Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That's not funny. That's just really really bloody depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

question: are these apartment finished already or is it under construction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Looks like still under construction from the view from the kitchen. Looks cheaply finished for that price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tara73 wrote: »
    question: are these apartment finished already or is it under construction?

They're still under construction and don't look anywhere near finished. They use the same pictures for all ads for all units so I guess they have one finished and whacked them all up. If you only want on bathroom in your one bad apartment though, you can get it for the bargain price of 1725 a month.
    I'd like to think they won't rent them at that price, but they probably will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

They're still under construction and don't look anywhere near finished. They use the same pictures for all ads for all units so I guess they have one finished and whacked them all up. If you only want on bathroom in your one bad apartment though, you can get it for the bargain price of 1725 a month.

Tbf I don't see the need for 2 bathrooms in a one bedroom apartment. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

pilly wrote: »
    €2750 will be the price for the 2 bedroom I heard.

I'm sorry but the Bubble is definitely back.

The guts of 3000 dollary doos for a ****ely finished 2 bed apartment out on the M50 Ring!?

There's nothing around there, Beacon south quarter is without a doubt the most depressing place you could live on the South side of Dublin.

Madness!
    We were blessed we bought in the middle of the Dip.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I really hope they don't either. Crazy money altogether.

grahambo wrote: »

The guts of 3000 dollary doos for a ****ely finished 2 bed apartment out on the M50 Ring!?

There's nothing around there, Beacon south quarter is without a doubt the most depressing place you could live on the South side of Dublin.

Yep...horrible place. I work in the estate so would live there purely for convenience if I moved there...but outside of 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday it's a dull ghost town.
    I've lots of colleagues living there all of them hate it.

grahambo wrote: »

Madness!
    We were blessed we bought in the middle of the Dip.

Yep, I agree. My mam was in the hospital over there for a long while and I often thought why on earth would you want to live around there. There's no sense of a community at all.

Long walk even to the Luas too from parts of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Holy sh1t! I think I found Ireland's number 1 mardlyn monrow fan!

https://www.daft.ie/11408769

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »

boasts quirky decor throughout

yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Rothmans wrote: »

Sweet mother of pearls. It's a Santa Antoinette Maria Garcia statute getting a tan cooking a roast while she thinks of her sad wardrobe, and a cat high on €210,000 worth of drugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Their definition of a "fully equipped kitchen" differs vastly from mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness, they didn't try to hide anything (including the owner in pic 22). Pity about the plugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

well cleaning you plate while cooking your toast is about to become a game of see if the circuit breakers work!

850 for that hovel your hallway is an outside wall of the house a nice pebble dash wouldn't like to scrape off that trying to get in with a few beers on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

In fairness, they didn't try to hide anything (including the owner in pic 22). Pity about the plugs.

The ones conveniently positioned over the sink? why wouldn't you want a toaster plugged into a socket over a sink! What could go wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

You're required by law to have a 4 ring hob they only have the Ikea one ring induction plate.

I can't see an oven or microwave either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I like that the stipple effect was carried through from the outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    The ones conveniently positioned over the sink? why wouldn't you want a toaster plugged into a socket over a sink! What could go wrong.

oddly there was room to the right of the sink for those sockets.. why the need to stick them there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

That's an expensive mattress. SleepSpa is the luxury brand made by the people that make KingKoil... Highly unusual choice for a rental!

That's an expensive mattress. SleepSpa is the luxury brand made by the people that make KingKoil... Highly unusual choice for a rental!

To be fair they have put some effort into it. I've seen worse..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

The kitchen isn't great but I see little else wrong with it. You've your own door and it's 3 rooms.

spacetweek wrote: »
    The kitchen isn't great but I see little else wrong with it. You've your own door and it's 3 rooms.

850 though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

BER rating of G, literally tacked onto the outside wall of a house. I'd say it's freezing in the winter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

http://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad%2C33422%2Cen.pdf

Article 8 - Food Preparation and Storage and Laundry
     All rental accommodation shall contain the following
    self-contained facilities:
     4 ring hob with oven and grill
     Provision for the effective and safe removal of
    fumes to the external air by means of cooker
    hood or an extractor fan

 Fridge and freezer
     Microwave oven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Problem is that a lot of renters are uninformed about their rights are as regards to health and safety requirements. Some prospective tenants will be dazzled by the mod television and the new toaster and kettle in their boxes. Some won't see the danger.

• Advertisement

Problem is that a lot of renters are uninformed about their rights are as regards to health and safety requirements. Some prospective tenants will be dazzled by the mod television and the new toaster and kettle in their boxes. Some won't see the danger.

Some people never cook either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement