Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

TresGats wrote: »
    This has a bit of history to it- http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/ballynahown/cloughmore-south-ballynahown-galway-1358634/ It was the former home of the late Dr. Noel Browne & his wife.

Getting that roof insured would be a nightmare and personally I'd be making some changes to the cluttered furniture and colour schemes around, but otherwise seems a pretty lovely little place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

<putting on estate agent blazer> Yep, that one has lots of potential.

Definitely not the standard square box and hearing neighbours through your walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This has a bit of history to it- http://www.daft.ie/galway/houses-for-sale/ballynahown/cloughmore-south-ballynahown-galway-1358634/ It was the former home of the late Dr. Noel Browne & his wife.

LOVE it. Almost as good as where I am renting. Clear all the clutter and it is perfect! Yearning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

inforfun wrote: »
    <putting on estate agent blazer> Yep, that one has lots of potential.

Definitely not the standard square box and hearing neighbours through your walls.

Ah yeah but it's €450k for starters.

Then you'd have to rewire the place.
    Put in heating and plumbing.
    Put in a new kitchen.
    Put in a new bathroom/s.
    There's only single glaze windows so maybe they'll need to be upgraded.
    Insulate the place.
    New internal doors, architrave and skirting.
    New flooring or maybe recondition the flooring boards underneath if they are suitable.
    The back ahem..garden needs a bit of TLC too.
    The roof might need to be repaired.

And that's all I can see from the photos.

You'd easily spend another €100k - €200k to modernise it, depending on taste.

Im smitten.
    I would change very little, apart from instead of their nick knacks to my knick knacks, art work, furnishings etc... oh and really insulate. But its beautiful Id spend most of the time outdoors in that rugged garden...

:o Id even wear a shawl...

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

Put in a new kitchen.
    Put in a new bathroom/s.
    Insulate the place.
    New flooring or maybe recondition the flooring boards underneath if they are suitable.

And that's all I can see from the photos.

You'd easily spend another €100k - €200k to modernise it, depending on taste.

I was "estate agenting" that €170.000 one in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

BattleCorp wrote: »

Put in a new kitchen.
    Put in a new bathroom/s.
    Insulate the place.
    A fixer-upper, a handyman's dream.
    thetruth.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

"No. 44 is immaculately presented and boasts quirky decor throughout"

Ah yes, quirky.

Kudos to the sunbed in the kitchen as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Stand clear, everyone! I know it's to buy, but you won't want to change a thing when you move into this gem!
    Showstopping House

Imgur link for posterity.

I think a Marilyn Monroe fan lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

inforfun wrote: »
    I think a Marilyn Monroe fan lives there.

What makes you think that? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

ams wrote: »
    Estate agent needed a lie down after photographing that I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

As if the place wasn't blinding enough they have the sunbed to walk into. Wonder what they will do to the next house they get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

It looks like a paint factory exploded :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

cisk wrote: »
    Oh my, i think we have a winner. :D

sunbed in the kitchen is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

osarusan wrote: »
    Estate agent needed a lie down after photographing that I'd say.

If you can't handle that house at its worst. You don't deserve it at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

were the current owners there for 7 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

We can close the thread now. That Marilyn house is absolutely dire.

Surely the estate agent would have tried to advise them to paint the place white, neutralise it, before going to market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

sunbed in the kitchen is amazing

So that's what it is! I was wondering about the strange folding screen :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

James 007 wrote: »
    The sink is provided there in Photo No. 2. I know you may call it a wash hand basin but if you can get your large plates into that basin without breaking them to hand wash them without any water spillages than this will suffice. There is only one tap but if the heating is on 3 times a day for 20mins, thats the time to rush home to hand wash your dishes while the water is still warm. Failing that wash the dishes when taking a shower.

You are a pretty practical thinker I see.

BTW would yer second name be Bond by any chance ?

Ya fecker, my eyes, my eyes.
    :eek:

Some of the rooms look like something out of a brothel you would see in some Channel 4 documentary.

It looks like the lad that paints the houses in Sneem was let loose inside the one house.
    And where the feck do you get purple carpets and sliver sofas.
    No I don't want to know.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Winterlong wrote: »
    We can close the thread now. That Marilyn house is absolutely dire.

Surely the estate agent would have tried to advise them to paint the place white, neutralise it, before going to market?

The way the market is in Dublin at the moment it probably wouldn't make a difference. The place could be smeared in shít, top to bottom and people would still set their mother on fire to make an offer on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

What is the name of that statue you can see in some of the windows from the outside of the Marilyn Technicolour Vomit Explosion House?

Have spotted in them clustered in various areas around Dublin before, but I don't know what they are or what they signify. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

check_six wrote: »
    What is the name of that statue you can see in some of the windows from the outside of the Marilyn Technicolour Vomit Explosion House?

Have spotted in them clustered in various areas around Dublin before, but I don't know what they are or what they signify. Any ideas?

Santa Antoinette Maria Garcia. She is the Argentinian saint of proletariat craftsmanship and is said to inspire those for whom art is a mystifying concept. By placing her figure in the window, one is said to be blessed with creative insight, allowing one to discover and appreciate new works and ascend among the bourgeois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

A friend christened them 'Our Lady of the Northside'. Though she is evidently a patron saint for many southsiders too :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

5219170592_763dd8ddc7_b.jpg

Saw loads of these out by St Margrets last year.

You can get christmas tree bawbles of them too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Awful looking gaf but fair play to whoever had the balls to stick to what they like and put their own mark on the place.

I'm sure they'll not have a problem selling at that price regardless of decor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Our Lady of The North Side
    This is the best article on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Words can't describe...

In desperate need of refurbishment :)

https://touch.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clondalkin/lot-1-house-at-44-harelawn-drive-clondalkin-dublin-1408769

EDIT: beaten to it but worth bumping it! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement