Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd need a pair of sunglasses going in here!
    So much white!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/144-ashcroft-raheny-dublin-5/3865512

I'd say that fruit bowl in the conservatory has seen a fair few sets of car keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Properties on that part of the SCR sell for bonkers amounts. It's inconvenient on so many levels yet stuff still seems to sell. Added to that people will pay well over the odds for a good finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Properties on that part of the SCR sell for bonkers amounts. It's inconvenient on so many levels yet stuff still seems to sell. Added to that people will pay well over the odds for a good finish.

If you're talking about that "villa" in Washington Street, it's a 1400sq ft period house done up to a very high standard in a very trendy popular area close to town - I won't be in the least surprised if it gets at least its asking price!

The one thing that would make me suspicious is the lack of detail about space out the back - no pictures and it was glossed over in the text, suggesting that it's negligible. Now your 1400sq ft house is looking a little less well-balanced for that kind of money, especially given there's no space out front.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If you're talking about that "villa" in Washington Street, it's a 1400sq ft period house done up to a very high standard in a very trendy popular area close to town - I won't be in the least surprised if it gets at least its asking price!

The one thing that would make me suspicious is the lack of detail about space out the back - no pictures and it was glossed over in the text, suggesting that it's negligible. Now your 1400sq ft house is looking a little less well-balanced for that kind of money, especially given there's no space out front.

It's well photographed on Sherry Fitz to be fair. It's small but functional.

While I'm sure it'll get the asking price, one would still want to question the sanity of that being an appropriate asking price there.

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/65756

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That 'villa' has stairs going up to the two-storey extension at the rear so the exterior photo of just the 1-storey building is a bit misleading (and probably not great advertising on their part).

That's why the space is limited at the back too.

• Advertisement

It's well photographed on Sherry Fitz to be fair. It's small but functional.

While I'm sure it'll get the asking price, one would still want to question the sanity of that being an appropriate asking price there.

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/65756

1400sq ft is not small!!!

That frontage is seriously deceptive.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    1400sq ft is not small!!!

That frontage is seriously deceptive.

You were referring to the back garden...

However 1400Sq ft. isn't huge either and that area is perfectly fine but not without it's issues.

You were referring to the back garden...
    Whoops, completely misunderstood that - sorry!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

MrMorooka wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious really, you can always tell the fake photos, they look nothing like what you get in Dublin. There's some 'je ne sais quoi' about the crapness of Dublin accommodation that you don't get elsewhere. Specifically, in that add, the matching colour scheme, the decent looking kitchen, and the quality of the flooring. You don't get anything like that here.

Anything built since the 2000s is just as good as that if not larger. You must be going to the wrong places. Most of my renting friends are in much larger places and they aren't rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

At least they admit it's small:
    https://www.daft.ie/21719595

Can Imagine It would be fairly depressing sitting on that chair, looking at the wall 2 foot from your face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

That's not even a small flat. It's the hallway !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

That's not even a small flat. It's the hallway !
    no washing machine in this property but the laundrette is 2 minutes away

surely that doesn't meet the regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did they convert the utility room into a bedroom? That looks like the back door that the headboard and locker are against.

This very small flat (and many others) could be rather bijou, functional and cosy, if only the landlords made a bit of an effort and took the 'caravan approach' of fixed furniture and use all available space more efficiently.
    The sofa and armchair is in the most depressing set up I can imagine. Absolutely dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

Kazooie wrote: »

Can Imagine It would be fairly depressing sitting on that chair, looking at the wall 2 foot from your face.

Now that is awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its near gmit, and is tiny, so presumably they want students, yet require a 14 month lease?? Also, that 'bedroom' will be absolutely freezing, id imagine there is zero insulation from the door/window.

Fcuking cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

It looks like the side area of a semi-detached that's been turned into a narrow 'flat' that runs the length of the house.

Picture 3 seems to show the front of a car outside the door. So, taking that as the front door, the little toilet is immediately on the right and the "living area" runs through to the bedroom facing the back garden.

Dignitas should sponsor the place - a couple of days staying there and anyone would be signing up for their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

This very small flat (and many others) could be rather bijou, functional and cosy, if only the landlords made a bit of an effort and took the 'caravan approach' of fixed furniture and use all available space more efficiently.
    The sofa and armchair is in the most depressing set up I can imagine. Absolutely dire.

I'll never understand the thinking of some landlords, presumably the sofa and chair are their own cast off stuff that they were too miserly to throw out. Why on earth would you purchase something like that for a corridor? So you can have 2 friends around to stare at the wall together?!

SuperS54 wrote: »
    I'll never understand the thinking of some landlords, presumably the sofa and chair are their own cast off stuff that they were too miserly to throw out. Why on earth would you purchase something like that for a corridor? So you can have 2 friends around to stare at the wall together?!

I am all for recycling and re-using. In this case it is not the right fit. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Kazooie wrote: »

You would need to be a confirmed singleton to live there. Or be fond of bonking on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

retalivity wrote: »
    Its near gmit, and is tiny, so presumably they want students, yet require a 14 month lease?? Also, that 'bedroom' will be absolutely freezing, id imagine there is zero insulation from the door/window.

Fcuking cowboys

I'd imagine it's a converted garage with zero insulation in the walls either.

At least you wouldn't need a wardrobe because you'd have to wear all your clothes to stay warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

retalivity wrote: »

Fcuking cowboys

Yeah the lease thing is a bit strange. I'd take a 14 month sentence in mountjoy before signing that. It's being let by an estate agent as well. Have they no shame at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd need a pair of sunglasses going in here!
    So much white!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/144-ashcroft-raheny-dublin-5/3865512

That's atually creeping me out - the white, the tiles, the see-through dining room furniture... it looks like the home of a psychotic surgeon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,016 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Winterlong wrote: »
    You would need to be a confirmed singleton to live there. Or be fond of bonking on the floor.

Most student accommodation is single beds AFAIK.

Its far from the worst ive seen, I'd be concerned about the lack of a second exit, eg a window or door from the kitchen or living area though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Shenshen wrote: »
    That's atually creeping me out - the white, the tiles, the see-through dining room furniture... it looks like the home of a psychotic surgeon.

Or Dexter Morgan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

loyatemu wrote:

Definitely doesn't meet regulations. And they want 550 a month?

loyatemu wrote:

Definitely doesn't meet regulations. And they want 550 a month?

I'd imagine it's a converted garage with zero insulation in the walls either.

I'd say your right, it is the garage.

pilly wrote: »
    I'd say your right, it is the garage.

A garage for a matchbox car ?

• Advertisement

A garage for a matchbox car ?

It's 2 rooms and a bathroom, imagine it was an empty shell?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement