Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,300 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

pilly wrote: »
    Some people never cook either.

Let them cook toast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

There's no freezer either. Pot noodles to beat the band it is then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    There's no freezer either. Pot noodles to beat the band it is then.

And beans on toast!

Then there's this: http://www.daft.ie/wicklow/apartments-for-rent/bray/the-potato-house-woodbrook-bray-wicklow-1735717/

Rent went up €200 from the 3rd May to the 12th May. 1200-1400. Not exactly 4%.

Emailed the estate agent to point out that that's now illegal to raise the rent that much and she tells me, "The last tenant's were paying €1400"

Sure they were, and you were initially advertising it at €1200 for the good of the next renter?

Who do you even report this nonsense to?

/edited to add, I reported them both, but daft obviously don't give a sh*t anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The Potato House. You'd want to be a feckin potato head to rent that hovel for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,423 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Then there's this: http://www.daft.ie/wicklow/apartments-for-rent/bray/the-potato-house-woodbrook-bray-wicklow-1735717/

Emailed the estate agent to point out that that's now illegal to raise the rent that much and she tells me, "The last tenant's were paying €1400"

Sure they were, and you were initially advertising it at €1200 for the good of the next renter?

/edited to add, I reported them both, but daft obviously don't give a sh*t anymore

never ceases to amaze and amuse me the amount of estate agents who take pictures of the bathroom with toilet seats up.

Also does the 4% only apply to rent increases for sitting tenants? If the property is vacated; is the landlord restricted to 104% of the last rent paid by the vacating tenants?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

In your email to the agent Id cc in the RTB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Miavi?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi no the 4% increase is across the board and landlords have to supply or be able to supply evidence of previous rent to new tenants.

Additional Requirement for New Tenancies in Rent Pressure Zone
    In the case of a new tenancy in a rent pressure zone, a landlord is required to furnish the tenant, in writing, with the following information at the commencement of the tenancy:
    (i) The amount of rent that was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling;
    (ii) The date the rent was last set under a tenancy for the dwelling;
    (iii) A statement as to how the rent set under the tenancy of the dwelling has been calculated having regard to the rent pressure zone formula.

https://www.rtb.ie/rent-pressure-zones/rent-pressure-zones
    lawred2 wrote: »
    never ceases to amaze and amuse me the amount of estate agents who take pictures of the bathroom with toilet seats up.

Also does the 4% only apply to rent increases for sitting tenants? If the property is vacated; is the landlord restricted to 104% of the last rent paid by the vacating tenants?

lawred2 wrote:

If it's a RPZ yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,423 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah well.. Out of order then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Rent went up ?200 from the 3rd May to the 12th May. 1200-1400. Not exactly 4%.

Emailed the estate agent to point out that that's now illegal to raise the rent that much and she tells me, "The last tenant's were paying ?1400"

Sure they were, and you were initially advertising it at ?1200 for the good of the next renter?

Acorn Property Services Ireland Ltd.

Call them again and tell them that translated to Dutch their name would be very fitting > Eikel (dickhead) Property services

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Interesting, I didn't know that Bray (and Galway and many other towns outside Dublin and Cork ) are included in the RPZ's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

spacetweek wrote: »
    Interesting, I didn't know that Bray (and Galway and many other towns outside Dublin and Cork ) are included in the RPZ's.
    Gas isn't it? There are other places outside The Pale! Imagine!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Bray was always in the pale, a lot of the areas up as far as Drogheda were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Myself and the wife looked at that place 5 years ago when we were moving. It was on the market for €900 and we took a quick look around and decided it was even overpriced at that. A dump.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Myself and the wife looked at that place 5 years ago when we were moving. It was on the market for ?900 and we took a quick look around and decided it was even overpriced at that. A dump.

€900 per month to rent? It looks freezing cold.

wintear wrote: »
    Bray was always in the pale, a lot of the areas up as far as Drogheda were.

Ah come on now Bray is in Dublin isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

pilly wrote: »
    ?900 per month to rent? It looks freezing cold.

Smelled damp as well. This was 5 years ago when the market was flooded with places. Never felt like you could make it a home, not great for natural light either. Was happy to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

What IS that thing over the bed???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Shenshen wrote: »
    What IS that thing over the bed???

I'm guessing that it is a hay feeder. Fill it up with hay and animals graze from it. Has the place been converted from a barn/stable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm guessing that it is a hay feeder. Fill it up with hay and animals graze from it. Has the place been converted from a barn/stable?

yep its a horse hay feeder. Looks like the place is a converted stable. They have even plastered the feeder onto the wall.

I can smell the damp from here. Can't be insulated properly.

There's no BER rating listed either - thats not legal.

Kamili wrote: »
    There's no BER rating listed either - thats not legal.
    Who is supposed to be enforcing the BER listing requirement and do they ever look at Daft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

serfboard wrote: »
    Who is supposed to be enforcing the BER listing requirement and do they ever look at Daft?

PRTB is my guess, and obviously not.

I think someone on here has reported adverts to Daft themselves and had them removed in the past though.

I cannot understand why daft allow adverts with no BER be published at all, especially as its a legal requirement.

Kamili wrote: »
    I cannot understand why daft allow adverts with no BER be published at all, especially as its a legal requirement.
    A more basic question is why is Daft (or anyone) allowed to advertise properties without a BER?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

serfboard wrote: »
    A more basic question is why is Daft (or anyone) allowed to advertise properties without a BER?

Because our politicians and civil servants are more interested in feeding from the trough than getting up off their ars*s and actually doing anything which would improve the lives of citizens.

AFAIK its the local authorities which are responsible for enforcing BER listing requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

0a208ae3c3cb7c38e1f7b2ef69eeb06e.png

yeah...that is the living room with a bed dumped in it.
    Own fridge though by the looks of it.

inforfun wrote: »
    0a208ae3c3cb7c38e1f7b2ef69eeb06e.png

yeah...that is the living room with a bed dumped in it.
    Own fridge though by the looks of it.

It's so miserable looking. For €425 per month. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Look at the mould all along the ceiling :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement