Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

It looks semi-derelict. It'd be a fanastic place with a bit of rennovation and preserving the features.

Presumably a bit of an artsy type living there with the strange close-ups of the ornamentation. I actually like the spooky teddy installation :pac:

It's what I would call arty farty shabby chic. :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Rashers Tierney- the NCAD years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,488 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

humberklog wrote: »
    Rashers Tierney- the NCAD years.

I haven't heard that name in a looooong time.

Vojera wrote: »
    Oh, you're right! I thought they were matching pieces of wall art but now that I look closer I see what you mean. Which obviously means no privacy from the living area either.

Looks like a person is in there too.
    looks like a display of shrunken heads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well, if you're the kind of person who doesn't need much sleep you'd be grand as you'd NEVER SLEEP AGAIN...for fear that something will come to life and hack you to pieces.

Photo 4 should be where photo 3 is so that it just zooms in pic by pic on the teddy/doll thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/idlewild-russellstown-naas-kildare/3958504

the garage is fine though.. maybe you could live there until the main house is sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Kamili wrote: »
    https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/idlewild-russellstown-naas-kildare/3958504

the garage is fine though.. maybe you could live there until the main house is sorted.
    So it's €185k for a site that's not even cleared? So you've that expense, the expense of clearing the site and then you still have to build? I'm sure you've to pay extra for the plans of the building that already has planning too, and bear in mind that you could have to reapply if you want something different.

So it's €185k for a site that's not even cleared? So you've that expense, the expense of clearing the site and then you still have to build? I'm sure you've to pay extra for the plans of the building that already has planning too, and bear in mind that you could have to reapply if you want something different.

a20c8bd22a5efb6ff8fdb7849b92b32b_hit-the-nail-on-the-head-hit-the-nail-on-the-head-meme_500-378.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The best option would be to rebuild what was originally there. No planning permission needed, no need to knock walls etc. I'm surprised so many of the windows survived, maybe some damage to them internally. Wow, you can see the couch in the conservatory, how did that not go up in flames?

Still an expensive site. Looks like it was a nice enough house before the fire.

I doubt you can rebuild, if so why would anyone get new planning permission for a new build? I'd say thats not salvageable at all in its current state.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    I doubt you can rebuild, if so why would anyone get new planning permission for a new build? I'd say thats not salvageable at all in its current state.

I've seen plenty of houses that were in similar condition rebuilt. No idea why someone got new planning permission but I'm certain that if you reroofed the house with a similar roof to the one that was burned, you wouldn't need planning permission.

Here's a Canadian friend to the creepy doll house!
    Link to ad with more photos

Perfectly ordinary and respectable-looking on the outside:
    uyJG8Md.jpg

And then BAM!
    708BRvN.jpg

gIlIF0H.jpg

2Ljb492.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That's the stuff of nightmares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

jaysus....

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

That house gives me the creeps. I'm scared of Clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

good job Vojera, that's just hilarious

Oh god the one with the big clown in the corner....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was just coming in here to post that house! I'm not freaked out by clowns but that house is screaming serial killer to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭cml387

OK I have to run away and hide now.

Neyite wrote: »
    I was just coming in here to post that house! I'm not freaked out by clowns but that house is screaming serial killer to me!

I've never been freaked out by clowns, until now.

Looked at that and all of a sudden realised why people are scared of clowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Neyite wrote: »

Seller is Mr JW Gacy...

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of houses that were in similar condition rebuilt. No idea why someone got new planning permission but I'm certain that if you reroofed the house with a similar roof to the one that was burned, you wouldn't need planning permission.
    It's probably easier to sell a site than to sell a "fixer upper" (extreme edition), but sure more people make more money out of a complete rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Eugh, clowns

Here's a Canadian friend to the creepy doll house!
    Link to ad with more photos

Perfectly ordinary and respectable-looking on the outside:

And then BAM!

I'd have no problem with that clown/doll house. No problem after an hour or two of firing stuff into a skip that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with that clown/doll house. No problem after an hour or two of firing stuff into a skip that is.

You'd get up the next morning and they'd all be back in place, having crawled out of the skip and back into the house... :eek:

maudgonner wrote: »
    You'd get up the next morning and they'd all be back in place, having crawled out of the skip and back into the house... :eek:

I've the same problem with the wife. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

€2750 will be the price for the 2 bedroom I heard.

Close up of the towel radiator but no pictures of the one bedroom. Huh.

Zero storage as well, luxury me hole. Looks more suited to short-term corporate lets imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement