Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Kamili wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I'm sure they take down scam ads simply because they are scam, I don't see why they should advertise something that's illegal or flouting laws.

Probably a grey area anyway but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

I'm not sure what the actual legislation says, but I don't think a shared rented house counts as an illegal service. It may be non compliant with legal standards but it's not an illegal service of itself.

I've looked up the definition of overcrowding from the Housing Act 1966 and it's only an offence if the owner doesn't provide details to the local authority after being requested or if they continue to allow overcrowding after notice to desist from the local authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

tara73 wrote: »
    yeah, I know that, why boards must be so cautious. And it is a good law.
    So all I'm saying is, kind of the same should apply for Daft showing illegal ads. They enable that places like the recent one posted here being successfull.

And why are rental standards set up if nobody from the government cares whether they are met? It wouldn't be difficult to give Daft the obligation to take down illegal ads. Very simple it could be...

Again I must ask, where do you draw the line? Must Daft have a team of inspectors to ensure every property on their site is fully compliant with the law?

The law around this operates on a basis of self reporting from tenants and random checks from local authorities. The local authorities are severely under-resourced for the checks they do, so it's up to people to report to the local authority to target the offenders. I'd hope the Independent has passed their information to DLRCoCo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Again I must ask, where do you draw the line? Must Daft have a team of inspectors to ensure every property on their site is fully compliant with the law?

just read my former post, explained there.

anyway, it's Off topic and subject suited in a different forum. I'm out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Jake1 wrote: »
    Daft will remove the ad if it is reported. They are usually brilliant.
    i reported 5 or 6 ads a night or two ago, and they were all gone next morning.

What reasons did you give for reporting them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jake1 wrote: »
    I reported ads for scams Michael DNH . Different ads, had the same bedroom pic in all of them :)

Gobshytes got sloppy :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057690816
    pilly wrote: »

^^

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No BER displayed?
    A person offering a property for sale or rent on or after 9th January 2013, or their agent, shall ensure that the energy performance indicator of the current BER certificate for the building is stated in any advertisements, where such advertisements are taken relating to the sale or letting of that building http://www.seai.ie/Your_Building/BER/EPBD/SI_243_of_2012_EPBD.pdf

For being an obvious scam.

In about 5-6 pics, one nedrooms was exactly the same. Same bedroom, different parts of Dublin city :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's tiny, and I wouldn't live in it - but it's clean and bright and appears to have all required fixtures and fittings.

Far from the worst that's appeared on here!

Mind you, you wouldn't want to have any clothes to store.... bags under the bed maybe? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's tiny, and I wouldn't live in it - but it's clean and bright and appears to have all required fixtures and fittings.

Far from the worst that's appeared on here!

Mind you, you wouldn't want to have any clothes to store.... bags under the bed maybe? :eek:

€170 a week for less than 10 square metres? That price must be wrong. 170 a month maybe, and even that's dear for what it is.

It's not even close to the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That person is totally deluded if they think they'll get 170 a week for that in Galway. You'd rent a proper flat for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

That person is totally deluded if they think they'll get 170 a week for that in Galway. You'd rent a proper flat for that

You should check again. I'm interviewing for a position in Galway at the moment so I've been looking on Daft. There's not a lot available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Looks like someone adores a regal look and feel in Cabra

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/11-parkview-blackhorse-ave-dublin-7/3824477

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

whiskeyman wrote: »

Quite a nice house were it not for dodgy taste in furniture and those 80s hotel lobby pelmets!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm sure the estate agent had fun writing the blurb for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Those floors are so shiny!!

ciaradx wrote: »
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Quite a nice house were it not for dodgy taste in furniture and those 80s hotel lobby pelmets!
    And the massive pigeon loft in the garden!
    ciaradx wrote: »
    How the hell did they get that shine on the lino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Everything about that makes me uncomfortable. EVERYTHING.

I can't imagine anyone living there, I just can't imagine someone sitting down on that psuedo throne to watch match of the day with a cup of tea and a few biscuits.
    Its weird, its wrong its sick. The owners are clearly in some kind of cult. Gut the place. For the love of god gut the place and look under the patio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The Bucket residence, lady of the house speaking!

• Advertisement

somefeen wrote: »
    Everything about that makes me uncomfortable. EVERYTHING.

I can't imagine anyone living there, I just can't imagine someone sitting down on that psuedo throne to watch match of the day with a cup of tea and a few biscuits.
    Its weird, its wrong its sick. The owners are clearly in some kind of cult. Gut the place. For the love of god gut the place and look under the patio
    That place has Mrs Bucket written all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

A friend of mine went to stay at her in laws house with her 2 children while she was renovating a new home. They had won the lotto and had done their house up in that style. Only the blingest would do, all marble floors and mirrors. They had a large picture window and you could look straight through the house. It was always immaculate and you never saw a thing out of place. The poor girl was confined to the bedroom for the day. No cooking allowed, she had a micro wave and a kettle in the bedroom, all washing and ironing had to be finished by 8am. The rest of the house was out of bounds. It was all show. She moved out and rented after a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Traveller chic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

maudgonner wrote: »
    The Bucket residence, lady of the house speaking!

It's pronounced Bouquet... although someone of the lower classes wouldn't be expected to understand.

Ah, here comes His Lordship now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

dear god the fecking NOTIONS for a semi detached house:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I think that's Hyacinth Bouquets house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭chewed

If Donald Trump lived in Cabra!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

chewed wrote: »
    If Donald Trump lived in Cabra!!!
    "Cabra is fantastic - the best place ever! Everybody says so. Believe me."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The tiling everywhere is dreadful. So cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

More like Eastern European decor than traveller chic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement