun wrote: »
    It makes me ****ing angry.
    People who work for their money should be able to afford a normal roof over their head.
    Meanwhile half the people in de dail is acting as a "landlord" and are very much okay with this situation.
    ****ing *****.

What's the solution then?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's the solution then?

Stop building wide, go high but do it properly. Get professionals to built stuff, not cowboys
    If you use cardboard as a material, no one wants to live in high rises. Way too noisy. No one is interested to hear his neighbour next door taking a piss
    and certainly not for €1500 a month in rent.

Look and learn in countries with a rather functional rental market like Germany and The Netherlands.

It's not just a simple case of more houses it's as inforfun says, quality not quantity (we've a decade's worth of shíte out there already).
    The main point is that the density of housing in much of Dublin is appallingly low, we have bungalows in the city centre, madness.
    At the very least, these should be replaced by a mixture of family sized flats and there would be no need to increase the height limitations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Greedy ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I've been going through the mill finding a place to rent the last few weeks. Some awful kips out there at extortionate prices. Mould, damp air, small kitchens and no furniture are becoming the norm.

Was in a house share with an owner occupier for a month who had a rule that I had to be in by 11.30 each night or the door was locked. (He never said this up front and only found out when I got locked outside in -3) F**king moron, why rent your house out at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I've been going through the mill finding a place to rent the last few weeks. Some awful kips out there at extortionate prices. Mould, damp air, small kitchens and no furniture are becoming the norm.

Was in a house share with an owner occupier for a month who had a rule that I had to be in by 11.30 each night or the door was locked. (He never said this up front and only found out when I got locked outside in -3) F**king moron, why rent your house out at all.

That's appalling. Someone like that should not be renting rooms out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It's not just a simple case of more houses it's as inforfun says, quality not quantity (we've a decade's worth of shíte out there already).
    The main point is that the density of housing in much of Dublin is appallingly low, we have bungalows in the city centre, madness.

hasn't this density argument been debunked? Someone posted figures either here or on one of the transport threads showing Dublin has a similar population density to Amsterdam and several other medium sized European cities.

loyatemu wrote: »
    hasn't this density argument been debunked? Someone posted figures either here or on one of the transport threads showing Dublin has a similar population density to Amsterdam and several other medium sized European cities.
    Amsterdam has an issue with rising damp! As for medium sized European cities, none of them are the capital of the country or employment centres. Most European cities have a far higher population density, particularity in the inner suburbs which usually have great transport links to the places of work. Dublin OTOH is a small town surrounded by villages that have expanded to fill the gaps, a bit like London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Amsterdam has an issue with rising damp! As for medium sized European cities, none of them are the capital of the country or employment centres. Most European cities have a far higher population density, particularity in the inner suburbs which usually have great transport links to the places of work. Dublin OTOH is a small town surrounded by villages that have expanded to fill the gaps, a bit like London.

In amsterdam if you're not earning that much you get automatic rent supplement as far as I'm aware. I think you have to be paying less than 700 a month. It means that there's a lot of housing available for around that much.

But yeah, our public transport system (and roads too) are a nightmare. It should be easier to live farther away and travel to work. Everytime I'm in the Netherlands I'm amazed at how easy the transport system is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf (page 61)

Dublin is just behind Rome and Stockholm, and ahead of Glasgow, Amsterdam, Zurich and Berlin.

Grayson wrote: »
    Everytime I'm in the Netherlands I'm amazed at how easy the transport system is.

Until you have to use it every day going to work and back home in the morning and afternoon.
    Last job i had in The Netherlands it took me 15 mins max by car.
    By public transport it took me an 1 hour 20 mins.
    And all in the same city.

And it really doesnt matter where the public transport is when it is overcrowded with people in wet coats, smelling like wet dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

looksee wrote: »

Someone pass the eye bleach please. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

inforfun wrote: »
    It looks like Jackson Pollock and Gustav Klimt drank a case of Buckfast between them and yacked everywhere!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Image 11 is......interesting...

Perhaps they know the lady who painted this?

I ifind these houses so much more entertaining than crappy bedsits because people actually spent money and wanted it to look like this!! Why are the stair banisters wrapped in fabric ffs :D Why does it look like the bookcases are covered in boxer shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

OH GOD MY EYES!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

It's like the interior of the house is melting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/rathmines/mont-leinster-75-leinster-road-rathmines-dublin-1314750/

Asking €1.4 million for the house and of 14 photos only 3 show the inside and 2 of them are a chandelier from 2 different angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/rathmines/mont-leinster-75-leinster-road-rathmines-dublin-1314750/

Asking €1.4 million for the house and of 14 photos only 3 show the inside and 2 of them are a chandelier from 2 different angles.

I suppose none of the tenants of the 13 :eek: self contained studios would let them in to take photos

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't know how to feel after looking at that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Some of it looks like it was pallet wood being used.

Kinda reminds me of that wooden clad interior of a house for sale in Dublin not so long ago.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

https://touch.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/dunboyne/7-the-way-dunboyne-castle-dunboyne-meath-1324165/

Utility room or guest bathroom??? I dunno. Suppose you could use the jax while you wait on your tea and toast...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

happypants wrote: »
    https://touch.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/dunboyne/7-the-way-dunboyne-castle-dunboyne-meath-1324165/

Utility room or guest bathroom??? I dunno. Suppose you could use the jax while you wait on your tea and toast...

to be fair, don't know what's wrong with that. when guests there it's their guest bathroom but also a utility room..simple as..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭D3V!L

tara73 wrote: »
    to be fair, don't know what's wrong with that. when guests there it's their guest bathroom but also a utility room..simple as..:confused:

It's quite normal on the continent to have your washing machine in the bathroom. It makes a lot more sense plumbing wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

D3V!L wrote: »
    It's quite normal on the continent to have your washing machine in the bathroom. It makes a lot more sense plumbing wise.

Personally I wouldnt eat or drink anything prepared in a bathroom... theres a toaster kettle and microwave on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

happypants wrote: »
    Personally I wouldnt eat or drink anything prepared in a bathroom... theres a toaster kettle and microwave on the counter.

alright, sorry, havn't seen the pics just read the text. that's disgusting actually. preparing a toast while somebody took a dump before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Like to own your own island?

http://www.daft.ie/cork/sites-for-sale/skibbereen/goose-island-roaring-water-bay-skibbereen-cork-1264841/

What would you do with it?

Make yourself King/Queen? Start Ireland's first nudist colony?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement