Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

not the place so much, more the ad

So if you don't get up at 6 and go to bed at 11 forget about it? What's THC tolerant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pilly wrote: »
    So if you don't get up at 6 and go to bed at 11 forget about it? What's THC tolerant?

Bob Marley would have been welcome
    If he had been Irish and professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

THC is the initialism for the active ingredient in cannabis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,298 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Landlord is a stoner... THC being the main thing in Cannabis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

inforfun wrote: »

And didn't party.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote:
    Landlord is a stoner... THC being the main thing in Cannabis.

Ah grand so. You'd be in bed by 11 anyway so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

do we get this right, the tenant should leave at 6 am and not be back till 11pm? Thats's insane. and the rest of the night he can stand outside the balcony and smoke cannabis ..???.:eek:
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

serfboard wrote: »
    Actually, the bit that got me was:Are you allowed to say that? Is that not called discrimination?

It is indeed, so is not allowing people who smell of piss, but is it illegal discrimination? Apparently not in RAR, it is if you fall under the ambit of the RTA (Tenancies).

inforfun wrote: »

I don't like this ad... I love, nah actually the guy seems to be a twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

I think the landlord works night and is looking for someone similar I can kind of understand that.
    Not the admission of illegial druuugss in the house
    Im off to call joe on the Laveline now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

tara73 wrote: »
    do we get this right, the tenant should leave at 6 am and not be back till 11pm? Thats's insane. and the rest of the night he can stand outside the balcony and smoke cannabis ..???.:eek:
    :D

No- it's just that's the hours he keeps so if you go to bed at 10pm don't be moaning if he has the tv on til 11pm I suppose

similarly don't be moaning if he gets up at 6am

No- it's just that's the hours he keeps so if you go to bed at 10pm don't be moaning if he has the tv on til 11pm I suppose

And woe betide you if you want the TV on at 11:30 it seems.

Also has it really come to €800 for a room in a not great area?

ok, sorry,mixed am and pm again, thought it was day time he was demanding the tenant to be out.
    still, sounds horrible, the tone of the ad and all. think it's this set up where the main renter (the stoner:D) doesn't want a tenant at all, is just doing it for the money and likes his tenant to be in his room all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And woe betide you if you want the TV on at 11:30 it seems.

Also has it really come to €800 for a room in a not great area?

Scarily yes.

...__... wrote:
    I think the landlord works night and is looking for someone similar I can kind of understand that. Not the admission of illegial druuugss in the house Im off to call joe on the Laveline now!

How do you figure he works nights?

yeah, works on his spliffs....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Grayson wrote: »
    Scarily yes.

It has in it's bollocks. If you're patient enough you can get cheaper than that. I'm paying 550 a month for a room not even 10 minutes walk away from there in Drumcondra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,270 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It has in it's bollocks. If you're patient enough you can get cheaper than that. I'm paying 550 a month for a room not even 10 minutes walk away from there in Drumcondra.

I'm paying less than the market rate but I started renting this place about 3 years ago. Rents have shot up in the last few months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm paying less than the market rate but I started renting this place about 3 years ago. Rents have shot up in the last few months.

I started renting in this place 3 months ago. Before moving in I viewed a good few places in Drumcondra, all under 600 a month for a room. Not one of them was owner occupied, had ridiculous criteria like that ad and they were all pretty nice houses. I was being pretty picky as well, I didn't want anything too far of a walk from the Drumcondra road as it's handy for buses. If you're patient and have time on your side then you can do a lot better than that place.

Even 550 for a room is madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,015 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Glenster wrote: »
    And living in a dirty hovel is sad.

You have NO idea what a hovel really looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

sorry too much thc when I went to view the room!

daft says room has been let..why do I sometimes don't believe it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

You have NO idea what a hovel really looks like.

I defer to your superior experience of squalor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Porta-Cabungalow

Found one much cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This post has been deleted.
    It's not even that! It looks like a slightly-done-up shipping container :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It's not even that! It looks like a slightly-done-up shipping container :eek:

I work with shipping containers and that's not even a distant cousin of one! A good wind and I'd say you might be taking an unscheduled flying visit :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

A bit tight for space this one. Ah well, at least I can watch the telly in bed... http://www.daft.ie/mayo/flats-for-rent/kiltimagh/james-street-kiltimagh-mayo-1711716/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement