Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I know someone who lived there a few years back, before it got really bad. The house is in a pretty bad state but It's could be a fantastic if someone was to put some money & love into it. If I was sitting on a pot of gold I'd love to tare it apart & do it up.

If you put in a wood-burning stove you'd probably get away with not having to pay to heat the place for the next decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Toots wrote: »
    If you put in a wood-burning stove you'd probably get away with not having to pay to heat the place for the next decade.

"Throw another bit of wall on the fire there." :D

They could have actually made money out of the cash for ash offer up North until quite recently :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2017/02/03/a-virgin-unspotted/#comments

From Broadsheet.ie

Nice...Eh...Back garden...

2-1.jpg

whiskeyman wrote: »
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2017/02/03/a-virgin-unspotted/#comments

From Broadsheet.ie

Nice...Eh...Back garden...

2-1.jpg
    Fallow with a grave!
    Either that or the prayers for growth are falling on deaf ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The bang of Fritzl off that place.

Does anyone believe that there are ACTUAL windows in that place? Coz it looks to me like the 2 "windows" are just curtains covering up brick walls. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

all that wood off the walls.

Seriously I amnt sure those are legal under fire safety regulations..... what a cheap skate to avoid painting the walls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As there are structural works required ideally suited to a builder or a cash buyer.
    They really weren't joking, were they :eek:

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    Are the walls fit to burst with water in EVERY ROOM??

hmmm there are a lot more underlying problems there than you can see.....

hate to think what an engineers report would say but it is in a great rental area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

hate to think what an engineers report would say but it is in a great rental area.

It has lots of potential (rooms look bright and well-proportioned) and seemingly a decent roof, but you'd really want to have a good budget for works on top of the purchase price. I love older houses but see their pitfalls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I had to laugh at this one. You know that line in The Godfather, 'Leave the gun, take the cannoli'?

Well this is 'Leave the bed, take the kitchen. All of it. And everything else. Even some of the lightbulbs'.

https://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/doughiska/19-fionnuisce-doughiska-galway-1384258/

I was expecting to see a half fed lurcher and piebald in the back yard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

ciaradx wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/stoneybatter/blackhall-place-stoneybatter-dublin-926294/

"...nice well finished family home..."

I'll have to disagree with you there!!

Good lord, wtf.

You'll be living in a basement where the only source of natural light is from a ground level window which will probably be frequented by junkies. Open the curtains and you'll be greeted with a junkies ass crack against the window :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

maudgonner wrote: »
    I had to laugh at this one. You know that line in The Godfather, 'Leave the gun, take the cannoli'?

Well this is 'Leave the bed, take the kitchen. All of it. And everything else. Even some of the lightbulbs'.

https://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/doughiska/19-fionnuisce-doughiska-galway-1384258/
    That looks like a reposession job to me. I can imagine the owner saying to the bank: "Ye can have the house but I'll be damned if ye're gettin the fixtures".

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I might be confused but I think it says that the kitchen and living room are only accessible by going around to the back garden and in through the patio doors! It seems you can't go from there to the rest of the house. If you look at the picture of the floor plan that seems to be true. Surely it wasn't built like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

serfboard wrote: »
    That looks like a reposession job to me. I can imagine the owner saying to the bank: "Ye can have the house but I'll be damned if ye're gettin the fixtures".

It's just the fact that they left what looks like a perfectly good bed (and one bedside locker) that got me. There must be something seriously wrong with it for them to have left it behind when they ripped out everything else - maybe the bed is haunted :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I might be confused but I think it says that the kitchen and living room are only accessible by going around to the back garden and in through the patio doors! It seems you can't go from there to the rest of the house. If you look at the picture of the floor plan that seems to be true. Surely it wasn't built like that?

Given the second ex-kitchen, it looks like they turned the back of the ground floor into a self contained flat, with an entrance from the back garden, probably to rent it out. They must have bricked up the kitchen door, and installed a new kitchen somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

pilly wrote: »
    Are the walls fit to burst with water in EVERY ROOM??

Got pleurisy from just looking at them photo's..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

The bang of Fritzl off that place.

I think I remember that being in this a couple of years ago, when it wen't up for sale! Potential for refurbishment I think they said...they obviously reckoned with the current market why bother. "Sure they'll be more than happy to live in the wooden dungeon, be grand."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,298 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

"The property requires reconfiguration to get back to the original layout"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

PARlance wrote: »
    "The property requires reconfiguration to get back to the original layout"

i.e: A front door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It's just the fact that they left what looks like a perfectly good bed (and one bedside locker) that got me. There must be something seriously wrong with it for them to have left it behind when they ripped out everything else - maybe the bed is haunted :eek:

Nah.. the van was full is all.. filled with the cabinets etc and they just could not squeeze the bed and cabinet it.. I know as I had to leave a lovely armchair behind when I moved here... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    My theory is that they brought the bed in though the front door. Then when they went to take it out......

.....Oops!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As a great man said a few times: i went on the internet and found this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

inforfun wrote: »
    As a great man said a few times: i went on the internet and found this

Such a great blog!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement