Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

spacetweek wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Area looks great too.

I think I'd prefer to have my bath in the bathroom, not in the bedroom.

It looks like a carpet on the floor of the bedroom. Not sure I'd like to step out of the bath dripping wet and drip all over the carpet. While I like the feel of carpet under foot, I wouldn't be in favour of damp mouldy carpets.

Plus steam from the bath going around the bedroom. Where is the extractor fan? Nah, I think I'd be having a word with the architect/builder about that one as I doubt that complies with building regulations.

My eyesight isn't great. Are there damp stains on the wall above the bath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

9e8ee99f4cf0d3c35b769ab6e797c34d.png

For €800.000 i wouldnt want to live that close to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

xzanti wrote: »

Love in the ad they have facilities as "wheelchair access"...all well and good until you need to go to bed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Got to love this one http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/portobello/stamer-street-portobello-dublin-1729546/

Wouldnt want to bring company home with that narrow access to the bed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

jjbrien wrote: »
    Got to love this one http://www.daft.ie/dublin/studio-apartments-for-rent/portobello/stamer-street-portobello-dublin-1729546/

Wouldnt want to bring company home with that narrow access to the bed

Jesus H Christ, €850 though?

• Advertisement

pilly wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ, €850 though?
    You'd struggle to find anything in that wider area for less than 850 quid a month.

I live up the road from this flat, and I pay rent of 1,300 euro pcm for a one-bedroom, living-cum kitchen flat in a converted house. It's not a kip, but it's very very basic, for that money.

My landlord is a vulture fund (Mars capital). That company earned revenues of 14 million euro last year, which is more than 230 times above what I earned. Yet it paid 56 times less tax than I did last year.

This is the new reality for a lot of renting people.

My landlord is a vulture fund (Mars capital). That company earned revenues of 14 million euro last year, which is more than 230 times above what I earned. Yet it paid 56 times less tax than I did last year.

This is the new reality for a lot of renting people.
    It's the new reality of ensuring the current generation of renters, remain renters for ever.
    You can never earn enough to save the deposit and they'll always outbid you on any house you would want to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That stamer st apt is listed every few months...i rember seeing numerous times since i moved back to dublin over 3 yrs ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Murt10 wrote: »
    I have seen the heart of darkness. And it is definitely this ad.

Anyone who even considers paying close to that asking price deserves everything they get, and more. Close to a million for f**king Mayo? Forget the property market, the world has gone mad. Not to mention, three hours to Dublin without traffic. And yes, before anyone says, of course the world doesn't revolve around Dublin. But Ireland does. And for that price, that house would want to be able to revolve on its axis and fly across the sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I have seen the heart of darkness. And it is definitely this ad.

Anyone who even considers paying close to that asking price deserves everything they get, and more. Close to a million for f**king Mayo? Forget the property market, the world has gone mad. Not to mention, three hours to Dublin without traffic. And yes, before anyone says, of course the world doesn't revolve around Dublin. But Ireland does. And for that price, that house would want to be able to revolve on its axis and fly across the sky.

Don't know why but to me, the first pic looks like a piece of cardboard with a house painted on. Is it the perspective or them using a wide lens or something? Just doesn't look real at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,299 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FanadMan wrote: »
    Don't know why but to me, the first pic looks like a piece of cardboard with a house painted on. Is it the perspective or them using a wide lens or something? Just doesn't look real at all.

The photos are shocking in general. If you're looking for €850,000, at least spend a little on getting professional photos.

I drive by that house a bit, the photos don't do it much justice. It's a fantastic setting and house prices in Westport can be nuts in places. Highly sought after.

Throwback to mid 20th century catholic ireland, including closeup of ancient light fittings!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/27-kingsland-park-avenue-portobello-dublin-8/3831048

The alcoves in this place make it look like a boat

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/3-northcote-place-dun-laoghaire-co-dublin/3966207

• Administrators Posts: 53,981 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Never seen a bath in the conservatory like that one before! :D

is that a see-through sit-in bath in the back porch???

Looks like the owner bought the entire home department of a TK Maxx and stuffed it into the house

• Administrators Posts: 53,981 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The neighbours get a nice view when you're in the bath too, I don't see any blinds on the windows. :pac:

1af4b6c89284c79d3ff7c327de3081df.jpg

This is bringing up so many questions.....
    Bath in the conservatory?

Quite rightly it has "relax" printed on it as well.
    Relax while the entire neighbourhood sees your naked bollox in bath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

inforfun wrote: »
    1af4b6c89284c79d3ff7c327de3081df.jpg

Looking at that shallow bath, there'd be an awful lot of me not getting wet if I was lying in that bath. And unfortunately I'm not talking about my todger either. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Rarely does a property with such elegant presentaion come to the market therefore we expect alot of interest..

Estate agent can't spell, and I think they need to go to Specsavers.. Elegant? That decor is nearly as good as the one in Nielstown with the Marilyn Monroe wallpaper.

Presentation, not "presentaion" oh and the word is a lot.

As for that shallow bath - why would you want your neighbours watching you while you're in the conservatory having a bath? I think there is more to this house than meets the eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Kamili wrote: »
    Estate agent can't spell,....That decor is nearly as good as the one in Nielstown

People in glass houses...

shouldn't have baths installed in them!!

:D

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    People in glass houses...

shouldn't have baths installed in them!!

:D

ha I got auto corrected by chrome! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Estate agent can't spell, and I think they need to go to Specsavers.. Elegant? That decor is nearly as good as the one in Nielstown with the Marilyn Monroe wallpaper.

Presentation, not "presentaion" oh and the word is a lot.

As for that shallow bath - why would you want your neighbours watching you while you're in the conservatory having a bath? I think there is more to this house than meets the eye
    A similar story with several property descriptions. If they're asking for hundreds of thousands of euro, the least they could do is afford to employ someone who can use proper syntax. A lot of ads seem to have an aversion to commas. Obviously in a rush to sell.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Looking at that shallow bath, there'd be an awful lot of me not getting wet if I was lying in that bath. And unfortunately I'm not talking about my todger either. :o

I am 6'3'' so i need a pool sized bath anyway to get wet.
    There is the reason i prefer a rainshower

BattleCorp wrote: »

I was actually trying to work out how would you get in and out of that bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Looks like that conservatory is riddled with damp. Or the bath leaks.
    Lots of water damage marks on the blue wall.

The house is mank though.
    Surely the estate agent would have the balls to tell them that if they spent 1000 on getting the place painted a neutral color they will get more than that back in the sale price?

I was actually trying to work out how would you get in and out of that bath.

you slide in and slide out!

if you feel up to it.. you can shake it all about. While the neighbours look on, in dismay.

*I'll get my coat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

retalivity wrote: »
    Throwback to mid 20th century catholic ireland, including closeup of ancient light fittings!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/27-kingsland-park-avenue-portobello-dublin-8/3831048
    That kitchen is shockingly awkward. Extend it into the garden.

If you removed all the fireplaces, you'd add about 30 sq ft to the floor area.

you slide in and slide out!

if you feel up to it.. you can shake it all about. While the neighbors look on, in dismay.

*I'll get my coat.

If you look the tub is like one of those massage chairs. Your legs will be in the air at the same height as your head it aint a regular bath.

The whole house I think the owner was trying to decorate it like kerry katona

If you look the tub is like one of those massage chairs. Your legs will be in the air at the same height as your head it aint a regular bath.

thats exactly what I was thinking, there is more to this place than meets the eye I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bit harsh on Kerry Katona there. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement