Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

€190/Week/person!, a total rip off, so I taught until I saw that it is close to Teddys ice-cream and it is BER EXEMPT, I'll take it. You do have your own privacy too, you can close the doors, but before you do you will need to connect up your oxygen mask.

You wouldn't catch two peas in a pod to stay in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 G.Gershwin

^ Is the option for cryogenic freezing included in the €190/week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So it started...

I read about these things and watched some stuff about them. There are pretty cool pod hotels in Japan. I would even try hotel like this for ****s and giggles, just to have experience.
    But renting one for about 800eu a month?!?! How much is the rent now in Dublin?! So basically some lad rented out apartment and took a room for himself, then got those two pods inside, charge 800eu per pod and it pays his rent? So free living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

So it started...

I read about these things and watched some stuff about them. There are pretty cool pod hotels in Japan. I would even try hotel like this for ****s and giggles, just to have experience.
    But renting one for about 800eu a month?!?! How much is the rent now in Dublin?! So basically some lad rented out apartment and took a room for himself, then got those two pods inside, charge 800eu per pod and it pays his rent? So free living.

And those pods would cost how many thousands each? Wouldn't be worth it unless you owned the house without a morgage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Surely that pod listing is fake? :confused:

Because what nutter would put 2 pods (Hey, perhaps even 4?) in a room when you can just put one or two bunk beds up. Like, the price they are asking for is mental too. Think we all can agree. But ... I'm shaking my head right now at those pods. Like what headcase thinks that's a good idea :pac: It's something out of those Toyko hotels.

But it does have to be said that the greed of people. That's a subletting if I ever saw one.

*edit*
    Actually.... the listing linked back to an Irish website selling those pods. So, yeah, property never existed. Just the website trying to promote itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

At least you'd have a bit of peace and quiet in those pods though. And they look very clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pilly wrote: »
    At least you'd have a bit of peace and quiet in those pods though. And they look very clean.

Until you have a feed of pints and a kebab before hitting the hay.A man could suffocate in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

zerks wrote: »
    Until you have a feed of pints and a kebab before hitting the hay.A man could suffocate in one.

I actually feel slightly nauseous thinking out the toxic plume that would emerge upon staggering out of your pod the following morning.

The sheer neck of some people
    For the first time now available to rent in Ireland. Japanese-style sleeping pods as seen in forward-thinking organisations such as Google, Facebook, etc. Pods are a new form of short to medium term accommodation, sharing with others, and may not be suitable for everyone. This is your own individual sleeping pod. Foreigners and people from abroad are very welcome, aswell as locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Because what nutter would put 2 pods (Hey, perhaps even 4?) in a room when you can just put one or two bunk beds up.

Everything is sad and mental about it, however if I was ever in the unfortunate position of having to share a room with 1, 2 or 3 strangers and pay through the nose for it, I'd far rather be in a pod than a bunk bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Everything is sad and mental about it, however if I was ever in the unfortunate position of having to share a room with 1, 2 or 3 strangers and pay through the nose for it, I'd far rather be in a pod than a bunk bed.

Imagine if you came in St Patricks night full of drink? ..... and had a bad Kebab or five?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

cisk wrote: »
    The sheer neck of some people
    Indeed, anyone who refers to Facebook as a forward thinking organisation is really taking the piss. Uninspiring, puritanical, uncooperative platform with about as much forward thinking as a FG/FF coalition. Forget Trump or Brexit, the biggest indictment on 2016 is that Facebook is still the world's dominant social media site. People are f**king stupid.

forward-thinking organisations such as Google, Facebook, etc.
    If they're really forward thinking, perhaps they should provide pods on site for the more desperate employees so they don't get ripped off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

and what's with this awful blue light? if it would be a nice, cosy warm orangy light, it would have a bit of a more appealing effect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I stayed in a few pod hotels in japan and they are grand for what they are - functional, quiet, private, and built into the wall in hallways with communal bathrooms. If youre in transit somewhere or in a short break where all you need a bed to sleep, they are perfect.

Racking and stacking them in a period house in dun laoighre though.....no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Imagine if you came in St Patricks night full of drink? ..... and had a bad Kebab or five?

Imagine being in the lower bunk or the lower bunk in a room with 2 bunk beds and your room mates come in St Patricks night full of drink and had a bad Kebab or five?!:eek: I'd far prefer they were enclosed in their capsules and me safely ensconced in mine!

Surely that pod listing is fake? :confused:

But it does have to be said that the greed of people. That's a subletting if I ever saw one.

*edit*
    Actually.... the listing linked back to an Irish website selling those pods. So, yeah, property never existed. Just the website trying to promote itself.

Well spotted, that would be my assumption too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

"This property offers the possibility of a lot of hard work"

Nothing could turn me onto a property more than the possibility of getting involved in hard work :rolleyes:

http://www.daft.ie/clare/houses-for-sale/feakle/lecarrow-lower-feakle-clare-1363881/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Nomis21 wrote: »

Nothing could turn me onto a property more than the possibility of getting involved in hard work :rolleyes:

http://www.daft.ie/clare/houses-for-sale/feakle/lecarrow-lower-feakle-clare-1363881/

I was going to say 'Holy ****', but seems there's no bathroom at all so you couldn't even have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I was going to say 'Holy ****', but seems there's no bathroom at all so you couldn't even have one!

I love the way they put it.

"No Bathroom. The DAFT system does not allow that!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nomis21 wrote: »

"Electricity nearby"

bring a long extension lead!

also reminds me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Imagine one of the room-mates did.................. pod def sounds better then :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

An example of just how lazy agents can be when uploading photos.

http://www.daft.ie/limerick/apartments-for-rent/corbally/carraig-midhe-corbally-limerick-1701770/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

osarusan wrote: »

I'm just hear waiting for sh*t to load thinking my computer's slow. My god that's bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Probably because those photos were taken >10 years ago and the place is completely run down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

my goodness. just unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm just hear waiting for sh*t to load thinking my computer's slow. My god that's bad.

Hah, i was doing the same, cussing at my laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Omackeral wrote: »

I thought I needed to get my glasses changed again , lordie that's brutal !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Probably because those photos were taken >10 years ago and the place is completely run down now.

I actually don't think it was even built 10 years ago! But even then, old photos doesn't mean terrible quality.

I am actually wondering what was used to take the photos.

Whatever it was, given the state of them, you would think an actual estate agent would make the 10 minute drive from their office in Limerick city centre to take some proper photos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement