Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Shenshen wrote: »
    What's with that last picture - somewhat algae-infected mini-infinity pool with 3 massage tables next to it, complete with towels folded on them? :confused:

Also, I'd be worried about there not being any photos of the inside....
    I actually stuck that picture into reverse image search and it pops up as a stock "backyard oasis" photo - I sincerely doubt it has any connection to the property.

Which makes it all weirder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Vojera wrote: »
    I actually stuck that picture into reverse image search and it pops up as a stock "backyard oasis" photo - I sincerely doubt it has any connection to the property.

Which makes it all weirder.

https://www.minimalisti.com/backyard-oasis-ideas-garden-retreat.html

good find, there it is in some random garden ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Not especially funny, but certainly one of the most interesting photos I've seen on Daft:
    AyZDMCd.png

From this house share (and a little more background on the place here - although I laughed at "At almost 3000 sq ft, it is a substantial house that will be big enough for most families" - what families is this not enough for - the Duggers?)

If it was real it would definitely suit someone into synchronized trampolining.

BTW the English is also just a little suspect.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Hi i am out of the country at the moment, I've had a lot of interest so if you want to secure the house please transfer the money immediately to account name notascam iban xxxxxxxxxxxxx...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Simona1986 wrote: »

It's straight out of a horror movie!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd pay someone not to live there. The photo with all the stuffed toys is something you'd see in your nightmares before waking up in a cold sweat. Why would you put up a photo of something like that?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'd pay someone not to live there. The photo with all the stuffed toys is something you'd see in your nightmares before waking up in a cold sweat. Why would you put up a photo of something like that?!?!

It's like something from a Stephen King film...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

F*cking hell, that's real horror movie stuff.

Good horror movie stuff too, just filling the viewer with a growing sense of dread through eerie images, such as a photo of stuffed toys above the fireplace.

EDIT: House share too. "Yes, I decorated it myself."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's got the bones of a beautiful house.

Unfortunately it may also have the bones of a few former residents :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭Alkers

It also has what appears to be some form of bottle display which forms part of the wall between two of the rooms. Would love to see the place in person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

WTAF is all I can say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I think that place looks really interesting, would love to see more of the place tbh.

Hope you don't mind, OP, but this one really needed an imgur backup for posterity :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

It's probably just viral marketing for a film or something.

MrMorooka wrote: »
    It's probably just viral marketing for a film or something.

You could be right, would someone really live in a place like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Pilly nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to rental properties in Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

It's very cheap for Parnell Square and you seem to be getting the whole house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,300 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

spacetweek wrote: »
    It's very cheap for Parnell Square and you seem to be getting the whole house.

It's summer let (sub let I would imagine), maximum 3 months, which might explain the price. Some poor ("Artsy") student probably trying to offload it while they're off for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Burgo wrote: »
    I think that place looks really interesting, would love to see more of the place tbh.

It looks semi-derelict. It'd be a fanastic place with a bit of rennovation and preserving the features.

Presumably a bit of an artsy type living there with the strange close-ups of the ornamentation. I actually like the spooky teddy installation :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,300 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It looks semi-derelict. It'd be a fanastic place with a bit of rennovation and preserving the features.

You're not a millions miles off, this apartment got to the final 3 in RTE's "Home of the Year".

http://m.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/inside-this-dublin-familys-amazing-georgian-apartment-the-star-of-last-nights-home-of-the-year-35496808.html

All they need to do is lose the teddy picture and install a marble bathroom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

It also has what appears to be some form of bottle display which forms part of the wall between two of the rooms. Would love to see the place in person!

Kind of in a depressing way.... a bit like visiting Chernobyl on a wet day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

It's not a photo. Each toy contains the soul of previous tenants.

Oh, you're right! I thought they were matching pieces of wall art but now that I look closer I see what you mean. Which obviously means no privacy from the living area either.

Looks like a person is in there too.

Oh, you're right! I thought they were matching pieces of wall art but now that I look closer I see what you mean. Which obviously means no privacy from the living area either.

Oh jesus stop, I will actually have nightmares about this place tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,488 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thoie wrote: »
    It's not a photo. Each toy contains the soul of previous tenants.

Sounds like an episode of Doctor Who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

There is a reflective surface at the back of the wire/bottle thing. The 'person' is the photographer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

..or at least what remains of the photographer in this mortal realm! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement