Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

***SCAM ALERT***

Date: 14 February 2017 at 07:17:12 GMT
    To: REDACTED
    Subject: 37 Palmerston Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6, South Dublin City 800 Euro

Hello,

Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment
    I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : 37 Palmerston Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6, South Dublin City

I worked in Ireland in the last 5 years and bought this apartment during my staying in Ireland.
    I'm renting the place for unlimited time but right now the flat is inhabited and will be available from 22 February.
    Before we go any further I would like to know more about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the place, for how long?
    The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots,

dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 800 Euro/month. "security deposit" is also 800 Euro. And you get it back, when you decide to leave from the apartment
    You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated storeroom, where you can put my furniture.
    Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Narl Larsen, I was born in Sweden. I am Deputy General Manager at http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/
    The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Denmark where I am now even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
    But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent you the apartment from here.
    If you are still interested to rent my place i will explain you how we will do this after i get more information's about you.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thank You!Narl Larsen
    Deputy General Manager
    http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/

That larsen bastard still at it?? :p

Ive reported those ads several times

we have to scam this guy back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Jake1 wrote: »
    That larsen bastard still at it?? :p

Ive reported those ads several times

we have to scam this guy back....

There's a guy (loads of them actually) who do it to phone scammers.

Make a dummy email and get back to ya man above. Waste as much time as possible and sign him up to as much... well use your imagination... as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭vandriver

He almost had me until the line about spacious storage.....In a Dublin apartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

• Advertisement

...__... wrote: »

Bloody hell. thats bonkers!! its nice, but certainly not 39, grand worth of nice.

:confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Bloody hell. thats bonkers!! its nice, but certainly not 39, grand worth of nice.

And in the back arse of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

***SCAM ALERT***

Subject: 37 Palmerston Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6, South Dublin City 800 Euro

I'm really tempted to email him/her that my name is XXX and I need to find a suitable room for myself and my partner as soon as possible. Please note I just joined Garda so I can provide you suitable reference(s), if required. ;)

09_09_09 wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to email him/her that my name is XXX and I need to find a suitable room for myself and my partner as soon as possible. Please note I just joined Garda so I can provide you suitable reference(s), if required. ;)

or that your uncle is Chief of Police in Sweden and can hand deliver the deposit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

lol read it again maybe you will find something worth 39k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Its a bit more than that to be fair. The 40k includes the 1/4 acre and is located in a lovely part of the world.
    If you are looking for an entry level holiday home or just a bolt hole to get away to then it is not a bad option IMO.
    Would not be living in it though.

heres one in Roscommon, for 42 grand, with 1.03 acres, with a lake view :):P

http://www.daft.ie/roscommon/houses-for-sale/croghan/knockroe-croghan-roscommon-1240089/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is it more expensive than some big ass mobile home some people use for weekends and holidays on a camping?

That said, whenever i read "built to the highest standard" i always think of the apartments with that description where you can hear your neighbours taken a piss through the paper walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I doubt it qualifies as a permanent structure so it probably doesn't need planning permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

http://www.daft.ie/roscommon/houses-for-sale/croghan/knockroe-croghan-roscommon-1240089/

Lake view? That place looks like it was at the bottom of the lake at one point!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Lake view? That place looks like it was at the bottom of the lake at one point!!

I'd be 99% sure somebody has died in that house too :p

The Roscommon one is waaay too expensive for where it's at, bit of the middle of nowhere. Though the same auctioneers has a nice house in Mohill for 50k, I know it well and it's been empty maybe 10yrs, definitely in better condition that the 42k death house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Would you not take the rotten furniture out before taking the pictures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

With the relatively new looking kettle in there, it looks like some poor old person lived in there up til recently.
    No doubt there's many old people living in such conditions around the country... pretty sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

whiskeyman wrote: »
    With the relatively new looking kettle in there, it looks like some poor old person lived in there up til recently.
    No doubt there's many old people living in such conditions around the country... pretty sad :(

May have been empty years. You might "enjoy" some of the houses on Green Valley Properties!

http://www.gvp.ie/cgi-bin/ICS/GVP/prevobj6.cgi?obj=GVP0000014

http://www.gvp.ie/cgi-bin/ICS/GVP/prevobj6.cgi?obj=GVP0000040

When I was hoping to buy many years ago, at the lower end of the market, I saw houses like these, where the resident had died and the family or maybe none, simply walked out leaving it al. One even had the remains of a long dead meal on the table. food in the cupboards... daft ie sales are full of these.

Green Valley is a grand site! Used to haunt it.

whiskeyman wrote: »

It's desperately sad, it looks so lonely and neglected and it's hard not to believe that the person who lived there wasn't lonely and neglected too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

***SCAM ALERT***

He's operating in Galway too. His daft ad was for a borderline unbelievably low cost apartment, and was taken down shortly after being posted.

Same email to me:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest to rent my apartment
    I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in : Lower Dominick Street, Galway City Centre

I worked in Ireland in the last 5 years and bought this apartment during my staying in Ireland.
    I'm renting the place for unlimited time but right now the flat is inhabited and will be available from 22 February.
    Before we go any further I would like to know more about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the place, for how long?
    The flat is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished and renovated. Also, very important, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spots,

dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price of 600 Euro/month. "security deposit" is also 600 Euro. And you get it back, when you decide to leave from the apartment
    You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well ventilated storeroom, where you can put my furniture.
    Now, a little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better. My name is Narl Larsen, I was born in Sweden. I am Deputy General Manager at http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/
    The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Denmark where I am now even for one single day. We just hired some new staff and I'm in charge of their training.
    But this won't affect you at all. I can make arrangements to rent you the apartment from here.
    If you are still interested to rent my place i will explain you how we will do this after i get more information's about you.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thank You!Narl Larsen
    Deputy General Manager
    http://www.roadtraffic-technology.com/"

I replied to this, just waiting for the continuation of the typical "I won't be able to meet you personally but if you send me the money" scam storyline, and low and behold:

"Hello again xxx,

Thank you for getting back to me. I agree to rent the apartment to you but as i said in my first message considering that I can not come to Ireland until 22 March to make the renting procedures i will use the services of Airbnb Inc to make sure that we can trust each other. In this way you will be automatically accepted as my tenant and an agent of Airbnb will have the responsibility to welcome you in our apartment for visit it. All you need to do is to book my property after i list it on their website. You will need to book and pay only for the first 30 days through Airbnb (from 22 February to 22 March)and after this month pass i will come to know you personally, I hope you understand and agree with that, because also for us it is the first time when we rented without personally see the new tenant. You will also have to pay the damage deposit requested by us 600 Euro (money that will be returned when you will stop living on the place)From the starting, the contract will be made for a long term and after passing the month rented through Airbnb, i will want to receive the monthly payment between the 20st and 25th of each month in my account, that will come attached to the lease.

You do not have to worry about anything because the money will remain in custody of Airbnb until the place is reviewed and until you get a decision if you want to stay or not.
    If the place is not how I described it or as in the pictures you can cancel the reservation and they will reimburse the money on the same day (excluding fees Airbnb), but we are sure will not be

the case and you will enjoy the apartment because is just as I described it.

If you agree with the procedure'll list the floor on the website Airbnb for you to make the reservation as soon as possible and begin renting procedures.
    After booking automatically you will receive from Airbnb the payment order (invoice) and once the payment is verified by them, they will contact you to arrange an appointment with you and ask the documentation needed to put the contract up to your name.

I think I've explained very nicely how the transaction will flow. Briefly again, You will rent the apartment for 30 days After payment will be done the Agent of Airbnb will call you and will

present you the apartment and will make with you the contract of renting for one 30 days. After that I will come personally to meet with you and we will make the contract for 1 year.

Please note: This is the only way and the best way and very sure way for me to rent you the apartment.
    Also please if you not accept or if you not know what is Airbnb please do not contact me because sincerely I am very busy with my work and I don't have time to waste my time and you will waste your time!!!

Thank You!"

Needless to say, I did not reply. No way of reporting him, I guess, since the ad has been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

RasTa wrote: »

Thats either the biggest scam going or the biggest bargain ever....I'm torn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thats either the biggest scam going or the biggest bargain ever....I'm torn :D

Price per room?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Price per room?

Its a bit of a naughty ad tbh....it doesnt say exactly what your rent would be.
    It says €750 pm on the top of the ad along with it being a 7 bed.

Further down it says Rooms to Rent.
    Slightly above that it states that the rooms are all twin. So is it €750 per room or pp? Usually would say couples or something when a shared room is on. Not here though.
    Nice money though either way. Per room brings in 5250 pm, per person 10,500k per month :eek:

RasTa wrote: »

That is per room, Id say.

Elaine left her phone number on property.ie

Its a bit of a naughty ad tbh....it doesnt say exactly what your rent would be.
    It says €750 pm on the top of the ad along with it being a 7 bed.

Further down it says Rooms to Rent.
    Slightly above that it states that the rooms are all twin. So is it €750 per room or pp? Usually would say couples or something when a shared room is on. Not here though.
    Nice money though either way. Per room brings in 5250 pm, per person 10,500k per month :eek:

Has potential to end up as another of those rentals from hell. like the crazy one from last month....

200 people per house .

I noticed on both daft and property.ie, when you hit map view, it seems to be somewhere in England, near Dagenham

• Advertisement

Has potential to end up as another of those rentals from hell. like the crazy one from last month....

200 people per house .

Return of the tenement :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement