Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,689 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

GoneHome wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/mitchelstown/ballyporeen-near-mitchelstown-cork-1451397/ jeez they could have at least given the place a bit of tidy before taking the pics, particularly the kitchen/living room!

That house is close enough to me and I think it's being on the market a good while. (Unless they put it up and took it down) It's like they don't want to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

maudgonner wrote: »
    It's a fake. If you do a reverse image search it pops up on various Twitter feeds as being in New York, Paris etc.
    But believable. That's the problem.

Like fake news. It's not fake if people believe it. It's news. The problem isn't fake news. The problem is that people believe it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

It's not fake if people believe it.

Wrong.

It's fake regardless of what people believe!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Wrong.

It's fake regardless of what people believe!
    No.

Important not to conflate news with facts. If enough people believe something, then it's news. Fake news is news because not only do people believe it; they want to believe it.

Important not to conflate news with facts.

I wasn't.

I was challenging your contention that if people believe something, that that affects whether it's fake or not.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Okay this thread has gone down a weird road!

It's the heat - it's dragging me off topic.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    I wasn't.

I was challenging your contention that if people believe something, that that affects whether it's fake or not.
    It does. For example, take football boots. There are fake versions, and more expensive, better quality real versions. But if someone starts saying that the fake version is actually the real version, maybe even the company selling the boots, and people believe it, then the fake boots are no longer fake. They are now the real version. It's that simple. And that is the situation with fake news. Fake is only fake for as long as people choose for it to be fake.

It does. For example, take football boots. There are fake versions, and more expensive, better quality real versions. But if someone starts saying that the fake version is actually the real version, maybe even the company selling the boots, and people believe it, then the fake boots are no longer fake. They are now the real version. It's that simple. And that is the situation with fake news. Fake is only fake for as long as people choose for it to be fake.

Well if you believe it then it must be true.:confused:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭munster87

Everything you typed there is fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You're wrong and your beliefs on the issue are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

guys, take your discussion elsewhere, it's completely offtopic, nobody's interested!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

tara73 wrote: »
    guys, take your discussion elsewhere, it's completely offtopic, nobody's interested!!

I totally agree that fake news crap does not belong in this thread and I wish the poster would stop going on about it. However, I do not agree with being singled out after one comment when it's going back and forth between others.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clondalkin/lot-1-house-at-44-harelawn-drive-clondalkin-dublin-1408769/

Unfortunately, the above property is not for rent but, for feck sake it looks like A standard brothel to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

09_09_09 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clondalkin/lot-1-house-at-44-harelawn-drive-clondalkin-dublin-1408769/

Unfortunately, the above property is not for rent but, for feck sake it looks like A standard brothel to me!

thats been up here a few times :)

Its now got Lot 1 in the title, wonder if its gone to auction instead

munster87 wrote: »
    Everything you typed there is fake
    Have either of you a constructive argument to make other than "you're wrong because I say so"? Are you even able to construct one?

09_09_09 wrote: »

I actually feel sad every time I see that house. Whoever lived in it obviously put a huge amount of work into it and now can't afford to live there anymore.

I'm making that presumption on the fact that if they had any money they'd gut if before they put it up for sale so I'd say it was repossessed or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

pilly wrote: »
    I actually feel sad every time I see that house. Whoever lived in it obviously put a huge amount of work into it and now can't afford to live there anymore.

I'm making that presumption on the fact that if they had any money they'd gut if before they put it up for sale so I'd say it was repossessed or something.

Why do you think that they can't afford it any more? Is there anything to show that it is a repossession sale?

I love the auctioneer's speak "within arm's reach of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre". You'd want long arms. :D

BattleCorp wrote:
    Why do you think that they can't afford it any more? Is there anything to show that it is a repossession sale?

Just that they didn't clear it out. An estate agents advice is always to paint all walls neutral so as not to put buyers off.

And the fact that it's now up for auction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Just that they didn't clear it out. An estate agents advice is always to paint all walls neutral so as not to put buyers off.

Or a relationship breakup where both parties just want shut of the place.

And besides, you'd spend thousands trying to paint that place. Each wall would need about 100 coats of paint to kill that colour. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont spend money you dont have on **** you dont need.
    It is really that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

An estate agents advice is always to paint all walls neutral so as not to put buyers off.

you havn't been long here on this thread or seen pics estate agents put up in general...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

Have either of you a constructive argument to make other than "you're wrong because I say so"? Are you even able to construct one?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,017 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Maybe they died. Or got promoted to a job overseas.

I'd far rather buy a housr with some colours than a neutral one. Even .. umm ... strong colours like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Just a quick question for all of you, on something I see in a lot of ads lately. Maybe it's only be it annoys, I don't know. People still putting water as a bill that is or is not included in the rent. Are water bills not abolished now or did I just dream it?!

Just a quick question for all of you, on something I see in a lot of ads lately. Maybe it's only be it annoys, I don't know. People still putting water as a bill that is or is not included in the rent. Are water bills not abolished now or did I just dream it?!

I've literally NEVER seen it mentioned as a bill that's included!

But yes they were abolished. Doesn't mean they won't be back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Maybe they died. Or got promoted to a job overseas.

I'd far rather buy a housr with some colours than a neutral one. Even .. umm ... strong colours like that.

Or now they like Audrey Hepburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I've literally NEVER seen it mentioned as a bill that's included!

But yes they were abolished. Doesn't mean they won't be back though.

Here's one example for you with it mentioned as a bill that's included:

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/swords/berwick-swords-dublin-935791/

Oh, they could definitely show up again, no doubts there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

This isn't for rent, it's for sale... (But I think it's worthy of this thread)

1 Car Parking space in the IFSC...
    Yours for just €18,000

The Madness is back

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/sites-for-sale/ifsc/parking-space-malton-house-custom-house-square-ifsc-dublin-1439382

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭blackwhite

grahambo wrote: »
    This isn't for rent, it's for sale... (But I think it's worthy of this thread)

1 Car Parking space in the IFSC...
    Yours for just €18,000

The Madness is back

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/sites-for-sale/ifsc/parking-space-malton-house-custom-house-square-ifsc-dublin-1439382

I have a (vague) memory of parking spaces in the Grand Canal Dock area going for close to €45k at one point during the Tiger years..... must see if I can find anything still online

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement